✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my friends in Christ!

“So it came to pass, when the king's commandment and his decree was heard, and when many maidens were gathered together unto Shushan the palace, to the custody of Hegai, that Esther was brought also unto the king's house, to the custody of Hegai, keeper of the women.“ - Esther 2:8

It was Esther who put her life on the line to save her uncle and her people. Esther was an ordinary person who did an extraordinary thing by having the courage to confront the king about Haman’s plan to destroy the Jewish people. Being extraordinary takes courage. As Ray Blankenship was preparing his breakfast, he gazed out the window, and saw a small girl being swept along in the rain-flooded...

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-esther.html

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my friends in Christ!

“So it came to pass, when the king's commandment and his decree was heard, and when many maidens were gathered together unto Shushan the palace, to the custody of Hegai, that Esther was brought also unto the king's house, to the custody of Hegai, keeper of the women.“ - Esther 2:8

It was Esther who put her life on the line to save her uncle and her people. Esther was an ordinary person who did an extraordinary thing by having the courage to confront the king about Haman’s plan to destroy the Jewish people. Being extraordinary takes courage. As Ray Blankenship was preparing his breakfast, he gazed out the window, and saw a small girl being swept along in the rain-flooded...

http://www.refreshingdaily.org/2018/09/daily-devotion-ordinary-people-esther.html

Esther WAS courageous, wasn't she? She could have been executed for daring approach the king without an invite, yet she did. She risked everything, including her very life.

"I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish." ~Esther 4:16

Ray Blankenship didn't give a second thought to jumping in that deep and swirling water as he only thought about the little girl needing help. i think he forgot that he could not swim and it was God's pure adrenaline that came into play here to grant this courageous man what he needed. This ordinary man who could not swim did the unthinkable and against all odds, brought this little girl and himself to safety from the very brink of destruction.

And thus, this ordinary man is awarded the Coast Guard’s Silver Lifesaving Medal.

Yes, God uses ordinary people to do the extraordinary, the impossible.

That means He uses all of us in extraordinary and surprising ways.

How glorious is that??!!

An edifying study and meditation brother. Thank you.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0