✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.” - Acts 9:36

The name Dorcas means “an emblem of beauty.” There are several things that we know about Dorcas. First of all, she was full of good deeds (verse 36). We also know that she was saved. We are told in verse 36 that she was a disciple. A fourth thing we know is that she was greatly loved. At her death, they sent for the Apostle Peter, no doubt to help comfort those who were distraught because of her passing. When Peter arrived, he found all the widows weeping over her. A fifth thing we know is... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ Dorcas

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.” - Acts 9:36

The name Dorcas means “an emblem of beauty.” There are several things that we know about Dorcas. First of all, she was full of good deeds (verse 36). We also know that she was saved. We are told in verse 36 that she was a disciple. A fourth thing we know is that she was greatly loved. At her death, they sent for the Apostle Peter, no doubt to help comfort those who were distraught because of her passing. When Peter arrived, he found all the widows weeping over her. A fifth thing we know is... #D4Ldevotion #D4L

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Ordinary People ~ Dorcas

Now this is amaaaaazing. i have never NOTICED this before. Tabitha (aka Dorcas) is called a "disciple" here! And she's a female! This woman lived and breathed what she believed and God used her mightily, not just as she lived, but even at her death. What a testimony, that God brought her back to life through Peter.

A powerful testimony of a life mightily used of God, and a glorious "light bulb moment" for me. This has been a powerful realization in many ways that God can use ANYONE to be a powerful testimony and disciple for Him. Including a woman named Dorcas.

Wunnerful learning and meditation, brother. Thank you, and God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As always thank you Brinny for reading and commenting. A disciple is simply a follower of Jesus that puts action to his or her belief. In Christ alone!

Yes, and yet i was assuming it was amongst Jesus' twelve disciples and always a man.

This has been a revelation, so to speak, for me.

Have a wunnerfully blessed day brother. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0