• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Daily Devotion: Jezebel

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by D4L, May 27, 2019.

1. D4L

D4L Well-Known Member Supporter

+963
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said unto him, Why is thy spirit so sad, that thou eatest no bread?” - I Kings 21:5

The name Jezebel means dunghill which certainly fits her character. Jezebel was as corrupt as she was cruel. Her corruption can be seen in her plotting against Naboth, and her cruelty can be seen in... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Jezebel

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,952
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    i had no idea what Jezebel's name meant. What a tragic life and "legacy".

Thank you for this informative and thought-provoking meditation and study on this cool-ish but sunny and beautiful Monday morning in May, brother.

God bless you.

3. D4L

D4L Well-Known Member Supporter

+963
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I wonder if it meant that before she was born (what mother would name her child that?), or does it mean that because of her?

Here we are at 85 and headed to 93 on this Memorial Day. Hope your day is a blessed one!

4. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,952
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    It is possibly the "legacy" of that name that caused it to mean such a thing. How tragic. Jabez was born with a "cursed" name, but he went to the living God about all of it. His legacy is a blessed one because of it. So is his name.

It is already humid right now, and it's s'posed to be in the 80's. A very blessed Memorial Day to you as well.