USA
✟629,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"devil worship music" I also have to ask what is this? We do forget that if its not for GOD then ..there is no middle ground here. And music or video games or books.. since most never see this kind of stuff its not real.. praise GOD.

Your son? Don't let dad take him in there. Yes pray will protect him because hes your son you have that right. Dad is only doing this because GOD is working on his heart.. its very clear to see. Remember greater is He that is in you then he thats in the world. You have all power all authority over the enemy. Short true story.. two girls had tickets to go back stage to see this band. There was this big guard there as they tried to go in he only let one girl in. The other asked why can't she..she has a ticket? HE said because your a Christian. She never said a word.

See mom ALWAYS prayed over her before she left the house. Remember no matter what you hear see or feel.. greater is HE that is in YOU then he thats in the world. Find promises in Gods word and PRAY them... always do this. My dad use to ack that way. My mom use to go to a bible study I wanted to go and to Church and he never let me go. They just kept praying. I got to go to both all the time and he got saved PRISAE GOD glory to Jesus.

Remember also FEAR.. Satan can only lie.. if he is telling you to fear then you should know its a lie for GOD has not given you the spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind!

• Winner
Reactions: joymercy
Upvote 0

Shadowkat

Jun 28, 2018
Georgia
✟23,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Im kind of nervous bc my dad looked up and played devil worship music loudly at 3a to get under my brother's skin bc hes a minister.

However, he took my baby in witb him and had him listening to it telling him to let it in .

Im worried. Will prayer keep my son safe? Im really annoyed bc I know what you expose yourself to is a big deal spiritually. Any special prayer that I can pray over him?

My initial reaction is mostly anger. I intend to continue to pray for your situation.
As for advice, I don’t like that your son is being used as a goad and I would suggest that if it is possible that you should remove the boy from the situation. Apart from the religious arguments, your description of your father’s behavior seems emotionally abusive to your son. I further suggest that you describe the situation in detail to a local pastor who is not related to you. He can help you decide if official or legal action is warranted to protect you and your son. You are not alone. If you feel that your son is being mistreated and that you are not able to properly protect him, the church has a responsibility to give you help, as does the local authorities. I would not suggest confronting your father in any way until you can get someone to give you real counsel and they are willing to stand with you if necessary.

Upvote 0

SkovandOfMitzae

Apr 17, 2022
Southeastern USA
✟8,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I’m hard pressed to believe it to be honest. Makes no sense. Are y’all living your dad? How old are you and your brother? If he’s a minister , why is he living at home with you and your dad?

But let’s say this is all real. The music is the least of your problems. The music won’t affect your kid anywhere near as much as the toxic family environment he’s growing up in. You need to get child support from the baby’s dad, and start filing paperwork for WIC, Income base affordable housing and food stamps. As soon as you can move into that place. Eve have your minister brother move in to help split the bills.

if it’s y’all’s house then y’all need to begin the process of kicking your dad out legally.

• Useful
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟832,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I understand correctly:

People in this thread are asking questions about your brother because he *is* a grown man, a Christian, and a minister. If your father is playing "devil music" at 3:00 AM specifically to get under your brother's skin, then it would be up to your brother to deal with that. Your primary concern here should be protecting your child (to what extent depends on your child's age) from your father.

And not so much because of the music. The problem here is over and above whether the music is actually dangerous or of the devil. Doing something--anything at all--deliberately to get under a family member's skin, is toxic behavior that you and your child should not be around. I find holes in the story too, but if it's true as presented, your father sounds like an overgrown eight-year-old.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are people concerned with my brother? Hes a christian. My dad was the one playing the music. That part confuses me.

The reason I was asking about your brother is because in my mind, if he's a bona-fide minister, that implies to me that he has a network with a church and that he might be able to connect the both of you with further assistance through a local church (or churches) that can enable you to get out and way from your dad.

That's 'why' I was asking, just so you know, Sis! It'd be great if you and your brother can get out from under your dad's roof, and do it in the right kind of way. :cool:

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Why are people concerned with my brother? Hes a christian. My dad was the one playing the music. That part confuses me.

What is "devil worship music" though?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0