Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im kind of nervous bc my dad looked up and played devil worship music loudly at 3a to get under my brother's skin bc hes a minister.

However, he took my baby in witb him and had him listening to it telling him to let it in .

Im worried. Will prayer keep my son safe? Im really annoyed bc I know what you expose yourself to is a big deal spiritually. Any special prayer that I can pray over him?

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing affecting you spiritually is your own thoughts about what is happening. The only way the sounds coming from the music can hurt you is if it is so loud that it damages your ear drums. Other than that, the only spiritual harm that can come to you or your child is that which you project onto yourself and him, by your own negative thoughts. The harm is very real, but the source of the harm would be the opposite of what you think it is.

When you stop letting these actions affect you, they will stop happening.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Few get a book published, movie produced, or TV program aired unless it has some Satanic component. Raising children to recognize this can help them with using discernment later in life.

Music has a huge emotional component and what one listens to when young leaves a big imprint for the rest of their lives. You might want to select what you consider to be melodic from the big band era, early rock, classical, etc. and make this available to your children so that they would be less sucked in to some of the more contemporary music. I would suggest "Christian" but some of that can be unhealthy as well (ie. Jesus makes your dreams come true)

Consider parents in first century Corinth. They had to explain the male and female temple prostitutes on every street corner.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Im kind of nervous bc my dad looked up and played devil worship music loudly at 3a to get under my brother's skin bc hes a minister.

However, he took my baby in witb him and had him listening to it telling him to let it in .

Im worried. Will prayer keep my son safe? Im really annoyed bc I know what you expose yourself to is a big deal spiritually. Any special prayer that I can pray over him?

Wait a minute! You're brother is a minister? What kind of ministry is he in?

And which group's music was your dad playing? I'd have to know before I can call it 'satanic.' It might be, but I need more info.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wait a minute! You're brother is a minister? What kind of ministry is he in?

And which group's music was your dad playing? I'd have to know before I can call it 'satanic.' It might be, but I need more info.
No my brother wasnt listening to it. My dad was . He did it to get under my brother's skin.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No my brother wasnt listening to it. My dad was . He did it to get under my brother's skin.

Right. I understand. But what was the name of the band?

And I am wondering what kind of ministry your brother is into?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

First off, how old is your "baby", etc?

Then secondly, how old is your minister brother, etc?

And then lastly, what exactly are you calling "devil music", etc?

As for me, you'll find me listening to my KLOVE music, or my christain music one minute, or for a little while, and then my modern hard rock music the next, etc, in between listening to or studying sermons of course... I also like 70s and 80s music sometimes also, etc.... Oh, and I'm a genX, so 90s music is very popular with me as well, but that's when it started to get into more modern music I think, etc... I favor rock music of all ages though, etc, including some of the more modern stuff, etc...

And it's not "devil music", etc, if anything, your minister brother could probably be a lot better minister, or pastor, or preacher, or counselor, if he actually did listen to some of it, etc...

Because a lot of it is the voices of those who have been affected by this modern day world and culture, or that are being greatly oppressed by the devil, but are not devil possessed, and desperately want to be set free, sometimes and with some of them anyway, or sometimes they are the "cries of this generation" also, etc, sometimes anyway, and at other times they are about other things, etc, but all part of their plight, etc, and many of them desperately want a cure, etc, and you'd know that if you listened to some of them, etc...

Anyway, your brother, or anyone seeking that kind of position, would do very well in knowing them, or at least being aware of them at least, and could probably use it to be a much more effective minister, or pastor, or preacher, or counselor, etc...

I for one, like to know them, etc, as it makes me much better at what I do, or what I try to do, I feel, etc...

I also just like it as well, and that's mainly because of the sheer talent, etc, and I respect all forms of talent, etc, and especially like and favor musical talent, etc, and that crosses all genres and generations, etc, but I do favor rock music a lot, etc...

Anyway, think about it...

Because I personally think some of the very worst pastors/ministers/preachers, etc, are those who have flat out refused to listen to the voices/cries/plight of this generation personally, or if you ask me, and have completely lost touch with them/it, if you ask me, etc...

And some of the best are or have been those who were not afraid to let themselves "go there" at least temporarily, and were not afraid to get down into the trenches with them temporarily, etc, it does very great wonders for one's own perspectives temporarily and in general, etc...

Anyway, what are you calling "devil music"...?

I mean, are they openly worshipping the devil or something...?

Or are they just maybe talking about some things you'd just rather not know, or else rather just not hear about, etc...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,614.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If at all possible, I wouldn't let him have my child. Would asks the Lord for protection for my child, peace for my brother, and to remove the celebration of sin, rebellion of my father and to help remove the blinders from his mind "...for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh, but, yes, "advice", etc...

Well, if your baby is still just quite literally a baby, then they are probably not even going to be affected by it hardly at all, so I think you have very little, to no worries there, etc... they don't even have the comprehsion yet, and also I feel are also protected at that age and stage as well also, etc, so I don't think you have a lot to worry about there, etc...

But if he is a young child, then I feel you should shield him from some things until he has "come of age", or is at an appropriate age for it, etc, like a teenager or something, and then at that point you just need to do your best just to guide and educate him as best you can, etc...

And I'm going to assume you brother is an "adult", etc, and I already gave you my advice for him, etc, or for anyone, who is an "adult", seeking or taking that or those positions, etc...

But, yeah, I think that about covers it...

Oh, and you dad needs to learn to respect your decisions with your son if he is older than a baby and is not yet a teenager yet, or something yet, and if he does not or will not, then not only does your dad have a whole heck of a lot more growing up to do yet, but maybe you and/or your son doesn't need to be around him until your dad does that growing up first, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
If your brother is a minister he should be able to handle it, if he can't then he shouldn't be a minister as to be effective and minister to the lost he will encounter people that have strong satanic influences in their lives, criminals, gang members, etc. I remember when I went to work at a manufacturing job and decided I didn't like to cuss and stuff and refused to talk like everyone else around me cussing and talking about fornication etc and after awhile the average semi decent person didn't mind it and respected it but a few people tried to tease me or shock me with the talk and I didn't budge. The Bible says if we resist evil (satan) he will flee, essentially when people find out that doing all this stuff doesn't upset you after an initial shock you adjust they will either try something else or give up attacking you. I grew up and wasn't really interested in satanic music, that is direct music promoting satanic worship etc. I've never liked music that was explicit (rated R or has an advisory) either or music where people are screaming or just talking a bunch of nonsense and crminal violent acts either. I worked at a job once where I was not allowed to listen to my choice of music or any music at all but I was constantly inundated with mexican music and the latest hop hip trance rap whatever and it at times was irritating especially when I was feeling off some from not being 100% well on a few days from slight colds and excess dust and so on or constant bombardment of very noisy power tools like jackhammers saws and grinders that raise your stress level and if you are in undated all day with them at times it wears you thin. being forced to listen to music that glorifies murdering and raping people and robbing stealing etc for hours at a time while trying to concentrate working all I could do at times Is to pray quietly or silently and think of other things when I didn't need to 100% concentrate on work.

I think that the best thing for your brother to do is the more he is attacked via music.... the nicer he should be towards the attacker. If it gets worse.... go out of your way to be exceedingly excessively nice but don't go holy roller on him or use God's word either let him decide where the niceness comes from countering and destroying the affect on the evil he does. I've found that often people who are invested in an emotional argument for their stance against God logic and countering their argument with the Bible and spiritual based knowledge just inflames things. People that are not totally evil are like a moth drawn to a flame attracted to kindness and love, a moth doesn't know words nor facial gestures it just seeks out the light.

My dad was more of an agnostic growing up but mom went all holy roller and close to nuts about God driving almost everyone including me and my siblings crazy with all her antics and demands and it didn't help her marriage at all either. She wanted to get my dad saved and the harder she tried the more he was turned off by God. Over a few decades she matured in God and stopped going bonkers so to speak and focused on loving others helping, caring, being kind and giving and undemanding and my father decided in his 50s to explore who God was and was saved finally. If you show others that you are a "good" person and leave it up to them as to why you are good then they have to decide if Jesus is a major influencer of your goodness or not.

About 25 years ago I used to debate people who were attacking Christianity vehemently online and God urged me to stop defending him and be kind to people so instead of attacking people I greeted and welcomed them. In all the years I've tried to use my intellect to change people's minds I don't recall anyone that wasn't receptive to God ever mentioning I influenced them in a positive way. I do however remember being told that my kindness caused several people to come back to Christ which to me was something that encouraged me. A man who curses at you and is thirsty may be kinder to you if you offer him a drink of water.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I remember when I was a kid singing along to AC/DC's "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" with my parents in the car and it was on the radio, only that's not what I was singing though, I was singing, "something, something, and the "thunder-chief", and my parents just laughing at me, but I had no idea why until I got older, lol, I was probably 8 or 9 years old, and didn't find out what the real lyrics or meaning to the song was until I was older, and in my teens, etc, but my parents got a good laugh out of it, and me, when I was a kid though, lol...

I share this because I think God protects kids more than we realize sometimes I think, and I think we sometimes forget that sometimes I think, etc...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m sorry you’re experiencing this and will reserve comment until you address your brother’s ministry. But in light of what I know regarding warfare I’m tagging @Carl Emerson.

There are things you can do to protect the child while standing against your father’s behavior and praying for redemption on his behalf.

More details are necessary to advise. I would include your father’s spiritual background and if other incidents along these lines have occurred and how you (both) handled it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Macchiato
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m sorry you’re experiencing this and will reserve comment until you address your brother’s ministry. But in light of what I know regarding warfare I’m tagging @Carl Emerson.

There are things you can do to protect the child while standing against your father’s behavior and praying for redemption on his behalf.

More details are necessary to advise. I would include your father’s spiritual background and if other incidents along these lines have occurred and how you (both) handled it.

Why are people concerned with my brother? Hes a christian. My dad was the one playing the music. That part confuses me.

• Agree
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember when I was a kid singing along to AC/DC's "dirty deeds done dirt cheap" with my parents in the car and it was on the radio, only that's not what I was singing though, I was singing, "something, something, and the "thunder-chief", and my parents just laughing at me, but I had no idea why until I got older, lol, I was probably 8 or 9 years old, and didn't find out what the real lyrics or meaning to the song was until I was older, and in my teens, etc, but my parents got a good laugh out of it, and me, when I was a kid though, lol...

I share this because I think God protects kids more than we realize sometimes I think, and I think we sometimes forget that sometimes I think, etc...

God Bless!

The bolded put my heart at ease. I still feel some way about mt dad.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just keep praying in the Name of our Lord Jesus: 'the Christ of God', that the child will be kept from evil ways, and you keep pointing him to the Savior as he grows up. Do you know the Lord Jesus and trust Him? You might also pray that your father will be awakened to God before it is too late and he dies without eternal salvation (as John 3:16). Let me suggest you read the Gospels, noting such as John 14; John 17; Romans 8, etc. and hear God speaking to you, friend; and make our Lord Jesus your 'best Friend' and talk with Him all day.
I wonder why you continue living in the home, for it may be a poor place to rear your child. Do you have means to live elsewhere, and support your child with care? Are you married? Maybe you cannot afford to move, but if you can get some technical training on-line at home, you could get a baby-sitter while you hold a job. I will pray you find a remedy, for where you are does not seem good. You can write me personally at Conversation Page here on site if you would like to talk further.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why are people concerned with my brother? Hes a christian. My dad was the one playing the music. That part confuses me.

I can’t speak for them. But I’ll address my reasons. You’ve shared a lot about your circumstances with the community. I don’t recall you mentioning your brother is a minister or if the person you referenced in previous posts is him. Instead of assuming I asked.

It helps to know if its a random event or something he’s done before. It may shed light on the things you’ve experienced with your father. And your brother’s response in light of his position and the situation is important. I won’t say he should be your advocate. But given the challenges you’ve endured his voice is helpful. When wrongs occur and we’re silent it continues.

Even if nothing changes; knowing he’s in your corner is priceless.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

That confuses me too. He's a grown man.

Upvote 0