CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I had to go to the E.R today I was in so much pain it knocked the wind out of me when I stood up. I thought I was losing the baby. The baby is fine measuring exactly to his/her due date and has a nice heart beat of 140. So it wasn't the baby.

The problem is....

I have a 10cm cyst on my kidney near my liver and the doctor who diagnosed it after giving me an ultrasound had a look of concern on his face. He said that I NEED (emphasis) to follow up with my primary care doctor in a few days for further review.

I can go back to work and normal activities tomorrow. I need to rest today. So has anyone ever had this and know how it goes? I just wanna know what its like. They said this kind of cyst is more rare but I am not sure what it means to have one.

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have never heard of them, but I read up on liver cysts and it seems like a small surgical procedure might have to be done. One article said 2-3 stitches--- they would remove the whole cyst intact (draining the cyst with a needle would not work).

The doctor might be concerned that the liver cyst is actually a liver cystic tumor, which is probably why he told you to follow up with your doctor. Just to be on the safe side.

I'm sending up prayers for you and your baby. :hug: :pray:

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Upvote 0

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
((((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))), MUCH MUCH LOVE ♥ ♥ MANY PRAYERS and VERY CONCERNED FOR YOU SWEETHEART !!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ :hug: :kiss: :hug:

(sorry for caps lock) :blush:

I had a couple of growths on my liver a while back. They handled it medically vs. surgically - and I had times when my white blood cell count was totally messed up, very low (sent me to the ER).

With you sweetie, it is on your kidney and "close" to the liver. This "could" and I want to emphasize "could" make the removal a bit more difficultasedn the size. It is always best to check this out with your Primary Care/General-Family Practice Physcian, right away. If you do not
have one, or there is an insurance issue - Get Medicaid, and get to a Clinic ASAP !!!! PLEASEEEEE !!!!! ♥

Love you. :hug: :kiss: :hug:

:pray: :crossrc: :pray: -------> :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I had to go to the E.R today I was in so much pain it knocked the wind out of me when I stood up. I thought I was losing the baby. The baby is fine measuring exactly to his/her due date and has a nice heart beat of 140. So it wasn't the baby.

The problem is....

I have a 10cm cyst on my kidney near my liver and the doctor who diagnosed it after giving me an ultrasound had a look of concern on his face. He said that I NEED (emphasis) to follow up with my primary care doctor in a few days for further review.

I can go back to work and normal activities tomorrow. I need to rest today. So has anyone ever had this and know how it goes? I just wanna know what its like. They said this kind of cyst is more rare but I am not sure what it means to have one.

My mother in law had two, it wasn't caner. Some people just get them. When she had cancer, the cysts on the kidney wasn't cancer. My husband had one too, it wasn't cancer either.

Some people just get them. But if need be, they will remove it and that can be major surgery. My husbands was too small to even worry about, the MIL's was huge and she had one removed.

I had no idea you were pregnant- congratulations. :)

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My mother in law had two, it wasn't caner. Some people just get them. When she had cancer, the cysts on the kidney wasn't cancer. My husband had one too, it wasn't cancer either.

Some people just get them. But if need be, they will remove it and that can be major surgery. My husbands was too small to even worry about, the MIL's was huge and she had one removed.

I had no idea you were pregnant- congratulations. :)

Thanks

I don't even suspect cancer. In fact the E.R doctor was concerned but not stating it might even be cancer. My thought was do these get removed or absorbed by the body. Kinda what I was wondering. 10cm might not be too big though. They want to monitor.

But thanks for the input, Benedictaoo.:thumbsup: That helps some.:wave:

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have a 1 inch (1.54 cm) cyst on my left kidney along with an occasional elevated blood pressure that is just slightly above normal.

Since research has shown that these kidney cysts can cause an elevated blood pressure and that statin drugs do not help in these situations, my doctor is okay.

There was one caution: if I or someone were to bump the cyst, it could become infected. Then I would need emergency care. Right now, the doctors are leaving it alone but monitoring it. The doctor is now careful not to hit me in the back as that was part of the physical exam in the past. I am grateful that she no longer hits me. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It doesnt hurt my legs it hurts inside me like my back and stomach lower stomach. The second I stand up or walk/run the pain hits its not severe but bad enough to be noticeable and I think I am going to puke from the pain.

I think that I had an infection in my cyst because there was a two week period immediately after my ultrasound confirmed this cyst where I felt like I was going to die from the pain, so I was bedridden. The ultrasound technician really dug into my left kidney area to get a good picture of this cyst. In the last ultrasound that I had recently in January 2011, I warned the technician about this cyst and she was more gentle, so I had no problems. Praise the Lord.

In the research that I read on kidney cysts, it said that most people have at least one cyst and do not even realize this. They are asymptomatic until they are bumped, bruised, and/or become infected. Note: do not go on any amusement park rides where you might get bumped such as a roller coaster ride.

Upvote 0

CruciFixed

Nov 17, 2008
Akron, Ohio
✟6,816.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think that I had an infection in my cyst because there was a two week period immediately after my ultrasound confirmed this cyst where I felt like I was going to die from the pain, so I was bedridden. The ultrasound technician really dug into my left kidney area to get a good picture of this cyst. In the last ultrasound that I had recently in January 2011, I warned the technician about this cyst and she was more gentle, so I had no problems. Praise the Lord.

In the research that I read on kidney cysts, it said that most people have at least one cyst and do not even realize this. They are asymptomatic until they are bumped, bruised, and/or become infected. Note: do not go on any amusement park rides where you might get bumped such as a roller coaster ride.

SIGH I really wanted to go on a roller coaster not long after the baby maybe in June 2012 if I am not pregnant again.....
Don't these go away???

The ultrasound tech tickled me.

It hurt before the hospital visit that's why I went I thought I was taking blows to the stomach upon standing. I don't understand how a baby can do that. And a cyst i cant imagine that it made me feel that bad. idk. i'm confused oh well.

Upvote 0