USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ass? As in, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's ass? I don't find it vulgar at all. It might be insulting, but that's not cursing.

Proverbs 26:3 is one of my favourites! "A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back."

I think these days, we have become too sensitive. If it's in the bible, how can it be bad? :)

(P.S. It also shows up on CF, so it's definitely not a curse word! ;) )
I too, do not believe in "bad words." Only words that people decide are offensive and then decide to become offended when hearing it.

I choose not to use words others find offensive, for their sake and my own....as I too cannot use them in faith, because of being taught that they are wrong from a child.......even though I find using them lawful.

I believe this thread is only about using bad words....and not the deep or spiritual nature of a true "curse."

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I too, do not believe in "bad words." Only words that people decide are offensive and then decide to become offended when hearing it.

I choose not to use words others find offensive, for their sake and my own....as I too cannot use them in faith, because of being taught that they are wrong from a child.......even though I find using them lawful.

I believe this thread is only about using bad words....and not the deep or spiritual nature of a true "curse."
Probably if everyone were brought up being read the bible, society would make much better decisions on which words are offensive, and which aren't.

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0