Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been a Star Wars fan since I first saw Empire Strikes Back in the theater in 1980. I have enjoyed all of the movies to varying degrees as they came out. Though, I do hold the original trilogy in higher regard than the prequels, and the sequels.

I mostly like the "used" aspect of the original films, which is why I look on the prequels as lesser made as they are a bit too "shiny." The sequels were entertaining, but I can't help but come to the conclusion that they should have just used material that was already available instead of coming up with something new. The first books I started reading of the expanded universe were the Zahn trilogy, which would have made a great film series. It pretty much let Palpatine stay dead, and introduced a truly remarkable villain, Grand Admiral Thrawn. Who they actually did bring into the Rebels cartoon.

JJ Abrams really missed some opportunities and ultimately came up with a product that was much less than what was expected. Of course fans as rabid as science fiction fans are certainly hard to please, but he certainly jumped the shark with this series.

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I go with the previous cannon. Much more variety and larger room for writing stories. The new cannon is too...generic.

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not a phrase I would have used, however, since they really didn't put together a cohesive storyline for the three movies they lent themselves the unfortunate situation of plot holes and bad decisions (the bombers in Last Jedi), that certainly hamstrung the whole effort.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟423,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well and spoiler, supposedly Ray is Emperor Palpatine's daughter in the Rise of Skywalker?! What the ??? I thought the emperor had no kids

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟27,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well and spoiler, supposedly Ray is Emperor Palpatine's daughter in the Rise of Skywalker?! What the ??? I thought the emperor had no kids
He was the emperor. Are you saying to don't think he would have had some things going on on the side while he was senator/chancellor/emperor? It is not too far of a stretch to believe he has a myriad of illegitimate children across the galaxy.

Upvote 0