✟35,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hey, guys.

I have decided to read over the next year Robert Duncan Culver's Systematic Theology: Biblical and Historical. I am about 70 pages in (which, in normal book pages, is about 140), and I am really enjoying the read.

Does anyone else have experience with Culver? His ST is one of the newest on the market. I would love to hear thoughts, opinions, cautions (I think he is moderately dispensational), or what have you.

My experience so far with him is that he is straight-forward, unyielding in his convictions, fair in his preferences, accurate in representation of other views, and super clear in his writing.

Reactions: JM

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hey, guys.

I have decided to read over the next year Robert Duncan Culver's Systematic Theology: Biblical and Historical. I am about 70 pages in (which, in normal book pages, is about 140), and I am really enjoying the read.

Does anyone else have experience with Culver? His ST is one of the newest on the market. I would love to hear thoughts, opinions, cautions (I think he is moderately dispensational), or what have you.

My experience so far with him is that he is straight-forward, unyielding in his convictions, fair in his preferences, accurate in representation of other views, and super clear in his writing.
Never heard of it or him. Let me know when you finish it and give a review. I may have to order it.

Upvote 0

AMR

Presbyterian (PCA) - Bona Fide Reformed
Jun 19, 2009
Chandler, Arizona
Visit site
✟211,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May not be everyone's cup of tea, but it is the largest systematic in one volume and ten-point font available. While not Reformed in all its content, Culver's massive work, published when he was in his late eighties, is worth adding to one's library. It is a treat to read, no matter how much you may disagree with some of his views.

Loved the way he would talk to himself laying out why or why not of this or that subject in this mammoth work. His traducianism always challenged me. He went on to be with the Lord on February 7, 2015, at the age of 98.

While I have your attention, a completely different matter folks might review:
What is your interest for a new CF Christian Community forum for mainline Presbyterianism? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0