Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Latreia said:
Hits from Web Search:

Daily Kos: State of the Nation Daily weblog with political analysis on US current events from a liberal perspective. www.dailykos.com/ [Found on Google, Ask Jeeves, Yahoo!]

Daily Kos: Political analysis and other daily rants on the state ... Political analysis and other daily rants on the state of the nation http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daily_Kos

umm, what is the point in this? All it does is show me he runs a liberal blog and is an army vet. I could have figured out that he runs a liberal blog all by myself, thanks, and him being an army vet gives him more credibility than most.

So, he attended Northern and wrote for the Star. Well, I attend Northern, and it is considered a fairly reputable local newspaper. Dennis Hastert attended Northern, too, so I don't get why that was brought up.

He also got a law degree from Boston. Again, that just gives him more credibility. Now, he's intelligent enough to graduate law school AND he's a veteran.

I clicked on the "slightly different sentiments" link... the one where people were wondering if he would say those things to the faces of the victims. Here's what that link says:

I get to work this morning, look at the front page of the Baltimore Sun, and I see dead people. They don't look like Bruce Willis. Instead I'm looking at a full color picture with two charred unrecoganizable dismembered corpses hanging from a bridge.
Now I'm not squeamish about the realities of war. But I find this over the line. I assume the logic is that because they were "civilians" or "contractors" it's ok...it's not like they are soldiers. except these are soldiers. they may be a private army, but they are fighting the same war. they may get paid better but they face the same dangers. they may have volunteered, but they're still americans. Ultimatly this is someone's family... I wouldn't want to see my family member displayed like this. While I think that the majority of America is too sheltered from the harsh realities, I think the front page of the paper isn't the proper place for this graphic a photo. Does anyone else's paper have this on the front cover?

Hopefully this tragedy sheds light on the fact that private military forces are the second largest group in the "coalition of the willing"

I don't see what's so wrong with that. Care to help me out on that one?

"Daily Kos" loses an advertiser:

So, an advertiser didn't agree with what he wrote and pulled their ad. What's your point? That kind of thing happens all the time. It's called a difference in opinion and beliefs.

Thanks for all that information on Kos, though. You have helped to raise his credibility for me.

Upvote 0

flautist

Little Princess
Jul 2, 2005
✟8,599.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Latreia said:
What is this guy really up to?

http://www.personaldemocracy.com/node/72

...At the same time, there is fear, frustration, and even anger about how Kos goes about his business. And while what Kos has done is certainly impressive, it’s fair to ask whether he really represents a move from ego-centric politics to net-centric politics.

Okay, so ask. I don't see the point in this, either. What discredits him so much about this? All people are worried about is that his chosen means of getting his information out to the public is making people more net-centered in their politics. Sure, that's a good question. But how does this discredit him? If anything, we should be asking this question of our news stations, who for a portion of their reports have people sitting at a computer and reading from the blogs.

Upvote 0

flautist

Little Princess
Jul 2, 2005
✟8,599.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
Ellethidhren said:
I find the sympathy for the terrorists and their families pathetic. Why not stand out in the public square and PROTEST TERRORISM? Show pictures of people jumping out of the World Trade Center to their deaths. Show the photos of the terrorist beheadings. Show the photos of the dead blown up in London subways and buses.
Why aren't you PROTESTING the mosque leaders preaching Jihad on Americans?

And what does any of this have to do with Iraq? There 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9-11 were from Saudi Arabia. The rest were From Egypt and Afghanistan. Note: NONE were from Iraq. As for the terrorist beheadings, would those have even happened if we hadn't gone and waged war on their country? That doesn't excuse them at all, they were horrific crimes against humanity, but does that make it right to film prison guards raping boys and women? The London bombings might not even have been Al Queada. They're really not sure yet. It could have been the Irish Republican Army.

I DON'T GET IT!!! Bush is fighting back and all people want to do is walk around with signs telling people to forget fighting terrorism and send the troops home?

Bush is not fighting anyone who has harmed us. At least, they hadn't harmed us until we blew up their capital and killed 25,000 of their innocent civilians. If we were truely fighting terrorism, I still wouldn't agree with the war (I'm a pacifist) but I certainly wouldn't be criticising it this much.

With that mentality we will NEED the troops home because when terrorism comes to a neighborhood near you because it was not crippled at it's sources, you'll be under martial law with those same soldiers blowing up the terrorists right in front of your homes.

So, if we leave Iraq, they will somehow magically organize and come attack us? Sure, makes sense, considering they can't even organize their own country, and they didn't care about us until we tried to do it for them.

What ever happened to Christian love? Didn't Jesus teach us to love our enemies? These children aren't even our enemies. They just happened to be born to a family that was picked up at random, like the majority of Abu Ghraib and Gitmo detainees were. Many of them didn't even commit crimes, or if they did, they were minor ones. Very few of those detainees are actually terrorists.

As Christians, we should not be so full of hate for people that we don't even know and haven't even met. Aren't we called to minister to those who persecute us? Turn the other cheek? Be a light of Christ's love in the world? Would Christ not feel sympathy for "the terrorists?"

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
nihil dicit said:
False. The ACLU supports freedom of speech. Nor does it "support" the KKK or Fred Phelps.

But what this has to do with the OP is anyone's guess.

She's just frustrated and trying to spin Bush's lies back on the anti-Bush crowd.

Upvote 0

Smoke Screen

America Can Do Better!
Jul 10, 2005
Near Seattle
✟10,227.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Latreia said:
And from investigative reporter Seymour Hersh: And who is this guy? Link at http://dailykos.com/story/2005/7/22/20220/6952 on his name takes you to:

http://radio.weblogs.com/0107946/2004/07/14.html#a1922 another BLOG site

EdCone.com home
ACC Hoops Blog
Greensboro 101 local blog directory
TriadBlogs directory
GSO Live local blog directory

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

**Note: The ACLU supports NAMBLA {North American Man/Boy Love Association}

http://www.nostatusquo.com/ACLU/Rage/NAMBLARAGEPAGE.html

ACLU to Defend Pedophile Group Associated Press
Aug.31.2000

CF FORUM RULES BAN LINKS TO THIS PAGE:

In a separate article:

I bet your White House buddy, Jeff Gannon/Guckert support NAMBLA as well. What does this have to do with the OP? Oh yeah, a diversion to take away the feelings posted by people who oppose the war in Iraq. Sorry, I won't let you do that!

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is what I don't understand; why can't we fight terroism which everyone knows we have to do and be honerable while we do it. Why do people want to look the other way when we are doing things we shouldn't. I don't have any sympathy for terrorists and nor will I make excuses or turn a blind eye to our own acts of human degradation.

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmm . . . .

The OP seems to be a denunciation of the tactics of using rape and torture. Responses seem to not be directed at that, but rather at attacking sources of information.

Considering what we all have seen, the facts are not really in dispute, I fear.

The question I put to the body is, "Are we proud when our agents rape and beat and kill others? Are we?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John_Q_Public

Jul 21, 2005
✟15,176.00
Faith
Agnostic
Our borders stand open to the world, with roughly a million illegal immigrants entering per year, and you're worried about a few soldiers in Iraq?

Yeah, I'm so sure we're just a-rapin' and a-pillagin' over there cause, that's what we're about.

Muslims like gang-raping non-Muslim (mostly white) girls in western countries...do you weep about that?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2005/07/23/npoll23big.gif

Upvote 0

PACKY

Contributor
Dec 24, 2004
✟24,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CaDan said:
Hmm . . . .

The OP seems to be a denunciation of the tactics of using rape and torture. Responses seem to not be directed at that, but rather at attacking sources of information.

Considering what we all have seen, the facts are not really in dispute, I fear.

The question I put to the body is, "Are we proud when our agents rape and beat and kill others? Are we?"

One would assume that a US service person is the extension of the US and her people, as well as a extensionof her freedoms and philosophy of every man woman and child having the right to "life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness"..if it is found out that ANY of OUR service people have commiited these crimes they need to be punished to the fullest extent of the law ina public trial....This is Ridiculous..we supposedly invaded anothercountry to spread freedom...come on now...

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
John_Q_Public said:
Our borders stand open to the world, with roughly a million illegal immigrants entering per year, and you're worried about a few soldiers in Iraq?

Yeah, I'm so sure we're just a-rapin' and a-pillagin' over there cause, that's what we're about.

Muslims like gang-raping non-Muslim (mostly white) girls in western countries...do you weep about that?

Ahh not that I put much stock in the Muslims like raping white girls thing but if they weren't white would you care?

The things people post, it never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I feel that there are a lot of vengeful and dark-hearted people on this site.

"Christian" Forums? Uh-huh.

So many people here get blinded by their hatred for other groups of people.

Anyway, before I get railroaded... I don't support terrorism, I don't like terrorists... but if this stuff is true (the above-mentioned links discussing rape and sodomy of prisoners), then doesn't everyone think that the U.S. should be "above" that kind of stuff and set an example?

Reactions: k9catts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

John_Q_Public

Jul 21, 2005
✟15,176.00
Faith
Agnostic
Ahh not that I put much stock in the Muslims like raping white girls thing but if they weren't white would you care?

The things people post, it never ceases to amaze me.
They seem to have a propensity for it, yes. I suppose all the stories I've read in the mainstream press were just motivated by the leftist hatred of Muslims though.

I'm afraid I don't follow the relevance of either the portion I have quoted above or the poll from the Daily Telegraph you posted. Would you care to explain?
What does relevance have to do with it? It's a simple question, it needn't provide a unified theory of everything.

As for the poll, its a poll of Muslims in Britain on terrorism. It's relevant because the west is currently in a war with Islam in case you hadn't noticed.

I feel that there are a lot of vengeful and dark-hearted people on this site.
When there's a war on, I'll take vengeance and dark hearts over kumbayah and turn the other cheek, any old day. Hell, I'll take "an eye for an eye" over that stuff.
"Christian" Forums? Uh-huh.
I'm not a Christian. Maybe if the church returns to sanity one day I'll change that.
So many people here get blinded by their hatred for other groups of people.
So many people get stuck in their abstract ideological traps.

Hatred for people who bomb you is a virtue.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
John_Q_Public said:

They seem to have a propensity for it, yes. I suppose all the stories I've read in the mainstream press were just motivated by the leftist hatred of Muslims though.

What does relevance have to do with it? It's a simple question, it needn't provide a unified theory of everything.

As for the poll, its a poll of Muslims in Britain on terrorism. It's relevant because the west is currently in a war with Islam in case you hadn't noticed.

When there's a war on, I'll take vengeance and dark hearts over kumbayah and turn the other cheek, any old day. Hell, I'll take "an eye for an eye" over that stuff.

I'm not a Christian. Maybe if the church returns to sanity one day I'll change that.

So many people get stuck in their abstract ideological traps.

Hatred for people who bomb you is a virtue.
This is for you...

chillpill.jpg

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John_Q_Public said:

I'm trying to get at your reason for posting this. I'm trying to give you of a chance to explain what appears on its face to be a simple racist canard.

John_Q_Public said:

When was there a declaration of war by "the West" against "Islam"?

I fear from the remainder of your post that you have conflated "war" with "crazy homicidal violence, rape, and torture".

Upvote 0

flautist

Little Princess
Jul 2, 2005
✟8,599.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Green
John_Q_Public said:

While I fail to see what this has to do with t=my post, yes, I do weep for them. I also weep for the black and latino women here who are raped by our racist men. I weep for children everywhere who suffer violence at the hands of those they should be able to trust, whether that be Iraqi children at the hands of US soldiers or US children at the hands of their own parents.

However, those things have little to do with politics. This does. That's why I posted it, and I would appreciate staying on topic, please.

Upvote 0

starchild

Even the least of these my brethren.
Oct 19, 2004
✟18,246.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Democrat
Ellethidhren said:
I find the sympathy for the terrorists and their families pathetic. Why not stand out in the public square and PROTEST TERRORISM? Show pictures of people jumping out of the World Trade Center to their deaths. Show the photos of the terrorist beheadings. Show the photos of the dead blown up in London subways and buses.
Why aren't you PROTESTING the mosque leaders preaching Jihad on Americans?

I DON'T GET IT!!! Bush is fighting back and all people want to do is walk around with signs telling people to forget fighting terrorism and send the troops home?

With that mentality we will NEED the troops home because when terrorism comes to a neighborhood near you because it was not crippled at it's sources, you'll be under martial law with those same soldiers blowing up the terrorists right in front of your homes.

Of course, the people we are worried about are not terrorists. Many were innocent - most innocent of any acts against any US citizens. Most were in Abu Ghraib for Iraqi-Iraqi offenses. The detainees included children.

And they were under the detention/protection of US Service People. Which should mean being detained with honor and dignity - even if they had been terrorists.

With the mentality that everyone in Abu Ghraib was a terrorist, we get...

What we got.

And it will only get worse, as the administration is forced to stop censoring the truth.

Upvote 0