Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I just saw the movie Inception with my family, I realized what it was but I kept watching it. I had lots of bad thoughts of condemning people and these thoughts about vowing bad things and blaspheming God. I am afraid of not having true faith and being saved, and I would like to ask for prayers that I will have faith and that I will be saved, maybe for peace if that is what anyone is led to ask for.

:heart: Praying, DG (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DeerGlow, I mentioned that Satan is afoot these days basically, extra active. He sends projections to us every day of the week and we can easily get to questioning our faith. Don't go on what you feel but what you know to be true.
Amen, amen, amen, to this. May God guide you in focusing on His Word of Truth and give you understanding of His ways that you might defeat the attacks of the enemy against you.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'll pray for you that you have a revelation from God that strengthens your faith.. You realize that you have to do your part too right ? Do some bible reading and earnest praying for the help of the Holy Spirit in your life. Get away from secular thinking and trying to live with one foot in the world and one in the Spirit ? Meanwhile try a different movie, an older one about The Apostle John, the setting is 90ad and it's about his captivity and instructions to write the book of Revelation. It's entitled The Apocalypse . If you're going to watch a movie at least watch something Christian inspired, even if Hollywood is involved in the production of it. Here it is anyway:
How can I pray more earnestly? And productively read scripture?

I just read a bit of an old thread of mine and it made me scared again. I fear condemnation.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
How can I pray more earnestly? And productively read scripture?

I just read a bit of an old thread of mine and it made me scared again. I fear condemnation.

:heart: Praying DG (((hug)))

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
:heart: Do you believe that God is Who He says He is, and that He is ABLE to do as He promises?
I want to have strong faith but I second-guess myself a lot, like worrying that my faith is not genuine enough or deep enough. Or worrying that I cannot repent right or this fear that I am too hard hearted/committed sins that will not be forgiven.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I want to have strong faith but I second-guess myself a lot, like worrying that my faith is not genuine enough or deep enough. Or worrying that I cannot repent right or this fear that I am too hard hearted/committed sins that will not be forgiven.

:heart: Ask God to help you to focus on HIM, little by little by little. When those thoughts come, take them to HIM. Tell Him how distressing they are and that you want HIM to put HIS thoughts in your mind and heart, and that you trust Him to do this. Then say to Him just as that man did, that you BELIEVE, and to help your UNBELIEF. Ask Him to make your heart as His, and to grant you what you need to hold real tight to Him, no matter what.

Then delve into whatever verses minister to you. Do this, regardless of your feelings.

Praying, DG (((hug)))

• Optimistic
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
:heart: Ask God to help you to focus on HIM, little by little by little. When those thoughts come, take them to HIM. Tell Him how distressing they are and that you want HIM to put HIS thoughts in your mind and heart, and that you trust Him to do this. Then say to Him just as that man did, that you BELIEVE, and to help your UNBELIEF. Ask Him to make your heart as His, and to grant you what you need to hold real tight to Him, no matter what.

Then delve into whatever verses minister to you. Do this, regardless of your feelings.

Praying, DG (((hug)))
I am worried about judgement, please pray for salvation and faith. :hug: Thank you for all of the support too.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am worried about judgement, please pray for salvation and faith. :hug: Thank you for all of the support too.

:heart: Praying, DG. Take ALL of your worries to God. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
With preaching on religion verses being born again, I thought about being hard hearted and being so anxious about and afraid to evangelize. I don’t know what to tell people. I felt faithless and didn’t take communion but it upset me greatly to feel unworthy and condemned and unbelieving. Please pray.
Christ did not come into the world so that you should walk in self-condemnation. He came into the world so that you could walk in the liberty that the work of the cross has afforded you (Matthew 11:28).

Does a small tree fret as you do as to how it can prosper and grow up to fulfill God's plan for it? Does it not just rest in those provisions outside itself that God has provided? Does it not prosper outside of its own efforts?

Mat 13:31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field:
Mat 13:32 Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.

Simply ask the Lord to bring those people across your path to whom you can witness. Do not fret as to what to say to them. Just pray for what to speak. Only a few word can change someone's course in life. God will answer your prayer and actually make it easy for you to witness, for it is He that does the work. His good works overtake us if we take this approach. Stop reaching through works to find acceptance with your maker. Did you do so with your parents? No? well, then learn from that.

Has not God Almighty ordained a way for a child to abide in the love and provision of the parents outside of the child's personal efforts to do well? Seek to understand these verses:

Psa 8:2 Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger

Mat 21:16 And said unto him, Hearest thou what these say? And Jesus saith unto them, Yea; have ye never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise?

Also, I think you need to get under some good discipleship if you have not done so already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
My prayers don’t feel like prayers and I feel faithless and scared. I feel somewhat ashamed/rejected because of my fear and because I did not take communion.
That is actually all the more reason to take Communion. The communion was instituted to remind you of the Truth of what your Maker has done for you on the Cross and what He will do for you. Have you rejected God Almighty? No? well, then you are not part of that category of persons who "drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily" (1 Corinthians 11:27).

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I didn’t want to go back to sleep (it’s about 4:23am) and I have had a bunch of thoughts about the beast. It’s bothering me, and I just read this thread which scares me because I feel like I have wilfully sinned, and sinned too much or too easily give in. Please pray for my salvation, I am really afraid of condemnation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums