Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
With preaching on religion verses being born again, I thought about being hard hearted and being so anxious about and afraid to evangelize. I don’t know what to tell people. I felt faithless and didn’t take communion but it upset me greatly to feel unworthy and condemned and unbelieving. Please pray.

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
With preaching on religion verses being born again, I thought about being hard hearted and being so anxious about and afraid to evangelize. I don’t know what to tell people. I felt faithless and didn’t take communion but it upset me greatly to feel unworthy and condemned and unbelieving. Please pray.
I still pray for you each morning, Deer Glow...

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Oh my, DeerGlow. Unworthiness doesn't apply to you. Most people are anxious about evangelizing. You are fine, better than fine actually.
That’s not entirely why I mentioned unworthiness. Sometimes I feel so hard hearted and unbelieving, hearing things like Christians who are born again should (not immediately maybe but still) love God, love others more, sin less. I feel like I don’t try enough to stop bad thoughts and that and unbelieving thoughts point me to being condemned. I don’t know sometimes am I saved or just religious. It’s very upsetting.

Upvote 0

macek

Apr 21, 2017
Ljubljana
✟65,547.00
Country
Slovenia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes i feel the same way, with my emotions swinging to both extremes. And in those times when i am down it gets to the very core of my walk with Christ. There are times that i doubt and i doubt about my salvation and my worthiness most of all. There are times that the only thing i can hold on is His promise that He will never leave and forsake us and having faith in that in those times means everything to me, that little mustard seed. Crying out to Him helps, in those dark moments with what faith i have i cry out to Him to help me, to take hold of me. For where else can we turn to, who else but Him can save us and be there for us and love us as He does.

Will pray for both of us sister, God bless.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We live in time of increased deception from the devil IMO. In the last year I've been under attack myself periodically, it can shake your faith. You have to trust in the Lord and stay in extra close contact with Him. Ask to see things through the eyes of the Holy Spirit and outright tell Satan to get lost.. Satan will ruin your entire walk if you let him gain the least ground.

We all need to pray together in these times to bolster each other up through the blood of the Lamb because He has overcome it all.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, help us all understand our unworthiness, but that if saved, in Christ, we are sooo forgiven of that which would keep us out of heaven. Thank You for our Lord Jesus, who saves so completely, and holds so securely. Thank You for supplying power to do all that You ask us to do, and that You do all the rest. May the world, the flesh, and the devil, neither rob us or deceive us of the wonderful truths You have give us of us in Your Word. May they not separate us from spending time with You in Your Word, and may You work in us to give victory over them for our own benefit, the benefit of others, and for Your pleasure and glory. Amen.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My prayers don’t feel like prayers and I feel faithless and scared. I feel somewhat ashamed/rejected because of my fear and because I did not take communion.

I've been there too. I have an anxiety disorder and suffer occasional panic attacks (especially in certain situations).

I am on medication, and thankfully it helped with the middle of the night, out of nowhere panic attacks, but I still deal with a certain amount of it, which has become somewhat worse since I moved from Canada to the U.S. a few years ago.

Anyway, long story short, going up for Communion is one of the situations in which I have experienced panic attacks, in front of everyone, so that my legs would shake badly and I couldn't walk very well. There have been times I have avoided going up for Communion because of this, and oh how I have felt so hopeless, and as you said, "faithless", because I had let my fear get the best of me. How I told myself I had failed God and how I cried and begged Him to forgive me.

I cling to the Scriptures that tell us there is no longer any condemnation for those in Christ, and that even when we are "faithless", He abides faithful, and cannot deny Himself.

See, our "flesh" (which wars against the Spirit) will fail. The "inner man, the new creation we are in Christ, as born again believers who have passed from death to life, is entirely without sin, because we have Christ's righteousness.

And He will never leave us or forsake us.

Prayers, and God bless you DeerGlow.

• Optimistic
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My prayers don’t feel like prayers and I feel faithless and scared. I feel somewhat ashamed/rejected because of my fear and because I did not take communion.

This verse helps me tremendously. Deer Glow I am praying for you... believe me, I understand. I am so praying for you!!

All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day."
John 6:37‭-‬40 ESV

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I woke up early, I feel so faithless and unbelieving. I am afraid that I am condemned, that I may not be saved because of my unbelief. Please pray for my faith and salvation I feel like my prayers are so cold I don’t know what to do.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I woke up early, I feel so faithless and unbelieving. I am afraid that I am condemned, that I may not be saved because of my unbelief. Please pray for my faith and salvation I feel like my prayers are so cold I don’t know what to do.

:heart: It isn't your "prayers" that are what matters, but the God to Whom those prayers are directed. Our "feelings" fluctuate. And the enemy "knows" this. he knows that we are, many times "conflicted" and he plays that tendency like a fiddle. Clarity is a good thing. Ask God to supersede any of what you are struggling with. One of the most profound prayers ever uttered is recorded regarding the man who honestly said to Jesus "Lord i believe, help my unbelief".

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." ~Mark 9:24

Praying, DG (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
DeerGlow, I mentioned that Satan is afoot these days basically, extra active. He sends projections to us every day of the week and we can easily get to questioning our faith. Don't go on what you feel but what you know to be true. I can only give myself and my experiences as an example. I know I came to Jesus in my bedroom in 1979 and I know for a fact that it changed my life in ways I didn't even expect, too many ways to list here. Yet still doubt creeps in and I have to do battle with that doubt . Doubt: did I really get saved in 1979 ? Is Jesus really the answer, is there something to other religious systems ? And the list goes on. But note, I have never had these doubts till this very season in my life and the bible says in the end times the spirit that is let loose would even deceive the saints if that were possible, this is why I say Satan is highly active right now and he finds any weak crack in your spiritual walk to shove his foot in the door. Here is the big thing though, Satan is defeated, the truth is in the Word and it says He/Satan was defeated at the cross and resurrection . This is a truth, not a feeling but written evidence. Jesus did save me, the proof is I'm living a changed man from what I once was, Something I did not produce in myself. Satan loses that battle as soon as I reason with this fact and tell Satan to go away. Truth: the Holy Spirit is real and proof is to pray to Him and have Him show you things, to reveal things to you in the Word and in your heart and mind. Satan would have you doubt yourself, don't fall prey to him, use the trinity to overcome his projections into your life and spiritual walk. Satan wants us ineffective, he already lost us who came to Jesus in our lives, he can't have us in hell but he can raise hell in our spiritual walk if we let him. Don't let him ! And don't think with a sunken heart, learn the truths and know them, think with your mind. In time it will be realized in your heart too.

All of the above is predicated on if you came to Jesus and asked Him into your life, be that 6 months ago or years ago. He is just to never leave us or forsake us, us includes you DeerGlow. And if you never did that then I would encourage you to do it today. If you have done that, the Holy Spirit is available to you for your spiritual education and edification or realization.

Christianity is under serious attack today, it's in the air, literally.

Upvote 0

JesusIsLord_

Oct 31, 2017
✟19,210.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always remember you on my prayers for people :)

Don't feel alone, we have the Lord on our side.

Just wait and know that the Lord is faithful to accomplish what He has promised. Praised be the Lord Jesus forever. Amen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeerGlow

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just saw the movie Inception with my family, I realized what it was but I kept watching it. I had lots of bad thoughts of condemning people and these thoughts about vowing bad things and blaspheming God. I am afraid of not having true faith and being saved, and I would like to ask for prayers that I will have faith and that I will be saved, maybe for peace if that is what anyone is led to ask for.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'll pray for you that you have a revelation from God that strengthens your faith.. You realize that you have to do your part too right ? Do some bible reading and earnest praying for the help of the Holy Spirit in your life. Get away from secular thinking and trying to live with one foot in the world and one in the Spirit ? Meanwhile try a different movie, an older one about The Apostle John, the setting is 90ad and it's about his captivity and instructions to write the book of Revelation. It's entitled The Apocalypse . If you're going to watch a movie at least watch something Christian inspired, even if Hollywood is involved in the production of it. Here it is anyway:

Last edited:
Upvote 0