Crucifying The New Age Idea of Self-Love...

Mar 2, 2022
Vancouver
✟15,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly,

at this point in our day and generation, it is so fair to say that the concept of information overload is definitely upon us and not necessarily for the better of humanity and history.

I fell victim to a lot of the things that new age theology and spirituality consists of because of all the information that has been thrown around on the internet and at the same time, I thought I was doing nothing wrong. I could sit here and talk about my short walk so far with Christ and how he's shifted me through MOST of the deceptions that I was walking in but I'm just going to recommend these two books that I recently read as an Audiobook (only because it was my free option ahaha) that SERIOUSLY impacted the way I view my personal 'spiritual growth' as a believer.
- Passport to Heaven BY: MICAH WILDER
- You're Not Enough and That's Okay BY: ALLIE BETH STUCKEY

Passport to Heaven Snippet:
A flurry of emotions. I want to weep, I want to laugh, I want to whoop in joy, I want to bury my head in grief for thousands more who are still lost. Not only does Micah showcase the transforming power of the true Gospel as revealed in the Bible, but he also expresses such a depth of love and gentleness that is characteristic of Jesus himself and highlights its importance above all else.

You're Not Enough...Snippet:
This book teaches how we don't have to be it all ourselves. We are human beings and that is ok. God is sufficient enough to fill in the blanks for us and in that we are full. This book is also such a great way to answer the new age teachings that we are full in our own abilities when anyone who honestly asks if they are will find that to some extent, you will never find yourself satisfied with new age theology.

I love to read, so let me know any book suggestions that you have and please respond to this thread after you gave one or both of those books aa read and let me know how it impacted your life!

Mar 2, 2022
Vancouver
✟15,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The religion of hell is self idolatry
WOW!

It's so amazing how God works, because just reading your response seriously made something click within me again about the fall of Lucifer and as you said, understanding that the religion of hell is self idolatry!! Well said my friend!

Lucifer became full of pride and started to worship himself which led to him becoming eager to be above God because he came to the belief that he was better than The One whom created him, through a series of self idolatry... wow Amen!

• Agree
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
at this point in our day and generation, it is so fair to say that the concept of information overload is definitely upon us and not necessarily for the better of humanity and history.

I fell victim to a lot of the things that new age theology and spirituality consists of because of all the information that has been thrown around on the internet and at the same time, I thought I was doing nothing wrong.

The wisdom of discernment, the ability to see that such a topic is not profitable for a Christian or is contaray to scripture.

Stick to christian web sites and blogs, try challenging sites like reasonablefaith or wintery knight and as you love to read, read the bible and a commentary on it.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2022
Vancouver
✟15,492.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
read the bible
Thank you for your response!!

I think reading the Bible doesn't stop in your walk with Jesus on this Earth......I felt like I needed to say this because it seems like you are under the impression that Bible reading isn't apart of my daily/lifestyle routine because it is..and it should be like that for everyone.

With that said, supplementing other strong authors and learning through other peoples experiences through books, I believe is almost just as important as your never ending study of the Bible. Reading other peoples stories and testimonies in our day and age is merely like reading passages from great Prophets and Leaders in the olden Biblical days...just without the great wonders that God did through folks back then (although HE IS STILL WORKING MIRACLES ON A DAILY TODAY) we are granted with an opportunity to learn what today-century folks are battling with, and how they're walk with Christ has grown in such a far gone society. I think I've learned a lot of life lessons through reading other peoples mistakes, and understanding how God brought them through breakthrough after breakthrough and salvation through their book.

Shalom

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reading other peoples stories and testimonies in our day and age is merely like reading passages from great Prophets and Leaders in the olden Biblical days..

If they are Christian or the story is being told by Christian, then yes.
There is little spiritual knowlwdge to be learnt from nonchristians.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved one, check these books written by evangelical sisterhood of Mary. Sister Basilea Schlink and Martyria and their spiritual daughters’ faith made strong impression in my life. I recommend you to read. Their books are not expensive but the wealth of spiritual experiences they share invaluable.
They always ask kindly what price you would like to set, for they always quote minimal.
Book – Soft Cover – Canaan in the Desert

If you would like to know a gist of who they are, what they believe and what they have shared— what their YouTube channel.

Check out for more video from sister Basilea Schlink on YouTube.

May God’s grace and peace be with you.
To God the Father be thanksgiving through Christ. Amen

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I love to read, so let me know any book suggestions that you have and please respond to this thread after you gave one or both of those books aa read and let me know how it impacted your life!

I have read a great many texts on Christian living over the fifty years I've been a born-again believer, but the one that stands above them all (but under the Bible, of course) is "The Green Letters," by Miles J. Stanford. The book is actually a compilation of letters written to a new believer, advising him on how best to walk with God and live the crucified, transformed life the Bible describes. It is very...meaty. But rich with vital spiritual truth. I HIGHLY recommend this book.

Upvote 0