Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone here enjoy crossword puzzles? I've been working on a book of 300, the Mega Crossword Puzzle Book #18 from Simon & Schuster. I've made it to puzzle number 219. I think they're getting harder as I go along. Thankfully my husband fills in a word or two I can't come up with after I go to bed at night, so the next evening I can get back on track. ;)

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I used to do jigsaw puzzles with my husband. After a couple of years he said his back was hurting too much. I kept doing them anyway. He always went to bed early and I'm a night owl. He'd say "Leave some pieces and I'll finish it in the morning." That was okay for awhile, but I could hardly resist not finishing it. So I started finishing it. Then I'd remove about seven pieces and the puzzle was all done in the morning. LOL. I never told him my little secret.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I used to do jigsaw puzzles with my husband. After a couple of years he said his back was hurting too much. I kept doing them anyway. He always went to bed early and I'm a night owl. He'd say "Leave some pieces and I'll finish it in the morning." That was okay for awhile, but I could hardly resist not finishing it. So I started finishing it. Then I'd remove about seven pieces and the puzzle was all done in the morning. LOL. I never told him my little secret.

Ha! That's sweet.

I love jigsaw puzzles, too. The more pieces the better, as long as it fits on a card table. But they've gotten so expensive! I pick one up at a thrift shop every so often. There's a fellow who sells them for a couple dollars, basically brand new, probably worked once, and I've had good luck with no missing pieces.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I enjoy both. Crosswords I usually do in magazines which I pick up. I tend not to bother with them in the daytime but I sometimes think I'll just do a few more clues before I go to bed. Jigsaws I'll either do at Christmas, or other holiday times, or when I'm mentally stressed - somehow it relieved the mental pressure of what I had been working on.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone here enjoy crossword puzzles? I've been working on a book of 300, the Mega Crossword Puzzle Book #18 from Simon & Schuster. I've made it to puzzle number 219. I think they're getting harder as I go along. Thankfully my husband fills in a word or two I can't come up with after I go to bed at night, so the next evening I can get back on track. ;)
I have an app that I use. It helps with my ADHD. :)

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have an app that I use. It helps with my ADHD. :)
That's cool. I like to have the crossword book in my hands. ;) There is an online site to do free jigsaw puzzles that I use. I think it helps keep my brain active.

Upvote 0