nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Do you have any crooked police in your area? We recently had a tazering at Vancouver International Airport by four police officers that resulted in the death of an immigrant and the police offices got away with murder.

In another case an RCMP officer was video taped kicking a man in the face who was lying face down on the ground.

Any one have any stories to share?

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
We recently had a tazering at Vancouver International Airport by four police officers that resulted in the death of an immigrant and the police offices got away with murder.

what they call "qualified immunity" is pretty common here in the US. What would get a mere commoner a manslaughter charge at the least will result in a "whoopsie daisy" and a department spokesman waiting a couple days to announce that "all procedures were followed" when it's a Badged One involved.

Upvote 0

Saleena

A whole new rage.
Aug 12, 2013
✟6,121.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nah all the police in my area are somewhat symmetrical.

oh-you-93067263235.jpeg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maka

Dec 4, 2012
✟21,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm thankful for the ones who aren't crooked, there's a lot more of them. They put their lives on the line everyday to protect us. My dad said he wanted to be a police officer when he was younger, I'm kind of happy he didn't. Although he would of made a good one because he's kind and honest.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I wen to a place for college that has a serious problem with police corruption

I view police as a kind of necessary evil
they get power over average citizens and they get good retirement benefits and many of them will do nothing more important then work speed traps to build up revenue for small towns
yes, some of them will do heroic things and save the lives of innocents or track down murderers, but then some of them will take bribes or abuse the power they have or look the other way when it is a cop who is breaking the law.

Upvote 0