toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a neurological condition. I've only had one girlfriend in my life but we aren't together now. I am losing my acceptance of Christianity and having faith in God. I believe he's there, but I'm finding his plan harder to accept. I guess when I learned that Jesus said in Heaven we will not have anymore families or marriages, it was a breaking point where I can no longer accept God in my life, or at least struggle. I feel like I don't want to accept God anymore, yet I still want to talk to him sometimes. I can't accept an eternity of celibacy, no matter what or no matter how good it otherwise looks. It's a big deal breaker. I think maybe God does hate all sex after all. I can't deal with the thought of not having a fleshy lustful drive. I just can't.

I feel like an eternal paradise without relationships or sex as we know them on Earth will actually almost be like Hell. I'm probably exaggerating this stuff, but it lead me to become crippled in my journey with God. In fact, I find it not worth living that sort of life at all, I say I'd almost rather be in total blackness.

There is another reason that goes hand in hand with my last paragraph. If you know about current events in news, we may be going to war and our end days will come. It leaves me anxious and afraid.

I'm sorry, there is a lot to get off my chest and I barely even scratch the surface yet.

sex is one (though i can't say the main one) of the eternal aspects of the soul's nature, don't ask me how it will be in the Kingdom of God or the Paradise (because it could turn out to be in a form different from what humans living in this world have known about it - let's say for example angels perceive it in a way different from what is known in this world), but it will be there in some form, so it is just not possible that the One Who created the human being with sex as a part of their nature made a mistake, hope this will help you overcome your fear...

anyway, this doesn't matter if there is not enough sanctification for humans to have normal life - crisis means crisis after all - may God not allow there to be crisis any longer!, however, some people have been right about preferring not to have sex rather than there to be complications, but sanctification is better and best resolution to the problems...

Blessings

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Luke 20:35

“But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:”

1 Timothy 3:2 "An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach",

1 Timothy 3:12 "Deacons must be husbands of only one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households.",

Titus 1:6 "namely, if any man is above reproach, the husband of one wife, having children who believe, not accused of dissipation or rebellion."

so Luke 20:35 says that there is no unfavorably binding marriage in the "Heaven", not that the ones that will be found worthy to receive that heavenly reward must not marry in any case at all

Blessings

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a neurological condition. I've only had one girlfriend in my life but we aren't together now. I am losing my acceptance of Christianity and having faith in God. I believe he's there, but I'm finding his plan harder to accept. I guess when I learned that Jesus said in Heaven we will not have anymore families or marriages, it was a breaking point where I can no longer accept God in my life, or at least struggle. I feel like I don't want to accept God anymore, yet I still want to talk to him sometimes. I can't accept an eternity of celibacy, no matter what or no matter how good it otherwise looks. It's a big deal breaker. I think maybe God does hate all sex after all. I can't deal with the thought of not having a fleshy lustful drive. I just can't.

I feel like an eternal paradise without relationships or sex as we know them on Earth will actually almost be like Hell. I'm probably exaggerating this stuff, but it lead me to become crippled in my journey with God. In fact, I find it not worth living that sort of life at all, I say I'd almost rather be in total blackness.

There is another reason that goes hand in hand with my last paragraph. If you know about current events in news, we may be going to war and our end days will come. It leaves me anxious and afraid.

I'm sorry, there is a lot to get off my chest and I barely even scratch the surface yet.
That's ok.

Upvote 0

surrender1

Jun 1, 2011
✟20,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Did you feel the same way when you were 5 years old? Things will, indeed, be different for you 20 years from now, 40 years from now, 60 years from now. How much more different after you're in your raised, immortal body. (by the way, we recently found out my 20 year old son has aspergers...oh and he's never even kissed a girl yet. i'm assuming he'll be in his late 20s before that happens)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It appears that you are making an idol of Lust and Sex.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'm still very choked up. I feel kind of like I'm being minimalized. I'm not convinced. I don't think I can convince anyone else here either of my loneliness and desire for a partner. It hurts too bad.
I know what you mean.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Dear brother,
First of all it is not good for a man to be alone as God said. In the beginning he made them male and female. And the two shall become one flesh. Read 1st Corinthians 7:7. "I wish that all of you were as I am. But each of you has His own gift from God. One has this gift, another has that" The bible also states that God's gifts and his call are irrevocable Romans 11:29. Besides the bible Four years ago God gave me a revelation concerning this matter. That's right. Don't doubt me now. I all started with dreams and visions of women. No, I'm not making this up. In 2013 I asked God whether there will be sex in the next age. He actually replied. I heard an actual auditory voice. He said "I just want what's good for you. I do this in my name for you." He also said- "I give, I only give" A few years later I understood why he told me this. He was talking about 1st Corinthians 7:7. You have to understand that this desire you have an actual gift. He's not going to remake you. In 2016 in a dream I asked God this question "Is it OK to have sex in heaven?" he replied by saying "not only is it OK but even necessary" I also asked him another question that was on my mind. I asked whether it was OK for a man to have more than one woman. He said "you're welcome to" Here's the thing buddy. Even if God would give you a revelation; would you believe it? And one more thing. He told me that in the resurrection God will give gifts for his children and one of those gifts will be women. Don't doubt how good God is.
Yum yummy, yum yum.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to risk my eternity by assuming things. Yes, it is true that when a Christian dies now his spirit ascends to be with the Father in Heaven, and in that state he or she neither marries nor gives in marriage but is like the angels of God. But if that were all God intended then He would just leave it at that. But He has promised He is NOT going to be leaving it like that. We are going to receive resurrected BODIES, just like the ones we have now only in perfect shape and youth, and they will never grow old. Some can assert they know for a fact that there are certain parts of our anatomy that will be missing, but I'm not really buying that. I think we are destined to enjoy the things God created us for far MORE in eternity than less, only in a godly and proper manner. Otherwise, there might be some longing for their earthly lives just like you are apparently doing already in assuming at will all be over.

Be careful. Hell is not "total blackness." It is eternal suffering and torment with worms and flames and torture at the hands of demons. And when Death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire, it will simply be burning together with all those who likewise rejected God unjustly.

Nonsense. There is still a lot of time yet before the Antichrist finally rises to power. Anyone who tells you otherwise is fantasizing, ignorant or trying to sell you something.

Struggling, He can deliver you from your illness, only you will have to begin putting Him first again and trusting Him, even if things look bleak and your healing is a long time coming. Replace your sorrows with hope again. For all you know, the girl of your dreams could be right around the corner, and yet you'll miss her by being too busy fearing about a future that isn't even real.

In love,
HiH

Is death a spiritual body

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Judge not, that ye be not judged." -- Matthew 7:1 (KJV)

Twist not scripture, lest you be like Satan.

What is the context of Matthew 7:1? Jesus is referring to hypocritical judgment. He is not forbidding have discernment in a given situation in the light of His truth from the Bible. Matthew 7:1 is one of the most abused and decontextualized verses that people refer to, often with the motivation to justify their own sin, by refusing to identify sin based on scripture.

From the original post, I saw the person was overly focused on lust and sex. You can disagree with me, but can you demonstrate how I was hypocritically judging? If you can demonstrate that, I will retract my statement.

John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment."

Upvote 0

AntiVillain

Jul 20, 2014
✟150,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Twist not scripture, lest you be like Satan.

What is the context of Matthew 7:1? Jesus is referring to hypocritical judgment. He is not forbidding have discernment in a given situation in the light of His truth from the Bible. Matthew 7:1 is one of the most abused and decontextualized verses that people refer to, often with the motivation to justify their own sin, by refusing to identify sin based on scripture.

From the original post, I saw the person was overly focused on lust and sex. You can disagree with me, but can you demonstrate how I was hypocritically judging? If you can demonstrate that, I will retract my statement.

John 7:24 Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment."

I'm not twisting anything; you're the one putting words into others' mouths (which is indeed "hypocritically judging," as you said):

I don't see any admission of fornication, etc., ^there^ (at most, the phrase "fleshly lustful drive" -- which, to our knowledge, he's never actually acted on, so...); just heavy concern and worry over a common (yet not necessarily correct) interpretation of Matthew 22:30 that sounds unfair.

The last thing people like him need is to be told off by modern-day Pharisees/Sadducees -- and speaking of which:

"Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." -- John 8:5-11 (KJV)

Upvote 0

joinfree

Nov 3, 2016
EU
✟36,708.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
.... I think maybe God does hate all sex after all. I can't deal with the thought of not having a fleshy lustful drive. I just can't. ....
God has blessed the first couple (Adam+Eve). The marriage happiness is great only because it fulfills the God's Plan. In Heaven people will be perfectly close to another, which also fulfills the God's Plan. In Heaven is pure happiness. Look: man dates the woman, he is happy to touch her hand. The great happiness!

Upvote 0