StrugglingWithLife

Jun 19, 2015
✟11,465.00
I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a neurological condition. I've only had one girlfriend in my life but we aren't together now. I am losing my acceptance of Christianity and having faith in God. I believe he's there, but I'm finding his plan harder to accept. I guess when I learned that Jesus said in Heaven we will not have anymore families or marriages, it was a breaking point where I can no longer accept God in my life, or at least struggle. I feel like I don't want to accept God anymore, yet I still want to talk to him sometimes. I can't accept an eternity of celibacy, no matter what or no matter how good it otherwise looks. It's a big deal breaker. I think maybe God does hate all sex after all. I can't deal with the thought of not having a fleshy lustful drive. I just can't.

I feel like an eternal paradise without relationships or sex as we know them on Earth will actually almost be like Hell. I'm probably exaggerating this stuff, but it lead me to become crippled in my journey with God. In fact, I find it not worth living that sort of life at all, I say I'd almost rather be in total blackness.

There is another reason that goes hand in hand with my last paragraph. If you know about current events in news, we may be going to war and our end days will come. It leaves me anxious and afraid.

I'm sorry, there is a lot to get off my chest and I barely even scratch the surface yet.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,098.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hope you get good medical advice about your syndrome.

Philippians 2 speaks of the Lord Jesus having been 'obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross'. He died there in the place of sinners, and we can know peace with God through faith in Him (Romans 5.1).

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟545,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess when I learned that Jesus said in Heaven we will not have anymore families or marriages, it was a breaking point where I can no longer accept God in my life, or at least struggle... I can't accept an eternity of celibacy, no matter what or no matter how good it otherwise looks. It's a big deal breaker.

If I were you, I wouldn't be so quick to risk my eternity by assuming things. Yes, it is true that when a Christian dies now his spirit ascends to be with the Father in Heaven, and in that state he or she neither marries nor gives in marriage but is like the angels of God. But if that were all God intended then He would just leave it at that. But He has promised He is NOT going to be leaving it like that. We are going to receive resurrected BODIES, just like the ones we have now only in perfect shape and youth, and they will never grow old. Some can assert they know for a fact that there are certain parts of our anatomy that will be missing, but I'm not really buying that. I think we are destined to enjoy the things God created us for far MORE in eternity than less, only in a godly and proper manner. Otherwise, there might be some longing for their earthly lives just like you are apparently doing already in assuming at will all be over.

I think maybe God does hate all sex after all... I feel like an eternal paradise without relationships or sex as we know them on Earth will actually almost be like Hell... I'd almost rather be in total blackness

Be careful. Hell is not "total blackness." It is eternal suffering and torment with worms and flames and torture at the hands of demons. And when Death and Hell are cast into the Lake of Fire, it will simply be burning together with all those who likewise rejected God unjustly.

If you know about current events in news, we may be going to war and our end days will come. It leaves me anxious and afraid.

Nonsense. There is still a lot of time yet before the Antichrist finally rises to power. Anyone who tells you otherwise is fantasizing, ignorant or trying to sell you something.

Struggling, He can deliver you from your illness, only you will have to begin putting Him first again and trusting Him, even if things look bleak and your healing is a long time coming. Replace your sorrows with hope again. For all you know, the girl of your dreams could be right around the corner, and yet you'll miss her by being too busy fearing about a future that isn't even real.

In love,
HiH

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a neurological condition. I've only had one girlfriend in my life but we aren't together now. I am losing my acceptance of Christianity and having faith in God. I believe he's there, but I'm finding his plan harder to accept. I guess when I learned that Jesus said in Heaven we will not have anymore families or marriages, it was a breaking point where I can no longer accept God in my life, or at least struggle. I feel like I don't want to accept God anymore, yet I still want to talk to him sometimes. I can't accept an eternity of celibacy, no matter what or no matter how good it otherwise looks. It's a big deal breaker. I think maybe God does hate all sex after all. I can't deal with the thought of not having a fleshy lustful drive. I just can't.

I feel like an eternal paradise without relationships or sex as we know them on Earth will actually almost be like Hell. I'm probably exaggerating this stuff, but it lead me to become crippled in my journey with God. In fact, I find it not worth living that sort of life at all, I say I'd almost rather be in total blackness.

There is another reason that goes hand in hand with my last paragraph. If you know about current events in news, we may be going to war and our end days will come. It leaves me anxious and afraid.

I'm sorry, there is a lot to get off my chest and I barely even scratch the surface yet.

When we are in eternity we shall be as Children.. We shall have absolutly no desire for sex...

Why be afriad of war when every human being is destined to die anyway...

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was in the same position you are when I was your age. I knew about God, but had misconceptions about being saved, what any of it really meant. I am 48 now and although I have a wonderful relationship with Christ, I have many regrets. I have Marfans Syndrome, and had a painful childhood with a chest deformity. Never had many girlfriends and got married for the wrong reasons, basically because I didn't understand what true love really is. I made so many mistakes because I was trying to live my life the way I wanted to.
Rev 21;4, He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.
Many christians look forward to heaven as I do also. Although there will not be human marriages per se, we will know each other more fully than we do now. The apostle Paul declared , "Now I know in part, then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known" (1 Cor 13;12)
The best thing I ever did in my whole life was to seek a true relationship with Christ. Since I gave done that, all the earthly pleasures seem so trivial, and I have true peace in my life.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

What does Asperger's have to do with anything? I have it as well and it changes nothing concerning my trust in God.

You can't deal with the thought of not having a fleshy lustful drive? Imagine having one for all eternity and not ever being able to satisfy it. That's what you are setting yourself up for. What you really need is to repent and be forgiven for all this.

• Agree
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I would recommend for you to not follow the news closely. There is nothing you can do about any of it and it will only cause more anxiety for you. Find something to do to get all of these things off of your mind. Find a hobby that interests you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I guess when I learned that Jesus said in Heaven we will not have anymore families or marriages, it was a breaking point where I can no longer accept God in my life, or at least struggle.

You have to realize that will come naturally, also, it's not so much what won't be, but think of all the things we don't know about that will be. that might be replaced with something 10 times better. I'm guessing we will be just fine with everything awaiting us there. Remember, heaven is a reward...how bad can it be. Can't put my finger on it but it seems like there is scripture that suggests we have no idea just how good it'll be.

I can't accept an eternity of celibacy, no matter what or no matter how good it otherwise looks.

And what if he replaces that with something better? We just don't know, but I assure you, things will be such, where that will be no problem.

Then there is the only alternative to heaven. Be smart.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

dhh712

Mrs. Calvinist Dark Lord
Jul 16, 2013
Gettysburg
✟34,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

You're looking at the heavenly realm with eyes of the flesh which is quite non-sensical. The sinful flesh (as well as the sinful spirit) will be no more in heaven and our spirits will be joined with new bodies (which will have no trace of sin in its physical or spiritual makeup).

When Jesus says there will be no marriage in heaven, I don't think the natural reaction would be, "Oh, great I can't wait to get there!" Our human nature is inclined to value intimacy and companionship. The things we find great pleasure in here we would want to see continue in some place that's supposed to last forever because we can't imagine anything better than what pleases us--don't we know what's best for ourselves?

In heaven though, we'll have different bodies which may have different natures than the ones we have--they definitely won't have any sin in them. It also may be that we will find God to be so satisfying that the things that pleased us on earth won't matter to us much anymore. I will confess that the thought of not having my battlefields to tour and books to read or write is a very depressing thought. Yet, you must agree however, that some of the things you were preoccupied with as a child surely changed as you aged. I imagine heaven to be something like that--once we reach that point the things on earth won't mean as much to us anymore.

Ultimately I think it is a matter of trusting the Lord. Now this is not an easy thing to do; I think most people who have come to trust the Lord have only done so after long and weary times of really not having much trust in him. It takes time and spiritual growth which happens differently in everyone; sometimes the Holy Spirit is quick in one and in others he moves at a slower pace.

I hope you will not give up on the Lord, no matter how angry you get at him (it is an easy thing to get frustrated at the Lord when you are in a situation you don't want to be in and can't see the purpose of it). I hope you will pray that God will soften your heart and make you desire Christ over all the worldly things--it is a prayer we can all use. I will be sure to pray for you concerning this.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

I live by faith in the Son of God.
Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Im sorry to hear about your situation.
Everyone has made some good points. You need peace in your heart that only Jesus can give you. All these things are worries and they will bury you.

You said this only scratches the surface. What else do you fear?

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Give me tribulation, throw me in the deep end, persecute me and take away what i have. My faith in Jesus Christ is bedrock :)

Mat 6:21
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Luke 12:5
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0
I'm not entirely convinced, though. I'm still left with a feeling of heartbreak. It's soul/spirit stinging. And why are Christians permitted to have such human intimacy here if it's so bad for you too? Why is God's plan so messed up?

Oh, I wasn't really referring to Hell when talking about blackness.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabe7587

Christ7Gaberman
Dec 17, 2016
Palmetto, FL
Visit site
✟24,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God's plan is too complex for us to comprehend. I have felt major heartbreak before, even to the point of considering suicide. God has pulled me through and guided me. He is a loving God and we may not always like His answers, since we are looking at it from a humanly perspective. Trust in Jesus, and let Jesus do the work of finding someone for you.

I'm not entirely convinced, though. I'm still left with a feeling of heartbreak. It's soul/spirit stinging. And why are Christians permitted to have such human intimacy here if it's so bad for you too? Why is God's plan so messed up?

Oh, I wasn't really referring to Hell when talking about blackness.

Upvote 0
I told everyone, I am really adament about my upset. I don't care if God is beyond our comprehension. Besides, the president of the US or any other country is beyond my comprehension, should I still put faith in them? This isn't really fair, I'm not going to tolerate struggle any more.

Why should God make me like a child in heaven? I feel like if that was the case I won't be an individual any longer. I'm really angry right now. I wish I can find somebody before the earth is destroyed.

Upvote 0

little1

Apr 18, 2017
melbourne
✟9,926.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I told everyone, I am really adament about my upset. I don't care if God is beyond our comprehension. Besides, the president of the US or any other country is beyond my comprehension, should I still put faith in them? This isn't really fair, I'm not going to tolerate struggle any more.

Why should God make me like a child in heaven? I feel like if that was the case I won't be an individual any longer. I'm really angry right now. I wish I can find somebody before the earth is destroyed.
Dear Struggling With Life,

I am sorry you are in pain and torment to much for words. I have many disabilities and mental issues I cry everyday of broken heart. But let me tell you something....
struggling with life, the father in heaven knows exactly how you feel because he is closer then your very breath. He knows you sin and he still loves you beyond words. No matter how much rage you feel towards him he understands why and he loves you.
Yes! His plan does appear stupid to us. Especially people like you and me. Trust me, I know. I get so angry at God I sometimes cry and scream and self harm because I hate him for making me be alive in this painful world. BuT!! These things we feel are because our brains don't work as well as others might. We are believing lies about him and lies about ourselves. God knows that and he makes special allouences for us.
He knows you struggle socially he understands. He understands that sex can bring comfort to that pain.
But even if you had intimacy it would not continue to work. Nothing can heal that longing in our heart. Not until we see him and go to heaven.
Sex is not bad. It is amaizing and God made it.
Heaven we can not understand but God made sex and it is good right? So trust him that he made heaven good too.
Trust him that he makes heaven good too. He's the same God
You know artists paintings.? Often you can tell the painting is by the same artist because they look alike.
So if God is the artist of sex
Then he will make great intamacy in heaven. We might not comprehend yet BUT YOU WILL
and you will be safe
No more tears no more pain
He made humans for fellowship with one another . He designed you to need to conect I pray you find someone

The world is fallen and the enemy ruins a lot
I wish Adam didn't eat that fruit but he did and I sin too
Trust good that he is smarter and good

Last edited:
Upvote 0

_-iconoclast-_

Feb 10, 2017
Earth
✟37,686.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private

Hello

little1 makes a good point.

Im sorry to hear of your pain as well. Why are you angry at God? Would you mind explaining in more detail about your pain?

Thank you.

Upvote 0