Creative ways to allow the Spirit of God to manifest thru believers.

Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says in Hebrews 10:24, "let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds."

Several months ago, we had the opportunity to go out to the streets to evangelize, and one of the ideas God gave me spontaneously to minister with were the following: There were 4 or 5 of us out witnessing. And we came upon one fellow who we asked if he wanted to feel the tangible, physical touch of God's Spirit. So we had him stand up. And then two men from our group stood on each side of him. I then told each person standing beside the man to lay hands on him and just think in their minds a part of the guy's body that they wanted God to touch. And without saying anything, I told them to wait. The first dude from our group went first. And after a few moments I asked the guy (who was having hands laid on him) if he could feel anything different going on with his body. And he said he was. And then I asked the brother who was laying hands on him what part of the dude's body was he wanting God to touch. And he said which part. Then I asked the guy again, where at on his body was he getting the touch. And it was the exact spot that the brother was thinking about. This exact same thing happened with the brother who was on the other side of him too. It was simple. But it was the first sign I had ever seen. And in retrospect, the reason why enjoyed that experience so much and like sharing it is the fact that the Lord used 3 different people beside myself to show His love and power to.

Now some people will stop and object to this sort of thing and ask what real good does it do. And while I agree, people do need to be born-again. And ministry shouldn't stop at this. But I will remind you of what Jesus said in John 14:11. He told people to believe and even if it were the works themselves that caused them to come to faith in Him then so be it. So what I submit is that this kind of Spirit on flesh ministry is profitable in at least two ways.

1. Hebrews 10:24 - It causes us to consider how to spur one another on unto love and good works

2. John 14:11 - It gives the evidence for belief that God is and is able to do what He said He will do.
---------------------------------------------
So up for discussion in this very topic. What are some other creative ways you have either used or heard of when ministering with the Holy Spirit?

Reactions: dqhall