Creationism = Flat Earth Believers

When Jerry says this:

"The Bible does not actually conflict with evolution no matter how you read it."

Actually, I say the Bible only conflicts with evolution depending on how you read it. If you read it absolutely literally, then you cannot fail to come to the conclusion that either it or evolution is wrong. If you read it absolutely literally, then you cannot fail to come to the conclusion that it or our understanding of the shape and dynamics of the earth and solar system are wrong.

As for Eve being made from a sleeping Adam's rib while he slept... that is a tough one. As I mentioned before, this could be a miracle (perhaps short of this miracle the hominids would have died out after the first (male) one was given a soul. Another option is that the whole Genesis story is allegory given in terms that Bronze Age Hebrews could relate to and understand. Another option is that Genesis is borrowed from a pre-existing culture, but that God directed its inclusion in the Bible because it points to Him as the creator.

Upvote 0

worship4ever

Jun 24, 2003
Anchorage, AK
✟15,347.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Wow this is an old thread.

Heh, I love it when sites pretend to take the bible literally then dont when it suites them. :)

From the Christian Answers site
"A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth." "

Someone forgot to check out the hebrew. I know ive said it a million times, but guess what, the Hebrew (the original language this part of the bible was written in) happens be a flat circle, circuit, instead of the hebrew word for a ball, as in round. :)

I also like it when literalists fight my literal interpretation of the Hebrew. :)

Upvote 0

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
hahaha critics make me laugh.
But when things get deep and prayer time is needed, who do they come running to?

All you mocking critics who believe that truth is reletive. Have a little more respect, becuase reletive truth is just another term for "we don't know".
So if you don't know, try to have more of an open mind to things.

Upvote 0

Evo

Jul 1, 2003
Bible Belt
✟891.00
If you stand on a moutian and look upon the world what do you see? a Flat circle. You don't see a rectangular troft. so its easly assumed that the earth is circular. A circle is flat this is not the same as a sphere (which is round) my bible rheims says "globe" which is a total misrepresentation. It was edited/composed/changed whatever you wish to say in 1752 (after it was well accepted the earth was not flat). Its kind of ironic. because if this verse where to be interprited as you suggest then Copernicous and Gallelo (spelling :) would have used it for there defense. instead of being jailed/called heritics.

why are some people so scared of the truth.

your living in a 6,000 year old flat earth, 7 day god created world with stars for orinments and a sun that revolves arounds the earth. If your a fundmental creationist. (which i can understand because none of the bible makes sense when you start pulling bricks out of the wall). so keep your beliefs.

Upvote 0

wblastyn

Jedi Master
Jun 5, 2002
Northern Ireland
Visit site
✟11,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
SUNSTONE said:
hahaha critics make me laugh.
But when things get deep and prayer time is needed, who do they come running to?

All you mocking critics who believe that truth is reletive. Have a little more respect, becuase reletive truth is just another term for "we don't know".
So if you don't know, try to have more of an open mind to things.
What are you talking about? It's pretty clear the Bible talks about a flat earth if you interpret it literally like creationists do.

Upvote 0