Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The primary source document for Creationism is the Bible itself and one of the main reasons for it being doctrinally vital is original sin.

Sin - is "any want of conformity unto or transgression of the law of God" (1 John 3:4; Rom. 4:15), in the inward state and habit of the soul, as well as in the outward conduct of the life, whether by omission or commission (Rom. 6:12-17; 7:5-24). It is "not a mere violation of the law of our constitution, nor of the system of things, but an offence against a personal lawgiver and moral governor who vindicates his law with penalties. The soul that sins is always conscious that his sin is
(1) intrinsically vile and polluting, and
(2) that it justly deserves punishment, and calls down the righteous wrath of God. Hence sin carries with it two inalienable characters,
(1) ill-desert, guilt (reatus); and
(2) pollution (macula).", Hodge's Outlines.

The moral character of a man's actions is determined by the moral state of his heart. The disposition to sin, or the habit of the soul that leads to the sinful act, is itself also sin (Rom. 6:12-17; Gal. 5:17; James 1:14, 15).

The origin of sin is a mystery, and must for ever remain such to us. It is plain that for some reason God has permitted sin to enter this world, and that is all we know. His permitting it, however, in no way makes God the author of sin.

Adam's sin (Gen. 3:1-6) consisted in his yielding to the assaults of temptation and eating the forbidden fruit. It involved in it,
(1) the sin of unbelief, virtually making God a liar; and
(2) the guilt of disobedience to a positive command. By this sin he became an apostate from God, a rebel in arms against his Creator. He lost the favour of God and communion with him; his whole nature became depraved, and he incurred the penalty involved in the covenant of works.

Original sin. "Our first parents being the root of all mankind, the guilt of their sin was imputed, and the same death in sin and corrupted nature were conveyed to all their posterity, descending from them by ordinary generation." Adam was constituted by God the federal head and representative of all his posterity, as he was also their natural head, and therefore when he fell they fell with him (Rom. 5:12-21; 1 Cor. 15:22-45). His probation was their probation, and his fall their fall. Because of Adam's first sin all his posterity came into the world in a state of sin and condemnation, i.e.,
(1) a state of moral corruption, and
(2) of guilt, as having judicially imputed to them the guilt of Adam's first sin.

"Original sin" is frequently and properly used to denote only the moral corruption of their whole nature inherited by all men from Adam. This inherited moral corruption consists in,
(1) the loss of original righteousness; and
(2) the presence of a constant proneness to evil, which is the root and origin of all actual sin. It is called "sin" (Rom. 6:12, 14, 17; 7:5-17), the "flesh" (Gal. 5:17, 24), "lust" (James 1:14, 15), the "body of sin" (Rom. 6:6), "ignorance," "blindness of heart," "alienation from the life of God" (Eph. 4:18, 19). It influences and depraves the whole man, and its tendency is still downward to deeper and deeper corruption, there remaining no recuperative element in the soul. It is a total depravity, and it is also universally inherited by all the natural descendants of Adam (Rom. 3:10-23; 5:12-21; 8:7). Pelagians deny original sin, and regard man as by nature morally and spiritually well; semi-Pelagians regard him as morally sick; Augustinians, or, as they are also called, Calvinists, regard man as described above, spiritually dead (Eph. 2:1; 1 John 3:14).

The doctrine of original sin is proved,
(1.) From the fact of the universal sinfulness of men. "There is no man that sinneth not" (1 Kings 8:46; Isa. 53:6; Ps. 130:3; Rom. 3:19, 22, 23; Gal. 3:22).
(2.) From the total depravity of man. All men are declared to be destitute of any principle of spiritual life; man's apostasy from God is total and complete (Job 15:14-16; Gen. 6:5,6).
(3.) From its early manifestation (Ps. 58:3; Prov. 22:15).
(4.) It is proved also from the necessity, absolutely and universally, of regeneration (John 3:3; 2 Cor. 5:17).
(5.) From the universality of death (Rom. 5:12-20).

Various kinds of sin are mentioned,
(1.) "Presumptuous sins," or as literally rendered, "sins with an uplifted hand", i.e., defiant acts of sin, in contrast with "errors" or "inadvertencies" (Ps. 19:13).
(2.) "Secret", i.e., hidden sins (19:12); sins which escape the notice of the soul.
(3.) "Sin against the Holy Ghost" (q.v.), or a "sin unto death" (Matt. 12:31, 32; 1 John 5:16), which amounts to a wilful rejection of grace.

Sin, a city in Egypt, called by the Greeks Pelusium, which means, as does also the Hebrew name, "clayey" or "muddy," so called from the abundance of clay found there. It is called by Ezekel (Ezek. 30:15) "the strength of Egypt, "thus denoting its importance as a fortified city. It has been identified with the modern Tineh, "a miry place," where its ruins are to be found. Of its boasted magnificence only four red granite columns remain, and some few fragments​

Original Sin as Formal Doctrine:

According to Christian tradition, original sin is the general condition of sinfulness (lack of holiness) into which human beings are born (Psalm 51:5). Original sin is also called hereditary sin, birth sin, or person sin. Used with the definite article ("the original sin"), it refers to the first sin, committed when Adam and Eve succumbed to the serpent's temptation.​

Original Sin from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Original sin may be taken to mean: (1) the sin that Adam committed; (2) a consequence of this first sin, the hereditary stain with which we are born on account of our origin or descent from Adam.

From the earliest times the latter sense of the word was more common, as may be seen by St. Augustine's statement: "the deliberate sin of the first man is the cause of original sin" (De nupt. et concup., II, xxvi, 43). It is the hereditary stain that is dealt with here. As to the sin of Adam we have not to examine the circumstances in which it was committed nor make the exegesis of the third chapter of Genesis.

Original Sin, from New Advent the Catholic Encyclopedia

creationwiki_half.GIF

The CreationWiki is a free encyclopedia of creation science being assembled by an international editorial staff. We encourage all creationists to get involved with the development of this valuable resource. There are currently 2,704 articles from a creationist point of view.​

CreationWiki Free Encyclopedia of Creation Science

The following resources have been made available online in their entirety.​

Answers in Genesis, Free Online Resources

The increased focus of recent decades on creationism, "creation-science," "origin science," and "theistic science" has created a climate in which old questions are raised anew with specific focus and additional sophistication. One of those questions concerns the meaning of the term "day" in Genesis 1:1 - 2:3.​

THE "DAYS" OF CREATION IN GENESIS 1

The Origins television program started in 1985 by Russ Bixler, co-founder of Cornerstone TeleVision, was discontinued with his passing in January of 2000. Now his son Paul, a producer/editor at Cornerstone TeleVision, is putting together a new Origins series.

These new programs offer a forum to use scientific evidence to validate the truth of creation.​

Cornerstone TeleVision, Origins series.

It is never good science to ignore anomalous data or to eliminate a conclusion because of some presupposition. Sir Henry Dale, one-time President of the Royal Society of London, made an important comment in his retirement speech: "Science should not tolerate any lapse of precision, or neglect any anomaly, but give Nature's answers to the world humbly and with courage." To do so may not place one in the mainstream of modern science, but at least we will be searching for truth and moving ahead rather than maintaining the scientific status quo.--Barry Setterfield, March 7, 2002​
Barry Setterfield, Research Library

The charitable reading of the uncertainty about the scientific status of design suggests that it reflects philosophical confusion. Somewhere in the deeper logic of our current conception of scientific explanation, we have made, or overlooked, a very serious blunder. Among the elements of what Gerald Holton calls "the modern world picture" -- that is, the received scientific world picture -- there exist profoundly inconsistent epistemological commitments. Put more simply, if what we want is the truth about how the world and its creatures came to be, then we may not be able to tell that story in fully naturalistic terms. Because the truth -- to modern eyes ungainly, even ugly -- may be otherwise.​

Jettison the Arguments, or the Rule? The Place of Darwinian Theological Themata in Evolutionary Reasoning, by Paul Little University of Chicago

In the late 1970s, there was a need to make available scripturally sound and scientifically accurate materials in apologetics among the churches of Christ. The idea for Apologetics Press was born—an idea that soon became a reality. The necessary legal steps then were taken to allow the work to be recognized as non-profit and tax-exempt by both State and Federal governments. In 1985, Apologetics Press moved into its own custom-built, 11,000-square-foot building that was debt free upon completion.​

Apologetics Press

The 7 Wonders Museum is part of the NWCN​

Northwest Creation Resources

"A man from a primitive culture who sees an automobile might guess that it was powered by the wind or by an antelope hidden under the car, but when he opens up the hood and sees the engine he immediately realizes that it was designed. In the same way biochemistry has opened up the cell to examine what makes it run and we see that it, too, was designed." (Molecular Machines: Experimental Support for the Design Inference, by Michael J. Behe)​

An Introduction to Molecular Machines and Irreducible Complexity

Secular Scientific Resources, semi neutral :

01-0085sm.jpg

Genome Science Images

Smithsonian Human Family Tree

MIT Biology Open Courseware

Molecular Interactions in Cell Events: Catalysis, Heriot Watt University

Related Scriptures:

Great and Marvelous are your deeds, Lord God Almighty, Right and true are all your ways, King of the ages, Who will not worship you O Lord and give glory to your name, For your righteous deeds, have been revealed. (Rev. 15:3,4)

Nehemiah 9:6 "Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee."

Proverbs 8:21 -32 "The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was. When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.

When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth: When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways."

Job 38:1-11 "Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb? When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it, And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed? "

Hebrews 11:3 "Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear."

Rom 1:20 "For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:"

(see also Rom 8:22; 2Peter 3:4; Rev 3:14; Mark 13:19; Mark 10:6; Psalm 90:2; Acts 17:23-31 )

Reactions: FallingWaters

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟13,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the Beginning, free book online
Dr. Brown's book online. It has a lot of good pictures and information.

"Walt Brown received a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where he was a National Science Foundation Fellow. He has taught college courses in physics, mathematics, and computer science. Brown is a retired full colonel (Air Force), West Point graduate, and former Army ranger and paratrooper."
Creation Science Multimedia Resources Directory
Full of great PowerPoints, videos and other media.

"Quality education is reliant upon a wide variety of multimedia tools. Modern students are perhaps more accustomed to learning online, or through the use of multimedia resources than any other form of curriculum. Video clips, audio files, and graphics are essential for preparing almost any lesson."

Kent Hovind Debate Videos and Seminars and ETC.

I know there are mixed feelings about Kent Hovind but I have learned a lot from his seminars and videos. Plus there are other videos on here other then just the stuff from Kent Hovind.​

Upvote 0

busterdog

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Mark.

The nwcreation site has LOTS of video to download, for all you couch potatoes. Someone said its time we YECs did some work. Well, I am doing mine on the couch.

The creation wiki also did a little better on the dino-meat dispute, which has a creationist and OT thread simmering.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
My first post is full but I'm still finding things that other Creationists could find helpful.

The Apologia Project Video Library

The latest news & views on intelligent design and evolution

Unlocking The Mystery Of Life - The birth of the Intelligent Design movement. The people in the film read like a who's who of Intelligent Design. This is a must see for anyone wanting to understand who the Intelligent Design proponents are how they came to advocate ID. The central focus is Darwinism in the face of discoveries in modern molecular Biology.

The Privileged Planet - Intelligent Design from Astronomy.

Voyage Inside The Cell: Excellent graphics that takes you on a trip through Cell Biology.

I'll be expanding the list from time to time.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Edited to add:

This one is really great:

Clinical Tools, Inc. (CTI) Image Gallery

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Creation Research Society Quarterly

The Creation Research Society is a professional organization of trained scientists and interested laypersons who are firmly committed to scientific special creation. The Society was organized in 1963 by a committee of ten like-minded scientists, and has grown into an organization with worldwide membership.

The True Origin Archive

The TrueOrigin Archive comprises an intellectually honest response to what in fairness can only be described as evolutionism—the doctrine of strict philosophical naturalism as a necessary presupposition in matters of science history (i.e., origins). This doctrine is abundantly evident in much material advocating the Neo-Darwinian macro-evolution origins model, including—but not limited to—the “Talk.Origins” newsgroup and the “Talk.Origins Archive” website

Upvote 0

RichardT

Contributor
Sep 17, 2005
Toronto Ontario
✟23,099.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
The Privileged Planet - Intelligent Design from Astronomy.
"The Privileged Planet" is not even ID. It simply tells the viewer of the perfections of natural laws and how life is perfectly suited. The Smithsonian went all over it as if it was trying to "undercut" evolution when it really wasn't. I saw the DVD myself, it doesn't even mention God.

The Smithsonian also seems to think that Carl Sagan dogmatically stating that the "universe is all that there is and all that ever will be" is science.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Watershed at Pajaro Dunes:

Unlocking the Mystery of Life

For Charles Darwin, natural selection explained the appearance of design without a designer. There was no longer any need to invoke an intelligent cause for the complexity of life. In effect, natural selection became a kind of designer substitute.

When we came together at Pajaro Dunes we certainly didn't agree on everything, but we did share a real dissatisfaction with the mechanism of natural selection and the role that it was playing in biological explanation. (Paul Nelson, ARN)​

If you follow the Intelligent Design movement this film is a must see. You will recognize names like Michael Behe, Phillip Johnson, Stephen Meyer, Paul Little and Dean Kenyan.

Much has been said about this remarkably small group of scientists, philosophers and mathematicians. I do not consider them Biblical Creationists simply because they do not seem even vaguely interested in human evolution which is a tied to a vital Christian doctrine central to the Gospel.

I also found a very interesting debate on Utube, it's in eight parts so I'll just provide the first one and a link to the other 7

Debate on ID and Evolution

William Buckley is asked why he is on the Intelligent Design side and he simply answers that it's because of how those who take the opposing view are treated. There is a deep bias and abiding animosity to creationists and those who hold to Intelligent Design views and it's fascinating to see the reaction of people who really have no religious views to defend engage evolutionists on this topic.

This is another interesting Utube video from Coral Ridge Ministries.

Darwin's Deadly Legacy

Last edited:
Reactions: FallingWaters
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Breckmin

Sep 23, 2008
Gresham, OR USA
✟17,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Breckmin

Sep 23, 2008
Gresham, OR USA
✟17,883.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0