Creation in six days, yet slow change and great limitation for everything now on earth...

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm not addressing the English (or Latin, Greek, etc...), perhaps it changed to Adonai/Lord to keep the respect but that's not what YHWH means. It means "He is" and it's not a name, it's a declaration of existence. The very idea God can be reduced to a name is a pagan mindset and perhaps it's why it stopped being used in fear of the name becoming akin to idolatry. Better to call God with a word to address him with honor and respect that we all know is just a word than to call him by something we think the very word evokes power. of course, if true it has had the opposite effect because there are all kinds of ridiculous lore regarding the name. Before the name "YHWH" was uttered God still was, before Hebrew, God was, before Adam God was. and that's the point. God simply is, and he preexists all things, including names.
Thank you - I am fully aware of ALL the meanings of the name.
I actually gave sites that give the various meanings to the name or as you look at it declaration.
And putting it short - it all boils down to LORD - I'm surprised you didn't argue the word Lord is a title.

Please also refer your comments to those who write reports the name means Lord also - give them your points. According to you it's false information.

another

Upvote 0

Michael S. Blanchard

Old and New Testament Bible Reader
Jan 12, 2022
Trinity County California 96052
✟10,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Creationism - Everything was created in 6 literal days. The creation was in 4004 BC. That what my preacher says. Well. we'll just have to agree to disagree as we both believe God created the heavens and the earth. Although I haven't talked to him about it (and I won't) I don't want to spend hours discussing it.
In the beginning (time) God (force) created (action) the heavens (space) and the earth (matter) which are the building blocks of physics. I enjoyed the movie THE GENESIS CODE and I like science that discovers the nuances of creation.

Now here is where I disagree with Darwinianism. I believe in an evolution that quickly changes. Magnetic reversals and/or excursions can wipe out species very quickly and others arise. Jumping ahead to around 40,000 yrs ago the neanderthals went extinct and modern man arrived. Now, I thought of Duet 7:9 which in part reads "... the faithful God, who keeps covenant and mercy with those that love him and keep his commandments to a thousnand generations." Moses wrote the pentateuch and I believe that is the generation to be used in numbering. 40 years the Israelites wandered in the Sanai. Joshua took the next generation across the Jordan into the promised land. The covenant that God is talking about starts with Adam and ends with the second coming of Jesus who then delivers his flock, his kingdom to God the Father.

40 x 1000 generation is 40,000 yrs. Modern man is the significant pinnacle of his creation. Creationism is part of Dispensationalism. Dispensationalism says basically Christ is not King now but will be after the tribulation, for a thousand years. That there will be a third temple and the Church will be raptured. Not in that order, just points of dispensationalism. We are the Temple, we will go through tribulation according to Jesus, and after the final war of good and evil we will be raised in the resurrection, the one and only resurrection at the second coming.

There's alot of science in the Bible and alot spiritual lessons in the Bible. Christ became the king of the curse. Three days later he was the King of Kings. Not some future king in a 1000 yr reign. The reign started at his ressurrection and is ongoing. The imprisonment of Satan was/is for 1000 yr also. Symbolic yrs. 1000 generations not symbolic. The opposite of dispensationalism.

Happy birthday Sheila

out
I'm kinda thinkin that When God Makes a Covenant it is forever. Sometimes He adds to it like in Deuteronomy 29, when he includes all people present and those who are not present the same "Birthright promises he gave the Jews. We are all included in his "Birthright Covenant". The only thing that changed in the New Teatament was the fact that now we have a King of our salvation. He is God the Son, who died for our sins.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To better firmly hold a creationism standpoint, it is important to see there are two creation stories: one of heaven and Earth in Genesis 1:1 - 2:3 and one somewhere else on the first day of the first creation story, before life and other things were created in the heavens and Earth, in Genesis 2:4 - 4:26.
Why not just leave it as it is - so that we have

1. a general statement in Gen 1:1 - God created the entire universe at some unknown point in time​
2. Gen 1:2-2:3 gives us a time-boxed chronological sequence in which God created all life on planet Earth as well as our sun and moon - in days just as the day Ex 20:8-11. Literal days Ex 20:11​
3. Gen 1:2-2:3 is followed by a detail-expansion segment from Gen 2:5 to the end of Gen 2. Those details are then added in their appropriate time slot into the Gen 1:2-2:3 time-boxed chronological sequence​
Immediately after, the book of Genesis resumes with the conclusion of the first creation story, where Adam has been fruitful and multiplied and become many on earth.

So, on the first day of creation, in the beginning, God created the heaven and the Earth, where the Earth was without form and void.
On the first day of creation week which begins in Gen 1:2 - the unviverse already exists so also does the earth though without form and void.

So then sticking with the text of scripture as it reads - the fall of mankind does not happen in Genesis 1 or Genesis 2. It happens in Genesis 3 which is after the making of the Garden of Eden and after Adam and Eve are beyond the seven day week , which is after they are joined together as man and wife.
The times back then before the widespread wickedness of humans and the flood would have been very different from today - all those (G)gods still running around with all those powers, even if fallen - the Earth would be a *very* different place with things very different for the people, plants, and creatures living back then. Even after the flood the Bible reports Egyptians using magic (of the gods) forgotten to today to do "scientifically-impossible" things.
no mini-gods doing anything to humans or Earth in Gen 1 and 2.

The fall of mankind does not happen until Gen 3.

Though we probably agree that Satan and his angels fell from heaven - prior to the making of mankind.

The element of "time" exactly as it is today - with evening and morning for each day.
We can't assume that the extremely physically-limited and confined nature of the way things are in life today was the way things were
We have to assume that since the principle of exegesis demands it. Moses is writing to newly freed slaves from Egypt in Genesis. None of his readers are doing wild mental gymnastic trying to insert all sorts of idea external ideas into his text.
It seems by the time Jesus Christ was walking the Earth in His ministry, the way humans experienced reality <edit> may have been </edit> largely similar to the way we experience it today,
Most scientists and even Christian would say that time went exactly as it is today - 2000 years ago and also 6000 years ago. Even atheists will admit this.

Upvote 0