Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They absolutely should. I'm tired of the Church hopping on the politically correct knee jerk reaction wagon.
Has the Diocese of Covington apologized to the students for their hastily made statement?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw video of Black Israelites, a group claiming that Africans are the lost tribes of Israel, were harassing the boys before the Native Americans came over, that video was taken down but even if it was not I could not post it here for the language the Black Israelites used

Man it would've been interesting to get them in a room with Arnold Murray, just because he had some weird views about black people. The contrasting nature of that dialogue would've been nuclear.

The boys started school cheers to drown out the hate speech that was being directed at them (both white and black students)
After that the Native Americans walked into the middle of the group of students

I have tried correcting people on Facebook but I think I have lost some friends over this

I don't know how, but I continue to be amazed at how behavior of some minority groups can (and often does) mirror that of white supremacist groups, and yet to criticize or condemn their behavior would be oppressive or racist.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Why should a normal 16 or 17 year old white boy be involved with his local parish?

Events are mostly run by Baby Boomer Women, there is probably little to no out reach but if there is any it is all aimed at attracting Latino families (because they actually have large families while the Boomers who run things had only 1 or two kids if any) , everything is filled with SJW lingo
And if a priest rapes you or you get verbally assaulted by Black Israelites or Native Americans you can bet money that the Bishop will be more concerned with protecting the attacker rather then protecting you
Why would any sane teenager want to be involved with this?

• Agree
Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And the kids are getting threats from those who are still too stupid or too blind to see what actually happened.

You ignore the possibility that some people do not care about the circumstances, any excuse to attack whites in MAGA hats is good enough for them

Upvote 0

AvilaSurfer

Site Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟937,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You ignore the possibility that some people do not care about the circumstances, any excuse to attack whites in MAGA hats is good enough for them
Oh I don’t think I ignored that possibility. I would include them in the stupid category.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Has the Diocese of Covington apologized to the students for their hastily made statement?
Not yet. They appear to have backed off from condemning the students and now claim they are "gathering facts" and will not comment (again) until their investigation is "complete". Of course it was their rush to judgment that threw these kids under the bus in the first place.

https://www.covdio.org

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There seems to be more to the Covington kerfuffle than meets the eye.
Indeed.

Elder Nathan Phillips is not quite what he seems to be either. For one thing he isn't quite a tribal elder. He is a member of the Omaha tribe, which has land in Nebraska and Iowa. Regarding his vigil in Washington DC I found this:
Omaha tribal Chairman Elmer Blackbird did not return calls seeking comment about Phillips' vigil.

Privately, another tribal leader said Phillips is regarded back in Nebraska as a well-intentioned brother struggling to cope with a troubled childhood. The leader said the Omaha Tribe generally avoids the type of activism Phillips prefers.

"He's just trying to find his way," the leader said. "Let him find it."
That from Who is Nathan Phillips? Years ago, Omaha Tribe member said spiritual journey was grounded in mall prayer vigil

So I'm not sure calling him a tribal elder is at all accurate. That is a position among his actual tribe, bestowed by that tribe. He's as old as I am but that doesn't make him an elder. It just makes him older than most. Big difference. He can claim to be a member of the Omaha tribe, and it looks like he actually is, but it's for the Omaha tribe to call him an elder.

Upvote 0