United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
*You are in the Catholic forum*

The incident with the boys from Covington Catholic at March for Life echoes ominously in our culture. It indicates the fragility of our society and the divisions that run deep in our country. It reveals the levels of rage and blame in our society and there are several problems with what happened: First of all, the mainstream media jumped on the story and promoted the anti-Catholic...

Continued below.
https://dwightlongenecker.com/covington-catholic-rage-and-civil-war/

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you read where this elder has someone if a confrontational history himself?
I saw the 2nd video. It was clear to me that older adults were attacking the youngs boys in an attempt to illicit a response.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm tired of the way these news organizations skew everything favoring the narrative they want to get out there. The whole thing is just ugly and unnecessary. But you got one side screaming at these white kids to go back to Europe, etc. The Black Hebrews spewing their bile. And HS kids and their idea of being challenged. Everyone, and I mean everyone in this situation and the biased and dishonest reporting of this situation should be ashamed. It's propaganda. The knee jerk reactions and using these situations to further their ideology is just utterly sickening imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I'm tired of the way these news organizations skew everything favoring the narrative they want to get out there. The whole thing is just ugly and unnecessary. But you got one side screaming at these white kids to go back to Europe, etc. The Black Hebrews spewing their bile. And HS kids and their idea of being challenged. Everyone, and I mean everyone in this situation and the biased and dishonest reporting of this situation should be ashamed. It's propaganda. The knee jerk reactions and using these situations to further their ideology is just utterly sickening imo.

Michie, it is not going to stop. They would destroy these boys if they had a chance.they have no moral compass.

I grew submerged in Catholicism and half of all my friends and peers were Catholic educated. I knew as soon as I read the story that it smacked of bias and outright lies. Catholic boys usually have decent moral compasses.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,679,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the fact that teenagers are not exactly mature. The brain is not even fully developed yet. I think between all the groups, they felt challenged. I'm not making excuses but seriously, they were not the adults in the situation.
Michie, it is not going to stop. They would destroy these boys if they had a chance.they have no moral compass.

I grew submerged in Catholicism and half of all my friends and peers were Catholic educated. I knew as soon as I read the story that it smacked of bias and outright lies. Catholic boys usually have decent moral compasses.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I saw video of Black Israelites, a group claiming that Africans are the lost tribes of Israel, were harassing the boys before the Native Americans came over, that video was taken down but even if it was not I could not post it here for the language the Black Israelites used

The boys started school cheers to drown out the hate speech that was being directed at them (both white and black students)
After that the Native Americans walked into the middle of the group of students

I have tried correcting people on Facebook but I think I have lost some friends over this

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,158.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ridiculous leftist media. Why did they pick on some Catholic boys for some behaviours that are typical of normal boys?? If those boys were from Greenpeace or Planned Parenthood, then they'd be ignored.

They were not, they just participated in the Pro life March, perhaps that's why.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beloved2018

Theotokos, Pregnant With Christ, Save Us!
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
KY
✟54,640.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I find it disturbing that the school offered an apology so quickly, before all the facts were out. I feel like an injustice was committed not only toward the boys, but the toward the Faith as well. The school used the Church's moral teaching to cover their backsides.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
I find it disturbing that the school offered an apology so quickly, before all the facts were out. I feel like an injustice was committed not only toward the boys, but the toward the Faith as well. The school used the Church's moral teaching to cover their backsides.

This shows the school leadership is weak.

Upvote 0