COVID19 false positives

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So just a couple weeks ago, my neighbor's two young high school aged daughters had to get tested for COVID19 as one of the requirements to going back to school. They get to the testing center and complete the registration paperwork. However, after discovering that it was going to be a four hour wait, they decided to leave without getting tested. So it was an absolute shock to them to find a letter in the mail that they both tested positive for COVID19. A test they never taken!

What is going on?

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
So just a couple weeks ago, my neighbor's two young high school aged daughters had to get tested for COVID19 as one of the requirements to going back to school. They get to the testing center and complete the registration paperwork. However, after discovering that it was going to be a four hour wait, they decided to leave without getting tested. So it was an absolute shock to them to find a letter in the mail that they both tested positive for COVID19. A test they never taken!

What is going on?

What's going on is you are posting personal anecdotes we have no way of verifying, and then somehow trying to extrapolate them to the general population. Were your neighbor's two young high school aged daughters arrested for truancy for not getting the test that they were required to get to go to school? How did the parents feel about their two young high school aged daughters deciding to just not go to school? Is there any chance that perhaps the two young high school aged daughters are behaving like a pair of young school aged girls and not being entirely truthful?

Quite a lot could be going on it seems.

Meanwhile my neighbor died from COVID19, after testing positive for it!

What's going on?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What's going on is you are posting personal anecdotes we have no way of verifying, and then somehow trying to extrapolate them to the general population. Were your neighbor's two young high school aged daughters arrested for truancy for not getting the test that they were required to get to go to school? How did the parents feel about their two young high school aged daughters deciding to just not go to school? Is there any chance that perhaps the two young high school aged daughters are behaving like a pair of young school aged girls and not being entirely truthful?

Quite a lot could be going on it seems.

Meanwhile my neighbor died from COVID19, after testing positive for it!

What's going on?
Wow, is this waaaay out of line. Ridiculous assumptions and accusations.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not him, you

Then explain it to me. The US is still debating whether schools should even open and yet these two students were (somehow) notified that the school that might not even open needs a COVID test, so they went and after 4 hours in line thought "to heck with it, even though we have been here 4 hours and even though this is a requirement for us to go to school and even though, since all we have done is wait in line no-one has taken down any of our details because we're just standing here, waiting in line.. So we'll just go home and not get the mandatory test we need to go to the school that might not be open and then some indeterminate time later a letter arrived saying we were COVID positive.

None, literally none, of the OP makes a lick of sense. It does, however, sound exactly like a story a couple of young girls would tell.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know right? That was the point I was trying to make.
Reread my post. I made no accusations or assumptions. Only stated what was brought to my attention and shared it with you.

Edit: And by the way, in case you didn't know, COVID19 tests are done at multiple locations all throughout the week. So just because they opted not to wait 4 hours on that particular day does it mean they never intended to be tested at a later time.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then explain it to me. The US is still debating whether schools should even open and yet these two students where (somehow) notified that the school that might not even open needs a COVID test, so they went and after 4 hours in line thought "to heck with it, even though we have been here 4 hours and even though this is a requirement for us to go to school and even though, since all we have done is wait in line no-one has taken down any of our details because we're just standing here, waiting in line.. So we'll just go home and not get the mandatory test we need to go to the school that might not be open and then some indeterminate time later a letter arrived saying we were COVID positive.

None, literally none, of the OP makes a lick of sense.
Individual cities and school districts are already announcing plans in many places. The larger cities near me have. I just attended a virtual town hall about that very thing tonight.

I have heard several similar anecdotal accounts. The OP drew no conclusions and definitely did not "extrapolate them to the general population" he only asked a simple question. You on the other hand did exactly what you accused him of doing.

Note where the OP says "They complete the registration paperwork"... (did you actually take time to carefully read the OP?)

These tests might be mandatory for returning to school, but they can go to the testing center at their convenience. Registering and then coming back at another time is totally normal. It happens at the DMV all the time. Register, but come back at a time when it is not as busy. My wife recently did that very thing.

Then there's the personal attacks on a family you know nothing about... absolutely uncalled for.

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

savedthroughgrace

Aug 21, 2018
South
✟34,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then explain it to me. The US is still debating whether schools should even open and yet these two students were (somehow) notified that the school that might not even open needs a COVID test, so they went and after 4 hours in line thought "to heck with it, even though we have been here 4 hours and even though this is a requirement for us to go to school and even though, since all we have done is wait in line no-one has taken down any of our details because we're just standing here, waiting in line.. So we'll just go home and not get the mandatory test we need to go to the school that might not be open and then some indeterminate time later a letter arrived saying we were COVID positive.

None, literally none, of the OP makes a lick of sense. It does, however, sound exactly like a story a couple of young girls would tell.

Many school districts in my area have already decided on having school, and what precautions they will take. "The US" is not still deciding in whether or not they will have school. Certain places in the US are.
And I have also heard many anecdotes like this one. Are they all true? Probably not. Is it worth making a mental note of? Yes, unless you only want to take in information you like.

Imagine trusting and never questioning what you are told by "officials".

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Individual cities and school districts are already announcing plans in many places. The larger cities near me have. I just attended a virtual town hall about that very thing tonight.

I have heard several similar anecdotal accounts. The OP drew no conclusions and definitely did not "extrapolate them to the general population" he only asked a simple question. You on the other hand did exactly what you accused him of doing.

Note where the OP says "They complete the registration paperwork"... (did you actually take time to carefully read the OP?)

These tests might be mandatory for returning to school, but they can go to the testing center at their convenience. Registering and then coming back at another time is totally normal. It happens at the DMV all the time. Register, but come back at a time when it is not as busy. My wife recently did that very thing.

Then there's the personal attacks on a family you know nothing about... absolutely uncalled for.
Yes. This was exactly the case. And the point of the thread is to have a discussion about the experience to see if anyone else have had any similar experiences or may know of similar situations.

Now this is just a rumor that I heard from a coworker. Supposedly, during some investigation, 10 sterile tests (tests that were never actually used) were sent to our local lab and 8/10 tested positive for COVID19. Again, that was just hearsay, but I am curious if anyone have heard of anything similar.

Reactions: topher694
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow, is this waaaay out of line. Ridiculous assumptions and accusations.

Not assumptions. Speculations. Teenagers do what teenagers do. I should know. I taught teens for 40 years and raised two of my own until I had my obligatory nervous breakdown.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not assumptions. Speculations. Teenagers do what teenagers do. I should know. I taught teens for 40 years and raised two of my own until I had my obligatory nervous breakdown.
Yeah, this reads as "speculation"
How did the parents feel about their two young high school aged daughters deciding to just not go to school?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single

What is going on?
I've read about this happening elsewhere, too. At least in the following account, the testing process is being blamed for this kind of thing:

"‘This is part of the testing mechanism problem. People are sitting in their cars, sometimes for hours, or standing in line, six feet apart sometimes for hours. You’re registered though, you’re number 15 in line, and you are Jay Wolfson. If Jay Wolfson says he can’t wait any longer and he leaves, it will get number 15 and now get Rebecca Fernandez, who was standing behind him, and she tests positive, and then everyone from then on gets the wrong results. There has to be a better way to do this,’ explained Dr. Jay Wolfson, Public Health & Medicine Professor for the University of South Florida."

(Source: Concerns arise as some receive positive COVID-19 results but never got tested)

-

• Informative
Reactions: Oompa Loompa
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then there's the story about friends if mine who had one small child but while giving birth to another left the small child with a grandparent.
They came home from the hospital with the baby and all was well...they got their son from grandparents and all were healthy...for two days till it was realized that son got Covid-19 from grandparents and gave it to parents and new baby sister.
Then, eventually, baby sister died.

Yeah...that's a great story isn't it?

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would you say that?
Sarcasm...

I seen someone yesterday wearing a mask made out of underwear and they had dyed a spot brown right where it hit their mouth.

He was ranting and raving about having to comply with the city ordinance of mask wearing.

Just answering sarcasm with sarcasm.

False positives are obviously false.
There's many ways to take a test...and there's nothing free out there. Parents can get a home test to mail in... that isn't difficult but it does cost something. Four hour wait times? That's ridiculous. I would've left and come back without signing in or made sure that I was signed out...

There's probably a reason to the false report... maybe mom and/or attendants were "Karens" and did something to get petty about it all. Wouldn't put it past anyone these days.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sarcasm...

I seen someone yesterday wearing a mask made out of underwear and they had dyed a spot brown right where it hit their mouth.

He was ranting and raving about having to comply with the city ordinance of mask wearing.

Just answering sarcasm with sarcasm.

False positives are obviously false.
There's many ways to take a test...and there's nothing free out there. Parents can get a home test to mail in... that isn't difficult but it does cost something. Four hour wait times? That's ridiculous. I would've left and come back without signing in or made sure that I was signed out...

There's probably a reason to the false report... maybe mom and/or attendants were "Karens" and did something to get petty about it all. Wouldn't put it past anyone these days.
Any and all statements on the web and in the news could be false. Every post in this thread could be a boldfaced lie, including yours.

Or maybe not.

Given that some seem to be oddly triggered by the topic of the OP, let's nip this in the bud with a little refresher course, shall we?

There are reports of people getting COVID and dying from it.

There are also reports of people getting COVID and not only surviving it, but just barely even realizing they had it.

There are also reports of people getting false positive results when they never took the test.

In case it wasn't clear, this thread is about reports of people getting false positive results when they never took the test.

Please note that post #16 contains a report indicating that this last scenario is a thing, and there's at least one explanation as to why this is a thing.

Thank you.

-

Upvote 0