✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quite a lot of new stuff in this new research report:

I'll give the headline bullet points, but it's got more detail and nuance in the article also, so it's worth a look for those interested in this topic of how Covid may affect possibly up to several million Americans longer term.

• Neurologic complications from COVID-19 are common and can range from decreased mental clarity to stroke.
  • A recent perspective article outlines what we know about these complications so far.
  • The authors explain how prior assumptions that the virus directly affected brain cells have been disproven.
  • Instead, nervous system injury is likely a result of severe inflammation and neurovascular injury.
  • Neurologic insults from SARS-CoV-2 infection could increase the incidence and severity of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, in future generations.
  • and many additional details, including on Long Covid

How does COVID-19 affect the brain? (medicalnewstoday.com)

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Putin -- could it be that Putin is suffering mental effects not only from old grievances (likely including then projections from his early life transferred onto modern targets), but also physical ones, even from Covid effects? Unknown. But, these insights into his visibly changed behavior brought the effects of Covid on the brain to mind, even though it's only a speculative guess.
(Notice in the video the striking physical separation for one thing... if it's in this particular video, he's sitting maybe 25 feet(!) from the closest person; at first I thought about maybe he's afraid of assassins, but it could be also include covid induced paranoia)

But listen to what these 2 analysts are saying, in the video, one starting around the 9:15 time mark, and the other analyst also getting to talk about Putin's behavior starting about the 13:00 minute mark.

I've tried to set the time mark near the 9:10 or 9:15 mark, but you can slide the time slider to then also:

9:15 and 12:00, 13:00, and then again at about 29:45 and after ("Putin is done")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Putin -- could it be that Putin is suffering mental effects not only from old grievances (likely including then projections from his early life transferred onto modern targets), but also physical ones, even from Covid effects? Unknown.

Unknown... but it seems more likely that he's simply an autocratic megalomaniac.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unknown... but it seems more likely that he's simply an autocratic megalomaniac.
I pointed out the interesting and non trivial changes in his personality, as talked about in the video, and you could hear those sections in just 3-4 minutes I think, if you slide the slider right to them.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,854.00
Faith
Atheist
Putin -- could it be that Putin is suffering mental effects not only from old grievances (likely including then projections from his early life transferred onto modern targets), but also physical ones, even from Covid effects? Unknown. But, these insights into his visibly changed behavior brought the effects of Covid on the brain to mind, even though it's only a speculative guess.
(Notice in the video the striking physical separation for one thing... if it's in this particular video, he's sitting maybe 25 feet(!) from the closest person; at first I thought about maybe he's afraid of assassins, but it could be also include covid induced paranoia)

But listen to what these 2 analysts are saying, in the video, one starting around the 9:15 time mark, and the other analyst also getting to talk about Putin's behavior starting about the 13:00 minute mark.

I've tried to set the time mark near the 9:10 or 9:15 mark, but you can slide the time slider to then also:

9:15 and 12:00, 13:00, and then again at about 29:45 and after ("Putin is done")
Here's an interesting analysis from a Russian-Ukranian who's been following Putin for a while, talking about his change in behaviour after the Crimea invasion, when his sense of mission to rebuild the Russian Imperial state began to emerge, what he thinks of the Russian and Ukranian people, how he'll respond to setbacks, his likely attitude to nuclear weapons, and so on:

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Las Vegas struggles with rising violence in schools

In one of the fights that was all over the local news, a father of a Desert Oasis student could be seen right in the middle taking swings.

"Listen, our principal and our teachers should not be jumping on top of a parent to stop him from beating a student," Morgan says. "There's no world where that is OK, there's just not."

In the world of Vegas, violence has long been a problem. The mafia put this town on the map, after all. But since the pandemic, things have been especially tense, with violent threats, harassment, theft, assaults and guns increasingly spilling into places many once thought safe.

Indeed, the trauma at Desert Oasis is hardly an isolated incident in the sprawling Clark County Schools District, the nation's fifth largest, home to some 305,000 students. District officials and police report an uptick in violence ever since returning to in-person learning last fall. There have been roughly 8,300 calls from Clark County schools to police dispatch reporting incidents of violence, up by some 1,300 compared to the entire 2018-2019 school year.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Las Vegas struggles with rising violence in schools

In one of the fights that was all over the local news, a father of a Desert Oasis student could be seen right in the middle taking swings.

"Listen, our principal and our teachers should not be jumping on top of a parent to stop him from beating a student," Morgan says. "There's no world where that is OK, there's just not."

In the world of Vegas, violence has long been a problem. The mafia put this town on the map, after all. But since the pandemic, things have been especially tense, with violent threats, harassment, theft, assaults and guns increasingly spilling into places many once thought safe.

Indeed, the trauma at Desert Oasis is hardly an isolated incident in the sprawling Clark County Schools District, the nation's fifth largest, home to some 305,000 students. District officials and police report an uptick in violence ever since returning to in-person learning last fall. There have been roughly 8,300 calls from Clark County schools to police dispatch reporting incidents of violence, up by some 1,300 compared to the entire 2018-2019 school year.

This is actually before the big riot of 2023.
1303f54a79ed65c809280fb21df8b32d.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I pointed out the interesting and non trivial changes in his personality, as talked about in the video, and you could hear those sections in just 3-4 minutes I think, if you slide the slider right to them.

If Vladimir Putin's mental state is deteriorating -- either because of Covid or other reasons -- then the Russian government needs to remove him from power and replace him. Anything less and it's merely a convenient excuse.

It seems unlikely that Russia has an equivalent of our 25th Amendment, but Russian politics being what they are, I imagine a .45 is their usual solution for such problems.

Upvote 0