Lompoc
✟16,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oddly, I see as part of the policy for this forum, that any posts that deny the existence of Covid-19 will not be tolerated. I find this interesting in that I was banned from Rapture.com's forum for just talking about Covid 19. As if that wasn't enough, they then turned around sold my contact information to micro marketers for profit. I couldn't believe it!! A so called trusted source of information censored me, banned me and then violated there own ethics policies for money. Yes I have proof, this is all true if anyone cares to see. This is so sad, great articles from Damien Duck, Jan Markell and others... as I will never use that site ever again.
Regardless, it gave me some hope to see a policy statement that wont tolerate what other (self proclaiming) Christian sites are banning people for.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Oddly, I see as part of the policy for this forum, that any posts that deny the existence of Covid-19 will not be tolerated. I find this interesting in that I was banned from Rapture.com's forum for just talking about Covid 19. As if that wasn't enough, they then turned around sold my contact information to micro marketers for profit. I couldn't believe it!!
ok so note to self - beware of rapture.com

Let's say someone denied the existance of the flu virus - would you view that a good thing or a bad thing?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Let's say someone denied the existance of the flu virus - would you view that a good thing or a bad thing?
hmmm... is that for another thread/ forum?
Look up when you have time "the virus theory" for a year's worth of information.
Maybe more. Might lead to healing ?

Upvote 0

pencile

Jan 12, 2023
Lompoc
✟16,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to get DE platformed again.. So I'll try to be careful in how I say this.... But.. Censorship, no matter what color you call it has only one path. Either your an open forum platform or you have an open forum agenda. Seems to be lot that going around these days, especially with religious rights being constantly challenged. We stop one, but there's 10,000 just waiting to see how much farther it can go. Its like swatting flies. Just the sign of the times my friend... Prophecy leaping out of bible!

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The problem is in this case free speech can kill people. It did to a close friend of mine. He ignored Covid info since it began and was convinced it was some sort of tyrranical conspiracy. Every week he had new opinions on it and NEVER addressed the rubbish he had previously predicted and explained that never panned out. No one could talk to him about anything that wasn't completely in agreement with his train of thought. He'd fly off into a rage. I found this very curious because before he got into conspiracy stuff he never did that. He listened. He weighed people's opinions. He gave his input not expecting it to be excepted immediately and universally. Then he got sucked down the rabbit hole. That's the thing with conspiracists: They are never accountable. They live in a fog of delusion. Its one thing not to trust every word you hear in the mainstream media and research things you're interested in. Then you may find news reports have been less than comprehensive. Its quite another to spew rubbish so people don't take precautions. My friend got Covid and was dead in just a few days. He was obese, a heavy alcohol drinker, never exercised, in his 60's. Poof....now he's gone. Many, many Covid deniers have met the same outcome. They are NOT healthy, they do NOT have a robust immune system, so when that vaccine hits their unvaccinated bodies they sucomb very rapidly.

There are basically 2 reasons people are anti-vax.

One is they think its some governmental control which I'm pretty sure most rational minds would have written off by now since they are eliminating Covid restrictions as soon as they can. In our city there really aren't any right now. (But of course they never talk about that!).

The other is for health. Now in fairness we've all seen MANY instances of things being pulled from the market after people have been exposed to them for months, years or decades. How about Johnson's Baby Powder? Has even a single person never used it? The point is we don't know how safe things are and won't know for a very long time. Have their been vaccine that have been pulled or withdrawn in the past? Of course. So we don't know.

But what we DO know is millions would have died if we hadn't have vaccinated a lot of people. Look at the data from all over the world and you see in developed countries about 80% were vaccinated yet most that died were not vaccinated. Let's look at the numbers as a lot of people seem to be weak in math.
Say 80% of the population is vaccinated and of the people that died of Covid, 40% were vaccinated and 60% were not.
If the vaccine had no effect you'd expect that 80% of the people that died would be vaccinated because that's the percentage that have been vaccinated in the population there. If if its 40% it means its halving your chance of death. That translates into a LOT of people not dying.
The vaccine is designed to REDUCE deaths and severe outcomes, not eliminate them. Its merely upping your chances of survival.

So if you're very health conscious, haven't recently had antibiotics which wrecks your immune system for a while, do NOT live or work with elderly or immune compromised people and don't socialize with them at all, then it makes more sense to delay or refuse it. But I'd say the percentage of people that fall into this category is probably about 1 in a thousand.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟52,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
He was obese, a heavy alcohol drinker, never exercised, in his 60's. Poof....now he's gone.
So, actually, whatever the percentages, there were about sixteen different things that could have ended his life suddenly, and maybe twenty four or more that he might have been suffering with for years wittingly or unwittingly, knowingly or unknowingly... ? In any case , it appears some of what he did to himself was harmful to his health, and some of the things he listened to might have influenced him one way or another .... I wander... or wonder... did he look into the virus theory ? Did anyone ?

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, actually, whatever the percentages, there were about sixteen different things that could have ended his life suddenly, and maybe twenty four or more that he might have been suffering with for years wittingly or unwittingly, knowingly or unknowingly... ? In any case , it appears some of what he did to himself was harmful to his health, and some of the things he listened to might have influenced him one way or another .... I wander... or wonder... did he look into the virus theory ? Did anyone ?
Yes he didn't take care of himself. Like almost ALL anti-vaxxers. Many smoke as well which is a veritable death sentence with Covid. Of course Covid piggybacks on our other problems. But just think about this: He was dead in 4 days after first coming down with it. 4 days. He'd been obese and drinking for decades. Decades vs 4 days.

Virus theory? What planet are you living on? A theory that has killed 6 million? That is one POWERFUL theory. A theory that wipes out all the elderly people in a family? Has any flu in our lifetime ever done that?

My point is he didn't take any precautions. Not just vaccination which would have undoubtedly saved him. But he didn't avoid people, didn't social distance, mingled with strangers indoors, took zero precautions. And he blamed the government and "world control" for everything. He was convinced that as soon as they clamped down on our freedoms we would never return to normal. And when things returned to normal he never ever admitted he was wrong. Not one iota. That is so typical of conspiracists. They're living in their own delusional world with no accountability at all. Where they come to snap conclusions on sparse amounts of evidence. If you ask them a specific question they look at you with a blank stare. These are people with very poor levels of discernment who are influenced mainly by videos. When you send them scientific data they ignore it because its MSM/the establishment, bent on our destruction.

What I'm curious about is where were these people in society a few decades ago, before the internet? Art Bell really started this type of snap conclusion thinking with his late night talk show. Then the internet took over and people realized they could make copious amounts of money spewing nonsense if only they could get people to watch. Views = $.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't want to get DE platformed again.. So I'll try to be careful in how I say this.... But.. Censorship, no matter what color you call it has only one path. Either your an open forum platform or you have an open forum agenda. Seems to be lot that going around these days, especially with religious rights being constantly challenged. We stop one, but there's 10,000 just waiting to see how much farther it can go. Its like swatting flies. Just the sign of the times my friend... Prophecy leaping out of bible!
Great. You're not being censored. Now say something constructive about Covid. Because there are a lot of people that have died because they were lied to and they believed it and took no precautions.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Let's say someone denied the existence of the flu virus - would you view that a good thing or a bad thing?
Great point. You wonder just how much they disbelieve. Its called a microscope. We see things with it. If they're really small we use an electron microscope. Basically I think this is a group of people that like to blame others and never take responsibility for their own issues. Because that's easier than making a change in their own life. We all resist change.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is in this case free speech can kill people.
Free speech always has that potential. So does restricted speech. It goes both ways. Free speech has the premise that people can make up their own minds about things. Restricted speech has the premise that people mindlessly do what they're told. The thing about restricted speech is that even when the intent is to serve the greater good, it tends to end up serving an ideology or person or party. As an example, I suggest looking at the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 and how they were used by John Adams and the Federalist Party.

When people make up their own minds about things, not everyone will come to the same conclusions as you. And yes, the conclusions that some people make can have detrimental effects. Yet if we are to be a free people, we have to be free to come to bad conclusions as well as sound ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Free speech always has that potential. So does restricted speech. It goes both ways. Free speech has the premise that people can make up their own minds about things. Restricted speech has the premise that people mindlessly do what they're told. The thing about restricted speech is that even when the intent is to serve the greater good, it tends to end up serving an ideology or person or party. As an example, I suggest looking at the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798 and how they were used by John Adams and the Federalist Party.

When people make up their own minds about things, not everyone will come to the same conclusions as you. And yes, the conclusions that some people make can have detrimental effects. Yet if we are to be a free people, we have to be free to come to bad conclusions as well as sound ones.
I guess what we worry about today is people are so easily swayed by lies online. And general literacy is getting worse every year. Videos can be very persuasive. So a lot more people are more vulnerable than ever before. I guess the antichrist won't have much of a problem influencing the world when its his time to shine. Your points are sound though. I've seen what I presumed were rational people make the dumbest decisions imaginable when it comes to Covid. And they paid a dear price for it. Yet they never seem capable of admitting their error. That's the real worry. Its their obstinate nature that is reinforced by the conspiracy websites. They all talk in future tense, never taking accountability for their ludicrous predictions of the past that didn't come anywhere near close to coming true.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The charges you place against "online" are no different than those placed against newspapers in centuries past. Thomas Jefferson had some pithy things to say about the information found in newspapers and he would have known - he hired John Callendar to smear John Adams, and later Callendar turn his talents against him. If you look at public records of that era, you'll often find signatures consisting of an "X" and the notation "His mark" or "Her mark." And yet we're to believe our society is less literate than theirs?

It's worth noting that the same man who railed against newspapers also supported freedom of speech. Since people over two centuries past were also subject to spin and slur and falsehoods yet held to the freedom of speech, how can we argue otherwise?

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The charges you place against "online" are no different than those placed against newspapers in centuries past. Thomas Jefferson had some pithy things to say about the information found in newspapers and he would have known - he hired John Callendar to smear John Adams, and later Callendar turn his talents against him. If you look at public records of that era, you'll often find signatures consisting of an "X" and the notation "His mark" or "Her mark." And yet we're to believe our society is less literate than theirs?

It's worth noting that the same man who railed against newspapers also supported freedom of speech. Since people over two centuries past were also subject to spin and slur and falsehoods yet held to the freedom of speech, how can we argue otherwise?
Good points! It just seems that people were a lot smarter back then when you read old newspapers and especially books from previous times where the writing is on such a high level on average. Maybe we placed higher priority on reading in school. So many people today can't string together even a few written words in any comprehensible order. Reading comments on general news forums gives a sobering perspective on today's general literacy in North America. I'm sure in the UK its far better. I suspect Australia and New Zealand are similar to North America.

Upvote 0

pencile

Jan 12, 2023
Lompoc
✟16,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's the point exactly.. I don't want to sound callus here but when Billy Gates of hell stands up in and tells you that's he's going to kill you and he is going to do by way of vaccine... Maybe you should listen?? Also common sense here.. When was the last time any virus was cured? Yet this one will be.... and in only 90 days... Helllo?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,048,570.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oddly, I see as part of the policy for this forum, that any posts that deny the existence of Covid-19 will not be tolerated. I find this interesting in that I was banned from Rapture.com's forum for just talking about Covid 19.
Were you talking about it or were you saying that it doesn't exist?

Talking about Covid 19, as a virus, treatment etc, is ok.
Denying that this virus, which has killed many and caused distress and suffering, exists is not ok and will probably get you suspended/banned.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's the point exactly.. I don't want to sound callus here but when Billy Gates of hell stands up in and tells you that's he's going to kill you and he is going to do by way of vaccine... Maybe you should listen?? Also common sense here.. When was the last time any virus was cured? Yet this one will be.... and in only 90 days... Helllo?
No one every claimed the virus would be cured. The claim was that the spread could be slowed or stopped, which is something quite different.

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are living in a world of lies and delusion. So when did Bill Gates say he's going to kill us via vaccine? (Conspiracists are quick to make allegations and long on substantiated proof. But let's see if Pencile can buck the trend. Surprise us!)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.