Couple discovered a 30 year old connection...

Scottish Knight

Veteran
Feb 17, 2010
Scotland
✟10,580.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Just thought this was a nice story so I though I'd post it...

"STUNNED Richard Morwood has discovered his missus is the same girl whose message in a bottle he answered 30 years ago.

Mandy English was just 13 when she hurled the note requesting a penpal into the sea during a 1979 school trip to Scotland.

Two years later Richard, then just six, spotted the glass bottle on the beach and sent a reply by postcard.
Mandy never wrote back because of the age difference.

But while sorting through keepsakes last week, she found the 1981 card and realised its schoolboy sender had the same name as Richard, her boyfriend since last June.

She asked the road maintenance worker, now 36, if he remembered the message in the bottle - and it suddenly dawned on them that they had "met" before.

Mandy, now a 44-year-old mum of three, said: "It was amazing. I then realised he was the little lad who sent me that lovely postcard all those years ago. I was so shocked I nearly passed out.
Fate

"It's crazy that it was Richard who wrote to me. It's not like we've lived all our lives near each other. We grew up hundreds of miles apart."

Richard, from Motherwell, found the message on the shore during a family holiday at Carradale in Argyll, Scotland.

He moved to Hull, East Yorks, in 2003 and by pure chance met Mandy, of nearby Beverley, with neither aware of their '80s childhood encounter.
Richard said: "When Mandy asked if I remembered sending a postcard, I said I had a vague recollection of finding the message, then my mum coaxing me into writing back.

"I couldn't believe it when Mandy told me SHE was the one who had put the message in the bottle. It's bizarre.

"We definitely think fate brought us together. The most amazing thing is that in 1981 I signed off 'Love Richard' - and, now she's my girlfriend, I really do love her."

Boyfriend discovers partner is girl whose message in a bottle he answered 30yrs ago | The Sun |News

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums