Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not only have the Ten Tribes mingled with every nation, but it has zero spiritual significance, because every nation mingles with every nation.

Exactly. God mingled Israel with the nations, but "not a grain will fall to earth". Christians are also mingled as "the salt" of the earth. Notice in Genesis 49 that the last days prophecies don't pose all of the descendants of Israel as nations. God can bless his people within a nation, or bless the nation on behalf of his people. It is noteworthy that almost everywhere Anglo peoples appear they prosper.

Most of those countries are largely homogeneous ethnically.

It's even "Wednes' Day" or if you prefer "Mercre-Di" ;):eek::rolleyes:o_O

Or "Wodens" (Odin) day (from veneration of the patriarch Dan?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Exactly. God mingled Israel with the nations, but "not a grain will fall to earth". Christians are also mingled as "the salt" of the earth. Notice in Genesis 49 that the last days prophecies don't pose all of the descendants of Israel as nations. God can bless his people within a nation, or bless the nation on behalf of his people. It is noteworthy that almost everywhere Anglo peoples appear they prosper.

Most of those countries are largely homogeneous ethnically.

Or "Wodens" (Odin) day (from veneration of the patriarch Dan?).

I actually agree with you but not in the emotionally charged way some of my old acqauintances put it.

We don't really know what "ethnic" means; there has been continual two way exchange of populations between west and east Europe, Europe and the Near East, the Near East and southern and central Asia, for easily 6,000 years by conventional estimates, and cultural influences are constantly being remixed like pudding ingredients.

Certainly God keeps affection to nations, what's most important is that His people keep their own nations close to Him through their intercessions. Otherwise it won't work.

Whilst I don't think Welsh ARE "the" Cimmerians or the Irish "ARE" Dan it would be strange if there wasn't a chunk of them in them. As a hobby I trace tribe names - fashion probably played a large part and intermarriage mixes a line but - you see I somewhat agree.

(The two tribes are also intermixed e.g one-eighth of my ancestors but - shh!)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually agree with you but not in the emotionally charged way some of my old acqauintances put it.

We don't really know what "ethnic" means; there has been continual two way exchange of populations between west and east Europe, Europe and the Near East, the Near East and southern and central Asia, for easily 6,000 years by conventional estimates, and cultural influences are constantly being remixed like pudding ingredients.

Certainly God keeps affection to nations, what's most important is that His people keep their own nations close to Him through their intercessions. Otherwise it won't work.

Whilst I don't think Welsh ARE "the" Cimmerians or the Irish "ARE" Dan it would be strange if there wasn't a chunk of them in them. As a hobby I trace tribe names - fashion probably played a large part and intermarriage mixes a line but - you see I somewhat agree.

(The two tribes are also intermixed e.g one-eighth of my ancestors but - shh!)

By "not a grain will fall to earth" I believe that God will keep the ethnic purity he desires in the descendants he intends to deal with. We don't know how many (numerically) are needed to fulfill a prophecy or promise. A few are very clear such as Joseph (Ephraim and Manasseh), Judah, Zebulon, Dan, and Benjamin. Others' prophecies are pretty vague.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The "WASP" Nordic Cross flag actually predates the Protestant Reformation and goes back to the Crusades and the flags of the Teutonic Knights and the Kalmar Union. And, of course, the Nordic countries aren't "Anglo-Saxon" so there's that too.

Instead of dragons, the Scandinavian royal banners and Nordic coat of arms and state flags have lions.

Flag_of_the_President_of_Finland.png

Flag of the President of Finland

Finland's "white flag with an upright blue cross" came about by an order from the Russian Orthodox Czar Alexander II. The original red/yellow "Lion Flag" was to defy the Czar's oppression and to assert Finnish national identity. The golden lion itself would appear to be a pagan/Viking Age holdover of Swedish origin.

This is another contemporary (1906) version of my avatar

Suomi Neito 1906.jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
The Welsh flag has a griffin, not a dragon. A griffin was a common symbol in medieval heraldry.

Dragons have an entirely different meaning in Asian cultures, and are not associated with evil.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Welsh flag has a griffin, not a dragon.
No, it's a dragon. Although they're similar, the griffin has a definite head of an eagle, feathered wings, and none of the reptilian elements showing in the Welsh dragon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No, it's a dragon. Although they're similar, the griffin has a definite head of an eagle, feathered wings, and none of the reptilian elements showing in the Welsh dragon.

I stand corrected.

Though I visited Wales many years ago, I forgot about the symbolism of the dragon as a national emblem. I am not sure as to the reasoning. It's definitely unusual for a European country.

From what I gather on wikipedia, the Welsh dragon predates the widespread Christianization of Britain, and was used as a symbol ever since:

Welsh Dragon - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums