Could the prophet Elijah have altered history if he had NOT........

Could Elijah have altered history for the better?????

• No.... Elijah was perfect like Messiah Yeshua - Jesus and never sinned!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes.... if he had faced Queen Jezebel and done a II King 1 sort of thing!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I sure hope that he does better this time around!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Beginning at the thirty two minute mark in this sermon... there is a fascinating explanation for how our feet must be shod with the Gospel....... (of the kingdom of G-d)...... and how that gospel must be preached at this time in history.........
And the point is made that the Gospel of the Kingdom of G-d is a little different than the Gospel of Jesus because it must include the explanation of how His Kingdom will be set up in the very near future.

Ephesians 6:15
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Genuine peace will be on the earth soon... .but many of us have been taught that the earth will be desolate for the next one thousand years????

Matthew 24

But he that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When therefore ye see the abomination of desolation, which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let him that readeth understand), 16 then let them that are in Judaea flee unto the mountains: 17 let him that is on the housetop not go down to take out things that are in his house: 18 and let him that is in the field not return back to take his cloak.

19 But woe unto them that are with child and to them that give suck in those days!

20 And pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on a sabbath: 21 for then shall be great tribulation, such as hath not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days had been shortened, no flesh would have been saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

The Gospel of the Kingdom of G-d......
talks about exactly how the government of G-d will be set up over all governments on earth. It seems that the Jewish people will recognize the David that is raised up for them as one of theirs....... and he will call Messiah Yeshua - Jesus Lord........
which will bring Judah and Joseph together finally......

Mark 12
And Jesus answered and said, as he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that the Christ is the son of David?

36 David himself said in the Holy Spirit, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Till I make thine enemies the footstool of thy feet.

37 David himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Ezekiel 37
And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, whither they are gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all; and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all; 23 neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will save them out of all their dwelling-places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24 And my servant David shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in mine ordinances, and observe my statutes, and do them.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, they, and their children, and their children's children, for ever: and David my servant shall be their prince for ever.

26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27 My tabernacle also shall be with them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

28 And the nations shall know that I am Jehovah that sanctifieth Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Just as John the Baptist was a separate individual from Elijah......
so also the David who lives in the latter days who is recognized by the Jews
will be a separate person from the original King David who also will be raised up at the first resurrection.

1 Corinthians 15

But now hath Christ been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of them that are asleep.

21 For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But each in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; then they that are Christ's, at his coming.

24 Then [cometh] the end, when he shall deliver up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have abolished all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all his enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be abolished is death.

The two witnesses will be resurrected at the Second Coming... which sure sounds like
Zechariah 14

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
IF... Elijah had faced Queen Jezebel and her armies......
But there are cases when a person backed down from being used by God and then God corrected the person and used him for what he backed down from . . . like how He used Jonah after Jonah backed down from going to Nineveh.

Elijah would need how the Spirit of the LORD filled him and so led him so he could be used like that. He was used against the evil priests, but God did not embolden him against Jezebel. But, even so, God did not excuse him, I can see.

Possibly, the lesson is that a great person can function as great only while God is blessing the person. Also, it might show how Elijah himself was not of an unchanging nature, but could change away as soon as the Spirit of the LORD let up.

This shows we need more than our own free wills, or else we can keep changing around. We need how Jesus growing in us keeps us stable > Galatians 4:19. We need correction of our nature > Hebrews 12:4-11 < so we stay the right way and don't function well only while we are being specially filled by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is always full of the Holy Spirit; so growing in Christ means more and more always living filled.

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Near death experiencers are shown that our actions can change the world and the future for the better.

Sharon Milliman Dennis Tate during my NDE, I was shown how love changes the world. It starts at home and moves outward. I was shown that no matter how big or small the act may be , if it is done out of love, that act is so huge and will move mountains and will change the world. The act may be as simple as fixing a meal for your family, picking up trash along side the road, giving to the beggars on the street corner, or as big as giving an inspirational talk to thousands of people. The point is , whatever you do, do it with love. Then you will change the world, one person at a time. You’d be surprised how quickly your smile can travel around the world in one day and how one kind word can completely change someone’s entire life, thus changing the world.
No, the future is not cast in stone and our actions, thoughts, reactions have such a huge impact on the direction our future goes in. We decide and we create.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
As you may have guesed from my post I think the idea is only usefull in the bathroom.

God is in controll, he doesn't need us to try and engineer the second coming.
Our role is to witness to Jesus.

I am not smart enough or gifted enough yet to really argue against that sermon that I heard back in 1979.........

.... I am worried that G-d has given you and I far, far, far, far, far greater power than we tend to imagine..... to alter the world spiritual atmosphere.......

I am not smart enough to argue with this idea either:

The Future and the Near-Death Experience

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
But there are cases when a person backed down from being used by God and then God corrected the person and used him for what he backed down from . . . like how He used Jonah after Jonah backed down from going to Nineveh.

Elijah would need how the Spirit of the LORD filled him and so led him so he could be used like that. He was used against the evil priests, but God did not embolden him against Jezebel. But, even so, God did not excuse him, I can see.

Possibly, the lesson is that a great person can function as great only while God is blessing the person. Also, it might show how Elijah himself was not of an unchanging nature, but could change away as soon as the Spirit of the LORD let up.

This shows we need more than our own free wills, or else we can keep changing around. We need how Jesus growing in us keeps us stable > Galatians 4:19. We need correction of our nature > Hebrews 12:4-11 < so we stay the right way and don't function well only while we are being specially filled by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is always full of the Holy Spirit; so growing in Christ means more and more always living filled.

And strangely enough.... Jonah running away.... and then getting swallowed by a great fish..... .may have played a huge role in his being listened to by the King of Nineveh......... because he was humbled while he was in the belly of that fish for three days and three nights.........

And for the record... I was taught about a Wednesday crucifixion....... Thursday would be the annual Sabbath the First Day of Unleavened Bread........
on Friday the women prepared the spices for his burial..... on the weekly Sabbath the women rested.........
on Sunday morning the went to the tomb and he was already risen..............

If he rose 72 hours from the time of his burial late Wednesday afternoon .... near sunset........ he would actually be resurrect on Saturday late afternoon..... near sunset.......

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Thrones are only taken by the lawfully occupent or by superior force.

Who is the legal occupent.

Is it not Jesus.

Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is KING of all Kings.... and LORD of all Lords........ and HIGH PRIEST of all High Priests........

but King David is a King........
and will make warfare on behalf of his great, great, great, great..... Grandson!

An Orthodox Jewish scholar and historian has written an article on Messiah son of Joseph / Moshiach ben Yosef that can be profoundly encouraging to everybody in America.......

Please remember.. the author of this article is an Orthodox Jew.... not a Messianic Jew.... but the man is brilliant and thinks of us as his long lost relatives.

Messiah son of Joseph

Since the founding of the State of Israel in 1948 the USA has often helped protect the State of Israel from destruction. The USA has not however really helped Israel expand her borders. On the contrary the USA has often forced Israel to give up territories it had liberated and to constrict her borders, but maybe that will change. Maybe the USA and Britain will help Israel expand her borders in the future as the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH is supposed to do. Ingathers the Exiles “Kol HaTor” says [2.40] “His [i.e. Joseph’s] bow abode in strength” (Genesis 49;24). This should be an important principle for us. We have to stand obstinately strong in the holy work of gathering in the exiles which is the task of the first redeemer [i.e. of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH]. Purifies the Land of Israel “Kol HaTor” says [2.41] “And Joseph was governor over the land” (Genesis 42;6). This means he will overcome all the forces of impurity. This is one of the great tasks of the First Redeemer [of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH]: to extirpate the spirit of impurity from the country by means of settling the Holy Land. When the Holy Land is not settled [with Israelites] a spirit of impurity settles over it. [When the Holy Land is settled with Israelites the Land becomes pure]. Joshua ben Nun Was a Forerunner “Kol HaTor” says [2.44]

The First Redeemer [MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH] fights against Amalek with total warfare…[he fights against the forces of anti-Semitism]. This was the task of Joshua ben Nun who was [a forerunner and ancestor of] the Messiah Son of Joseph. Aroused by Elijah “Kol HaTor” says [2.71] “Behold I will send you my prophet Elijah…and he will return the hearts of the fathers to their sons” (Malachi 4). One of the tasks of Elijah is to arouse the spirit of the MESSIAH SON OF JOSEPH. Comment:

[Malachi 4:5] BEHOLD, I WILL SEND YOU ELIJAH THE PROPHET BEFORE THE COMING OF THE GREAT AND DREADFUL DAY OF THE LORD: [Malachi 4:6] AND HE SHALL TURN THE HEART OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN, AND THE HEART OF THE CHILDREN TO THEIR FATHERS, LEST I COME AND SMITE THE EARTH WITH A CURSE.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
but King David is a King........
and will make warfare on behalf of his great, great, great, great..... Grandson!

David is dead. He will only return when Jesus comes again with all the saints.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

That is what I thought as well....... for about twenty of the forty years that I was a Christian but some NDE accounts have me wondering because.......
they could be the major fulfillment of this promise:

John 16:25

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
some NDE accounts have me wondering

Why? They are not gospel, at best they 'might be' encouraging, at worst down right lies.

You are better off reading the reasonablefaith blog, q+a etc than looking at nde.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
... RAN AWAY from Queen Jezebel and her armies? Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.Would any of you debaters like to elaborate on the theory that this pastor probably put forward?... Multiverse ......
Heresy is heresy, no matter who spreads it. Even if it is called a theory.

Scripture says it is not true wisdom to theorize the past with "what if" and such ...

• Useful
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Personally I find that deeply saddening.
Correct, I agree.
It is I think deceptive, and was proven fraudulent.
It seems many theories posted or published are likewise for purposes of deceiving, without seeking Truth, without repentance.

• Useful
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Correct, I agree.
It is I think deceptive, and was proven fraudulent.
It seems many theories posted or published are likewise for purposes of deceiving, without seeking Truth, without repentance.

My old church taught that they were the best of the best of the best of all churches. Most denominations follow a very similar pattern and strangely enough...... the leaders will try the hardest to demonize the other churches that they perceive as their greatest competition. It is quite similar to how employees at one massive computer company may tend to demonize employees of their leading competitor. We Christians are flawed..... and we are prone to pride...... we do things much like the Scribes and Pharisees who taught that their main competitors John the Baptist and Messiah Yeshua - Jesus were in league with Baalzebub.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Need I read any more of your post ? This premise/ start is not seeming good ....
True.... if your church teaches that it is the best of the best of the best of all Christian Churches..... and if they have a great legal argument to prove that point...... but if they use slander and Wrap up Smear's against competing churches........... That is just what some Rabbi's did to so poison Paul that he held the garments of those who stoned Stephen.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In the time of John the Baptist Elijah was dead....
and only Rabbi Yeshua - Jesus could reveal that John the Baptist was fulfilling the role of Elijah at that time....

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
.....I was introduced to Sunday School when FDR was president. I was familiar with all the hero stories David, Joshua, Samson etc. but I didn't become a Christian until Johnson was President. I have been in ministry since '81.
.....My first experience with a NDE was in an Army Officer advance course in 1971 when another officer in the course talked about his NDE after being wounded in Vietnam. I was very skeptical for a long time.
.....In 2009 I went to a VA hospital for an umbilical hernia which was supposed to be a 45 minute laparoscopic surgery. It quickly went south and turned into a 5 hour open. During the surgery I had acute kidney failure, which resulted in chronic kidney disease stage 3b. I also had atrial fibrillation, ileus, bowel blockage and sepsis, septic contents of the bowel had entered the body cavity.
.....I no longer doubt NDEs. However, some claimed NDEs may be false.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
.....I was introduced to Sunday School when FDR was president. I was familiar with all the hero stories David, Joshua, Samson etc. but I didn't become a Christian until Johnson was President. I have been in ministry since '81.
.....My first experience with a NDE was in an Army Officer advance course in 1971 when another officer in the course talked about his NDE after being wounded in Vietnam. I was very skeptical for a long time.
.....In 2009 I went to a VA hospital for an umbilical hernia which was supposed to be a 45 minute laparoscopic surgery. It quickly went south and turned into a 5 hour open. During the surgery I had acute kidney failure, which resulted in chronic kidney disease stage 3b. I also had atrial fibrillation, ileus, bowel blockage and sepsis, septic contents of the bowel had entered the body cavity.
.....I no longer doubt NDEs. However, some claimed NDEs may be false.
Thank you immensely for this extremely helpful clarification for many of us here!

I do believe that when more Christians become inspired by these accounts.... a great harvest of souls will be brought into the kingdom of heaven.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Heresy is heresy, no matter who spreads it. Even if it is called a theory.

Scripture says it is not true wisdom to theorize the past with "what if" and such ...

Or perhaps near death experience accounts that include a Life Review could be the fulfillment of this extremely important promise made by Messiah Yeshua - Jesus during his ministry as a human in Judaea.

Jhn 16:25

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Upvote 0