✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
FrumiousBandersnatch said:
I don't see it as a game, I see it as a reasonable question in response to a vague claim about my background.

If the offer you made was the suggestion to, "Become a Christian", it seems to me that requires belief, the lack of which is the reason for the questions...
Which you do not comprehend. Talk to me about Quantum Mechanics instead.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
variant said:
Unbridled arrogance. Coming to the conclusion that God doesn't exist doesn't mean you don't understand the subject matter.
Atheism is NOT a conclusion. It is a presumption.

variant said:
Suggesting that anyone who disagrees with you is incapable of understanding Isn't the foundation for ANY discussion, just a massive display of your own intellectual dishonesty.
Your attack on me for disagreeing with your approach is then, what?

What you fail to know, variant, is I've had these sorts of conversations on prior occasions. Many prior occasions. Over the course of my life. They always end the same way, "I don't understand". Which is correct.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
What you fail to know, variant, is I've had these sorts of conversations on prior occasions. Many prior occasions. Over the course of my life. They always end the same way, "I don't understand". Which is correct.
So you frequently have problems making yourself understood? There are many techniques and methods that can help you with communicating more effectively.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We have man-made models, equations and theories which postulate the idea that a thing can both exist and not exist.

Such theories are self-contradictory nonsense masquerading as science in which people abandon reason for a half-glimpsed world of far from perfect measurement.

Postulating anything from them, other than the shoddy state of education, is not possible.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
quatona said:
So you frequently have problems making yourself understood? There are many techniques and methods that can help you with communicating more effectively.
Since you went out of your way to ignore what I said, you are most aware of the reality. Obviously, you choose to deny the reality. There are several treatments and techniques to cure your inability to deal with reality. None of which will interest you, I'm sure.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Atheism is NOT a conclusion. It is a presumption.

No, it's a conclusion, If I had presumed atheism I would have started out as one instead of starting as a theist.

Your attack on me for disagreeing with your approach is then, what?

Oh no, I'm just calling you out. Dialog with someone who doesn't believe in it is fruitless.

If you don't want to have conversations don't begin them and then tell the other person that they can't participate.

If what you wish to do is preach. Take it somewhere besides a discussion board.

Preaching only works on people who recognize your authority on the matter, so, good luck with that. And, it is no wonder you don't get anywhere with unbelievers. It is in fact obvious why you don't.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apr 11, 2003
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, Bandersnatch! I haven't heard anything from you.

And just to satisfy my curiosity, do variant and quatona speak for you? You seem capable of speaking and objecting for yourself.

Upvote 0