Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A well presented, biblical case for how to deal with the virus from Pastor Jeff Durbin.

Should we obey the government if following their orders destroys families by destroying the economy?

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Last edited:

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
From their church site, regarding state-mandated closure:

" We as Elders feel that is our duty before God to make this decision, separate from the State. As of now, we have in no way been mandated to cease from gathering, but if we were, our stance is that it is not their role to make that decision for us."

This is, so far, the only church I've found with this position. Bravo.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Pastor Durbin is a good guy. I listen to his sermons when I can but they tend to be very long and very detailed, so I try to make sure I have time to pay attention not just listen.

The church I attend closed and does a fb stream.

• Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I found myself looking for his church using online maps, but unfortunately it's a little too far for me (Okay, well, it's a lot too far).

I mentioned a couple weeks ago all the churches here in my area were still open.. so I thought I'd tell you, they are now all closed..

We have zero cases of the virus in this entire county, one case one county over and 2 cases two counties over (in two directions)

But, now closed.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟747,724.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I was a little worried about COVID last week but now I see the Chinese are lying (again), Italy lied about their death toll...I don't know who to believe.

A buddy of mine got COVID, he said it sucks, but he's already headed home after only 2 nights in hospital. He looks fine and posted on social media the entire time.

jm

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was a little worried about COVID last week but now I see the Chinese are lying (again), Italy lied about their death toll...I don't know who to believe.

A buddy of mine got COVID, he said it sucks, but he's already headed home after only 2 nights in hospital. He looks fine and posted on social media the entire time.

jm

Good analysis..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums