Convincing people of Christianity outside the Western cultural sphere.

TheLostCoin

A Lonesome Coin
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio
✟234,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's assume that you are evangelizing in a more affluent, suburban / rural area in Taiwan, who are generally very well educated but haven't heard of Christianity.

What would you tell them to convince them that Christianity is True? That Christ was truly God?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Cor 2:4 and my message and my preaching were not in persuasive words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, 5 so that your faith would not rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
but haven't heard of Christianity.

Start with where they are, as most people who aren't lost in the jungle have heard something of Christianity, even if its just christmas.

One needs to understand what they believe and use that as a link into what Christianity teaches.

Upvote 0

TheLostCoin

A Lonesome Coin
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Ohio
✟234,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Start with where they are, as most people who aren't lost in the jungle have heard something of Christianity, even if its just christmas.

One needs to understand what they believe and use that as a link into what Christianity teaches.

Out of the whole population of Taiwan, 81.3% are religious. Only 4% are Christian, and I know that some haven't heard of Christianity. My roommate last year was from Taiwan and he never heard of Christianity until he came to the U.S.

And this doesn't even include those indigenous populations who are isolated from the rest of the world in Africa, etc.

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let's assume that you are evangelizing in a more affluent, suburban / rural area in Taiwan, who are generally very well educated but haven't heard of Christianity.

What would you tell them to convince them that Christianity is True? That Christ was truly God?

I can't say anything to convince them Christianity is true. The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts and converts, not me. My responsibility is to proclaim the gospel and make disciples.

But the gospel does not change, whether in Taiwan, Thailand, Somalia, New Zealand, or Iowa or anywhere else. Jesus came to make dead men live and call people to repent and believe in Him. Mankind's wealth has no meaning to God.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Out of the whole population of Taiwan, 81.3% are religious. Only 4% are Christian, and I know that some haven't heard of Christianity. My roommate last year was from Taiwan and he never heard of Christianity until he came to the U.S.

And this doesn't even include those indigenous populations who are isolated from the rest of the world in Africa, etc.

Regardless of whether they have or have not heard of Christianity. One would still start with what they believe.

Upvote 0