Convicted sex-offender abortionist still practicing

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
[FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49028

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times][FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE] [/FONT] [/FONT] [FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Even though the sex-offender owner of an infamous chain of abortion facilities– which target Spanish-speaking women and accept cash only – has officially surrendered his medical license to the California Osteopathic Board, he is still being allowed to practice for another six weeks. [/FONT]

Donkeytron

Veteran
Oct 24, 2005
✟17,374.00
Faith
Non-Denom
george78 said:
Fallacious logic makes one look foolish. The basic form of this fallacy is:
  1. A makes claim B;
  2. there is something objectionable about A,
  3. therefore claim B is false.
Try again.

No, he was spot on. Any news on the whereabouts of elvis or bigfoot? Last time I checked in with WND I think they were still traveling together.

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
Fallacious logic makes one look foolish. The basic form of this fallacy is:
  1. A makes claim B;
  2. there is something objectionable about A,
  3. therefore claim B is false.
Try again.

Irrelevant. You're misusing this fallacy altogether. Education = Very Yes.

WorldNetDaily has proven itself unreliable, and even absurdly false at times. There's no sane reason to just blindly trust them on this.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
WorldNetDaily has proven itself unreliable, and even absurdly false at times. There's no sane reason to just blindly trust them on this.

You should have picked a different incident.WND was simply re-reporting an incident that did occur.
One that was reported by the "reliable" "mainstream" media.

Note that unlike the "mainstream" media, WND used quotes around the "prophet" monkier, indicating that they do not believe that he really is a prophet that called down UFO's, but rather a con artist that tricked KTNV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophet_Yahweh

May 2005 incident

Yahweh claimed that for 45 days, from June 1 until July 15th, 2005, he would summon a series of UFOs over the city of Las Vegas. In particular one ship would hover directly over the city for a period of two days, in an area where millions of people would be able to witness the craft. This event was referred to as The Descent by Yahweh as it is meant to reveal to the population of Earth that UFOs are real. Following The Descent would come another period of time where the UFOs would land, this time manned by the extraterrestrial beings who had created them, at which point the alien life will make contact with humanity, explain themselves and the Universe to a greater extent, and set up an eternal kingdom on the planet. However, these events never happened.
On May 28, 2005 a news crew from KTNV Channel 13 (a Las Vegas ABC affiliate) met with Prophet Yahweh in order to do a piece for the 11:00 news about his predictions. The piece was to be humorous and skewer Yahweh's far-fetched and seemingly frivolous predictions. The news crew chose the day, time, and location and Prophet Yahweh had no prior knowledge of where or when the event would take place until thirty minutes before. As Prophet Yahweh claimed to be summoning UFOs with KTNV's reporter Mike Dello Stritto near him and a camera-crew taping him, two unidentified objects appeared in the sky. One was a white object that appeared and maneuvered in the sky before disappearing. The second was an orange orb that appeared and made strange maneuvers in the air before disappearing as well. The incident was completely caught on tape and shown on that evening's newscast. The reporter, Stritto, claims that he went into the incident hoping to make light of Yahweh's claims but left impressed and genuinely believing he had seen some sort of unidentified object. KTNV subsequently made calls to Nellis Air Force Base to see if they could account for any aircraft or aerial objects in the area at that time. Nellis never responded.
A few days after the period when his prophecy was supposed to happen, the prophet announced that he was going to begin a 50 State UFO Summoning Tour 2005, during which he would travel to every state in the United States and summon UFOs for media outlets to film and photograph. He claimed to have been abandoned by all of the media in Las Vegas, resulting in the UFOs not coming during the 45 days he had prophesied:
The spaceship would never have appeared if I was not filmed calling it down. This is what the space beings wanted. They wanted me captured on film with their spaceship so everyone would know that these beings have chosen me to speak for them and no other person.The space beings kept their end of the bargain by sending a real UFO, on my signal, that was documented. But, Las Vegas media refused to film me calling down the spaceship. That's why it never happened.

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=26891

Again, are you claiming that an Islam expert didn't warn of nuke terror? They are just re-reporting the info relayed to ANS.

(Three nuclear devices located in the US ? 4 years ago? Why haven't we been blown apart yet?)

Are you claiming that Dr. Morey didn't say what he said?

They also posted false information about 9/11, and were refuted by Popular Mechanics.

First off, it's strange that you would refer to popular mechanics. There were leftists claiming that they are not a reliable news source. Has this now changed?

And again, http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30682

Did you not notice the question mark after the story and the tone of the story? All they are doing is re-reporting quotes and information.

So are you purposely being misleading, or is it an honest mistake?

Did you purposely miss the question mark and tone of the story or was it an honest mistake? Are you making the claim that
Joseph de Courcy didn't say the things that he said?

Again - WorldNetDaily is not a credible source.

Repeating a mantra doesn't make a truth appear.

Try again. You made the same mistake on these three that you made with the first one.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
George, if WND (Hmm....WND...WMD....Interesting) is such a credible source, why doesnt any other news source AT ALL carry any of thier stories?

Ok, you made the statement, now that you are about to be shown that your belief is false, it settles the question once and for all that WND is credible.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49070
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060302/ap_on_go_su_co/scotus_texas_redistricting_12

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49059
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5235000&ft=1&f=1004

Upvote 0
H

Helo

Ok, the first WND article is about Ruth Ginsburg falling asleep and the Yahoo article is about Political Boundaries in Texas. How does that confirm that WorldNutDaily is credible?

Your second WND article and the NPR article actually match (Shockingly enough) yet the WND article claims the charges are false even before the article starts. Thats a HUGE credibility killer. It shows a blindingly clear bias to one side which is NOT the mark of a credible news source. It CANNOT be trusted to provide reliable news

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Net_Daily
World Nut Daily is universally acknowleaged as a bad source of information

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
Again, are you claiming that an Islam expert didn't warn of nuke terror?
No.
They are just re-reporting the info relayed to ANS.
Which was false. Re-reporting false information is the same as posting false information yourself. Just because someone else said it doesn't mean you get an automatic scapegoat. Its called "checking your sources." Most journalists do it, I'd imagine.

The rest follows the same idea.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
Ok, the first WND article is about Ruth Ginsburg falling asleep and the Yahoo article is about Political Boundaries in Texas. How does that confirm that WorldNutDaily is credible?

You have just proven that you don't even read the articles before commenting, if you read the yahoo article, you would have seen this:

The subject matter was extremely technical, and near the end of the argument Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, dozed in her chair. Justices David Souter and Samuel Alito who flank the 72-year-old, looked at her but did not give her a nudge.

You have also proven that you have not even looked at WND's mainpage, for if you did, you would see links to numerous so-called "mainstream" articles.

It CANNOT be trusted to provide reliable news

You keep screaming this, yet it is still untrue.
http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Ruth+Bader+Ginsburg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
Which was false. Re-reporting false information is the same as posting false information yourself. Just because someone else said it doesn't mean you get an automatic scapegoat. Its called "checking your sources." Most journalists do it, I'd imagine.

Here is the entire story in-context:

---------------

[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]He predicted the Sept. 11 attacks, and now Islam expert Dr. Robert Morey warns there are three small nuclear devices within the U.S. on standby for more terror, according to Assist News Service (ANS). [/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"I have Middle Eastern friends throughout the U.S. who continually feed me information as to what the terrorists are up to," Dr. Morey told ANS. "I, in turn, feed that information to the FBI and Naval Intelligence." [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]According to ANS, Dr. Morey first began researching Islam when he was a pastor at New Life Bible Church in central Pennsylvania during the 1980s. His research earned him a doctorate. He has authored over 40 books dealing with false religions, cults and philosophies, and founded the California Institute of Apologetics. His work has garnered him "numerous death threats" and one "clear assassination attempt last November the FBI successfully foiled." One of the Pakistani volunteers in his ministry was discovered to be a secret agent for the Pakistani Secret Service. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"Hamas has me on a death list of people to assassinate in the U.S.," Morey told ANS. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Morey claims a good track record with his gathered intelligence, telling ANS "I've been right so many times the FBI showed up at my house, suspicious as to whether or not I was somehow involved – because I knew too much. I simply pointed out to them they don't have their ear to the ground in the Middle Eastern community." [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"I told them several years ago that Muslim Pakistanis brought into the U.S. a small nuclear device called a 'dirty bomb' through Niagara Falls out of Canada," Morey says. "They are driving this nuclear device in the back of a van or a car waiting for Bin Laden to tell them when it's time to set it off." Morey received the information through Pakistani Christian sources, according to ANS. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]"My contacts now within the intelligence community have leaked to me it is feared there are three such devices in the U.S.," Morey added. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]CNN reports the Bush administration received information last October outlining a plot to smuggle a stolen Russian nuclear weapon into the United States, most likely New York City. The intelligence was deemed "not to be credible" after a polygraph test determined the informant was "bogus," one official told CNN. The perceived threat was one reason the president activated a shadow government, assigning about 100 senior officials to "bunker duty" to keep the government running in the event of a catastrophic attack. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Heightened concern over al-Qaida's progress toward obtaining a nuclear or radiological weapon, reports the Washington Post, prompted the Bush administration to deploy "hundreds of sophisticated sensors since November to U.S. borders, overseas facilities and choke points around Washington." And the Delta Force, the nation's elite commando unit, has been placed on alert to "seize control of nuclear materials that the sensors may detect." [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Dr. Morey points out to ANS, "One would think that if this was not a real threat, the U.S. government wouldn't rush to spend millions of dollars for equipment to protect Washington D.C." [/FONT]

-----------

All they are doing is reporting what Dr. Morey is saying. On top of it, you don't even know the information is false, all you know is that any nukes that might be here have not been used yet. WND didn't say "There are nukes in the U.S. Now" they just said, "here is what one Dr. Morey is warning about."

So your entire premise is either purposely misleading or completely off the mark.

The rest follows the same idea.

Nope, your smear has been exposed.

Upvote 0
H

Helo

You have just proven that you don't even read the articles before commenting, if you read the yahoo article, you would have seen this:

The subject matter was extremely technical, and near the end of the argument Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, dozed in her chair. Justices David Souter and Samuel Alito who flank the 72-year-old, looked at her but did not give her a nudge.

You have also proven that you have not even looked at WND's mainpage, for if you did, you would see links to numerous so-called "mainstream" articles.
Wow. One paragraph. World Nut ran ONE credible story about something that no one even cares about.

You keep screaming this, yet it is still untrue.
Your not doing yourself any favors by this atitude. Many people have clearly demonstrated that WND is not an acceptible source for any serious information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Net_Daily Wikipedia even has an article with details on certain aspects of mis-information that WND has printed as factual. And you yourself used Wikipedia as a source in annother thread so unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot, you CANNOT disregard it

Upvote 0

Ampoliros

May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
george78 said:
All they are doing is reporting what Dr. Morey is saying. On top of it, you don't even know the information is false, all you know is that any nukes that might be here have not been used yet. WND didn't say "There are nukes in the U.S. Now" they just said, "here is what one Dr. Morey is warning about."
Again - repeating false information is the same as lying. If CNN were to post a story entited "Is Bush a Communist?", whereby some expert claims that Bush remains a staunch supporter of Leninism, you most certainly would not be sitting there applauding CNN for their journalistic honesty. The only difference is that WND agrees with your political bent, and you're all too happy to plug your ears and cover your eyes because of that.

And, anyway, the article states that the bombs brought in were dirty bombs - irradiated material with conventional explosive. Anyone with a Geiger counter (which, I'm sure, Homeland security has at least a few) would be able to tell "Hey, that van is pouring out massive amounts of radiation! Maybe we should pull it over!") Besides, the burden of proof is on himn- and he has absolutely no factual data to back it up. And yet, WND runs an article on him, and repeats all his claims for him - quoted, of course.
Nope, your smear has been exposed.
Yet another baseless assertion you've made.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
Wow. One paragraph. World Nut ran ONE credible story about something that no one even cares about.

I want to know if there is a Supreme Court Justice who is so incompetent that they cannot even stay awake during a case.

Your not doing yourself any favors by this atitude. Many people have clearly demonstrated that WND is not an acceptible source for any serious information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Net_Daily Wikipedia even has an article with details on certain aspects of mis-information that WND has printed as factual. And you yourself used Wikipedia as a source in annother thread so unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot, you CANNOT disregard it

I addressed most of the "mis-information" already. In each of the cases WND simply re-reported information that was already avaliable. The UFO story is a perfect example, it's one of the things listed on YOUR link, and it was already debunked here, by me.

I'll do it again, Here is what Wikipedia says:

• WND has also continued unproven claims that "Prophet Yahweh" summoned a UFO and the prophet
"claims to have seen some 1,500 UFOs over the last 25 years and has learned to summon them by reading the Old Testament."[17]
    • There is no proof any person can "summon" one "UFO" (Yahweh refers to the UFOs as spaceships with aliens) nor he could summon 1,500. Yahweh has made biggoted claims about UFOs, the destruction of the white race, and has never conclusively proven any claims. In fact, his summoning can be explained simply as an accomplice launching a balloon in a nearby park.
Here is the WND story:
http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44503

Note that they purposely use quotes around the "prophet" monkier:

------------

[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]An ABC-TV affiliate in Las Vegas broadcast images of a UFO summoned by a self-styled "prophet" who predicts many more will be seen throughout the area next week. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Ramon Watkins, also known as "Prophet Yahweh" agreed to meet with a reporter and camera crew of KTNV at a location of their choice and time. [/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]What they witnessed, and captured on camera, stunned the reporter and crew. Watkins claims to have seen some 1,500 UFOs over the last 25 years and has learned to summon them by reading the Old Testament.[/FONT]

-----------

Did you see the qualifiers in there? Or are you purposely misleading?

WND simply reported what a person claimed about UFO's. They never said that he was able to summon UFOs.

Each of the other cases in YOUR link, fall in exactly the same category.

:D :D :D

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
Again - repeating false information is the same as lying. If CNN were to post a story entited "Is Bush a Communist?", whereby some expert claims that Bush remains a staunch supporter of Leninism, you most certainly would not be sitting there applauding CNN for their journalistic honesty. The only difference is that WND agrees with your political bent, and you're all too happy to plug your ears and cover your eyes because of that.

They are not repeating false information. They are reporting a story.

Once again, The "prophet yahweh" story is a perfect example.

[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]An ABC-TV affiliate in Las Vegas broadcast images of a UFO summoned by a self-styled "prophet" who predicts many more will be seen throughout the area next week. [/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Ramon Watkins, also known as "Prophet Yahweh" agreed to meet with a reporter and camera crew of KTNV at a location of their choice and time. [/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]What they witnessed, and captured on camera, stunned the reporter and crew. Watkins claims to have seen some 1,500 UFOs over the last 25 years and has learned to summon them by reading the Old Testament.

Note the qualifiers and quotation marks. All WND is doing is reporting the facts.

Fact: A self styled prophet claimed to be able to summon UFO's.
[/FONT] Fact: A news crew from KNTV filmed the event and were suprised by it.
Fact: This self styled prophet CLAIMS to have seen hundreds of UFOs.

It's really that simple.

The Bomb story falls into the exact same category.

Fact: Dr.
[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Robert Morey warns there are three nuclear devices in the US.
Fact: [/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Morey claims a good track record with his gathered intelligence
Fact: [/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]CNN reports the Bush administration received information last October outlining a plot to smuggle a stolen Russian nuclear weapon into the United States, most likely New York City. The intelligence was deemed "not to be credible" after a polygraph test determined the informant was "bogus," one official told CNN.
Fact: [/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]Heightened concern over al-Qaida's progress toward obtaining a nuclear or radiological weapon, reports the Washington Post, prompted the Bush administration to deploy "hundreds of sophisticated sensors since November to U.S. borders, overseas facilities and choke points around Washington." And the Delta Force, the nation's elite commando unit, has been placed on alert to "seize control of nuclear materials that the sensors may detect."

[/FONT]
Need I go on?

And, anyway, the article states that the bombs brought in were dirty bombs - irradiated material with conventional explosive. Anyone with a Geiger counter (which, I'm sure, Homeland security has at least a few) would be able to tell "Hey, that van is pouring out massive amounts of radiation! Maybe we should pull it over!") Besides, the burden of proof is on himn- and he has absolutely no factual data to back it up. And yet, WND runs an article on him, and repeats all his claims for him - quoted, of course.

Dr. Morey is claiming they are nuclear devices.

I clearly pointed out each of the qualifiers in WND's story. Nothing in their story can be shown to be a falsehood. We can go line by line if you want.

Upvote 0