Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have not heard whether the idols have been fished out of the river or sank or are by now lost at sea. Or maybe they melted. One can hope.
Wood floats like witches. ;)

Upvote 0

MournfulWatcher

In the beginning was the Word.
Feb 15, 2016
United States
✟110,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So for those who haven't been aware of what's going on, these statues were used in an indigenous ritual that occurred within the Vatican, in which Catholic leaders, including the pope, participated.
"A priestess of some sort was leading the ritual with dance, and participants, including a Franciscan friar, knelt in a circle and prostrated themselves, bowing to the ground with their foreheads before two statues of pregnant naked women. The priestess then shook a maraca in an apparent “blessing” over the whole group, including the pope, who was looking on during the prostration before the nude women statues.
some suggested that perhaps those wooden statues of naked seemingly pregnant women were not pagan idols, but rather depictions of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Elizabeth.

The official story, at least coming from the bishop the Vatican had speaking at the synod’s first press conference, said, well, he didn’t know...that it could have been Mother Earth or the Virgin Mary."

VIDEO: An outrage either way: Pagan idol worship in the Vatican or a nude statue of Our Lady

The statues were then placed within a cathedral alongside controversial posters including one of a naked woman breastfeeding a baby and a weasle. This is the cathedral the dissenters went into to remove the idols.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another take on it, and if you read his earlier material a lot more on Pachamama. I audited a course at the seminary while he was there. And not long after he got kicked out. But then snapped up by a seminary in Rome and ordained by pope John Paul. He is an astute observer of what goes on around the Vatican, much as Ed Pentin and Damian Thompson and Raymond Arroyo are.

VIDEO: Pachamama demon idols take a dive into the Tiber. | Fr. Z's Blog

I have not heard whether the idols have been fished out of the river or sank or are by now lost at sea. Or maybe they melted. One can hope.
Perhaps you would also be interested in this opinion piece.

Is Amazon synod being used by unbelieving clergy to set up a false church?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I do think will happen now, is a brave, determined exodus spiritually from anti-Church back into Tradition for many devout and alert Catholics. Already you see a resurgence of interest in Tradition, the Latin Mass, Marian devotions, the Rosary, Adoration, traditional architectural and artistic beauty, traditional music and chant, and everything that made the Church beautiful, special, and unique for many, many centuries.

The younger people have seen that stripping churches of beauty and form, hiding anything uniquely Catholic, refusing to properly catechize anyone, and departing from Christ and embracing plurality instead, has been simply disastrous, and harmful. Good.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What I do think will happen now, is a brave, determined exodus spiritually from anti-Church back into Tradition for many devout and alert Catholics. Already you see a resurgence of interest in Tradition, the Latin Mass, Marian devotions, the Rosary, Adoration, traditional architectural and artistic beauty, traditional music and chant, and everything that made the Church beautiful, special, and unique for many, many centuries.

The younger people have seen that stripping churches of beauty and form, hiding anything uniquely Catholic, refusing to properly catechize anyone, and departing from Christ and embracing plurality instead, has been simply disastrous, and harmful. Good.
You are advocating for an escape from the sterility that marked so much of the 'spirit of Vatican II stuff. I see some of this and I hope it accelerates. We have seen the failures of sterile modernity. It's time to do something a bit more proven. Bring it on.

As an aside, my son is more traditional minded than I am, and that's great to see. My daughter appreciates it as well. And I think that was because we sent them to a school that valued the tradition, taught them the Latin Mass, and how to sing the rich tradition of Catholic vocal music in multiple languages, not the least of them Latin.

I think anyone who doesn't already have at least a regular hour for adoration is missing out on one of the best hours of the week they could have. I can always think of a reason I don't want to go, but then I go anyway, and it is great.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are advocating for an escape from the sterility that marked so much of the 'spirit of Vatican II stuff. I see some of this and I hope it accelerates. We have seen the failures of sterile modernity. It's time to do something a bit more proven. Bring it on.

As an aside, my son is more traditional minded than I am, and that's great to see. My daughter appreciates it as well. And I think that was because we sent them to a school that valued the tradition, taught them the Latin Mass, and how to sing the rich tradition of Catholic vocal music in multiple languages, not the least of them Latin.

I think anyone who doesn't already have at least a regular hour for adoration is missing out on one of the best hours of the week they could have. I can always think of a reason I don't want to go, but then I go anyway, and it is great.
I am glad to hear that, Chevy! I have noticed that many younger people are the same; they understand what is valuable, and they cherish it.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Pope Francis does not clarify his many odd statements. So we are left with thinking maybe he intended them this way or that way or the other way. But on face value it looks clear that Pachamama has infested the Vatican. Pope Francis himself should have thrown the idols into the Tiber if not burned them himself. Prayers to God requested to remedy this awful mess.

Upvote 0