FL
✟43,854.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I think it is also important not to be too eager to condemn "evident" idolatry (quotes, because what the sculpture or whatever it was has not been objectively defined in its nature, but has been open to many differing interpretations) without also condemning veiled idolatry. A lot of people render God lip service, and even in what they do for Him they sincerely believe that they are actually paying Him true service, but the Lord looks at the heart; and that heart can be very easily deceived into believing that one's personal opinions are equal to God's "opinion."

It should be needless to say (but I know it's needed here) that I do think that the sculpture or whatever it was does not belong in the church. I'm just pointing out at something deeper to which we are also called to reflect on.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
  • Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Well, the New Order religion has finally made more explicitly known its true colours and face; it is this false Sectary and religion that has supplanted the true Remnant of the Body of Christ within the buildings of the Holy Catholic and Apostolic Roman Church is promoted by the current leadership in Rome. All the rubbish that Francis, the Cardinals and Bishops are promoting is contrary to the traditional Catholic Christian faith, contrary to the Catechism, to the Saints and Martyrs, it's high time we recognise this bosh for what it truly is.

If Francis is promoting this: He needs to repent or be deposed. If he refuses to repent he is, according to "Cum Ex Apostalatus" a heretic and non-Catholic, which according to that Papal Bull a heretic cannot be a true and valid pope; hence, if such is the case, Francis is no pope and the Holy See is vacant. Sede Vacante.

I am not pushing this. But rather merely saying, that *IF* Francis is doing this, then this is the result. *If Francis is NOT pushing Idolatry and heresy---- and he desires to promote and believe as a Catholic, then he is quite possibly pope.

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Let me preface my following posting by saying: If I am mistaken, kindly pardon me.

Quite a number of Catholics have to stop excusing the Apostasy and Heresy coming from many within Rome. Popes need to profess, behave like, and act: as genuine Catholic Christians and true Popes profess and behave and act.

If a man sitting upon the Chair of St Peter and saying that he is Bishop of Rome promotes and defends the usage and admittance of Idols and Heathen ceremonies within the Temple(s) of God as good and permissible and not sinful or wrong:

Can such a man be professing and behaving and acting like a Catholic? If a Catholic who does such things is held to be a apostate and non-Catholic, can one who is the chief hierarch of Rome be any different?

Recall the Vatican I specifies that Papal Infallibility is binding only whenever a Pope is defining a doctrine and mandating it church-wide over the entirety of the Universal Church; a pope is only infallible then and only upon matters of binding the faithful to adhere to a teaching regarding faith and morals.

Papal infallibility does not make a man impeccable or incapable of embracing error, mistakes, heresy, apostasy, or schism from the Tradition of the Catholic Church.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What?
“Good afternoon, I would like to say a word about the pachamama statues that were removed from the Church at Traspontina, which were there without idolatrous intentions and were thrown into the Tiber.
The pope used 'pachamama' for these things. Was that a slip-up on his part? He named the deity.
“Then, I can inform you that the statues which created so much media clamor were found in the Tiber. The statues are not damaged.
Pity. I had hoped they melted.
“This is good news, thank you.”
Good news for idolaters everywhere. Bad for Catholics.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What?

The pope used 'pachamama' for these things. Was that a slip-up on his part? He named the deity.

Pity. I had hoped they melted.

Good news for idolaters everywhere. Bad for Catholics.
Yes. I noticed him using the name of the idol as well.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yes. I noticed him using the name of the idol as well.
I don't see a way out for him in this. He has made a mess.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Why don't we just throw the Pope into the Tiber? Idolatrous heretic! Anathema !

Our lady of Fatima - save us from this vicious beast! The victorious church in heaven - pray for us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums