Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do you ever wonder why you are in the Church? I mean, if you felt called to enter it. I often do.
I felt a deep calling years ago to remain in it. Finding it to be more substantive Biblically than I could have first imagined. And now I echo the Apostles at the end of the Bread of Life discourse in Jn when everyone else was leaving. Jesus didn't change. Some great and even holy cardinals and bishops are remaining. So I will remain even if it is hard right now.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Do you ever wonder why you are in the Church? I mean, if you felt called to enter it. I often do.

Yes. I love Christ and I'll never go away on my own, but as far the church's concerned I'm often thinking like you describe. Its feels bizarre. I left a Lutheran community mainly because of its liberalism and the sense of a falling church just to enter another.
Even with all its faults and errors I dont think my former church worshiped pagan idols and mother earth. The catholic church is actually the worst church among the older churches today.
I got a "boss" in the church and that boss is the Pope and now it seems as if he's mad, but no one has the guts or whatever to stand up to him.

The willingness to follow a person I'm having great eschatological worries about is worrisome. Besides my own parish is gruesome and functions as a real sect.

Sorry if I'm making anyone feel uncomfortable in here. I'm just telling u guys how I feel.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Bless those men! DEUS VULT!

I knew what responses to expect on social media too (i.e. Fr. James Martin condemned the act, therefore True North was 180 degrees from that).

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Bless those men! DEUS VULT!

I knew what responses to expect on social media too (i.e. Fr. James Martin condemned the act, therefore True North was 180 degrees from that).

I believe its Mr. Martin ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I believe its Mr. Martin ;)
Sadly he has been ordained, so he is a consecrated priest. Not fatherly in any good sense, I would agree. Mill stones come to mind when I think of him.

If he is the modern face of the Jesuits it may be time to suppress them yet again.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
It is almost like they all read from the same script. Queue the name calling, racist, sexist, xenophobic, violence and on it goes. Disagree with the left and your an violent racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic and on it goes.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is almost like they all read from the same script. Queue the name calling, racist, sexist, xenophobic, violence and on it goes. Disagree with the left and your an violent racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, transphobic and on it goes.
I expect better of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
To their credit, but maybe they just didn't get around to it yet, nobody from the idolodule group has called the idoloclasts transphobic. Or did I just miss that? {;-p}

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I did and well you all know that lead me out

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Idolatrous so called clergy has no right to take any sort of moral high ground whatsoever. Haha, he even goes as far as actually calling the statue mother earth :doh:
And the outdoor service was indeed an act of worship. Thousands of years has gone by and still the people of God are so unfaithful and bowing to worship the golden calf.

This is so comical in many ways. We, the most enlightened generations ever would only worship our own desires and our own twisted sexual needs, but we're way smarter than those stupid people of the past. Well, I got news for you, we aren't. We're worshiping actual statues.

As far as iconoclasm concerns this simpleminded prelate misses the intention of the historic christian iconoclasm totally. Its nothing like this anyway. That being said I am almost at the point where I do see the reasons why people went against all forms of iconography. It leaves room for people like these.

Last edited:
Upvote 0