Continued Sin , Continued Fear, Anxiety, Depression. What to do?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Those things - continued sin, continued fear, continued anxiety, continued depression -
what does /did/ Jesus say about such things , if anything ?

Note that the description of born again Ekklesia in the NT includes free, immeasurable, daily continual fullness of joy, peace and righteousness.

Not continual depression.
Not continual anxiety . (those who were anxious, were given the truth to be set free)
Not continual sin. (correction was described for any sin)

Today - is there anyplace publicly known where those things are all taken care of Scripturally ?
No counseling services I ever heard of publicly advertised or referred to, ever dealt with sin, not that I remember in decades.....

And if sin remains, a bad conscience results, a seared conscience,

and perhaps a sin that leads to death (that Jesus Word did not say to even pray for ) ....

Removing, dealing with, repenting of sin then must be the first step - then all others are taken care of, right ?

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Removing, dealing with, repenting of sin then must be the first step - then all others are taken care of, right ?

Right.

How does one come to that place of repentance then?.

God has his ways. One of them that blows my mind is that He delivers a man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved. (1 Corinthians 5:5)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Right.

How does one come to that place of repentance then?.
(Hopefully and desired that they repent BEFORE being put in hasatan's power.)
As written:
How can they believe unless they hear (the Gospel)?
How can they hear the Gospel unless someone is sent ?

Or rather look here from Scripture:
Romans 10:14 How then can they call on the One in whom ...
Romans 10:14 How then can they call on the One in whom they have not believed? And how can they believe in the One of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone to preach?
How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

• Agree
Reactions: GospelS
Upvote 0

tim nunn

Mar 23, 2020
bristol
Visit site
✟15,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i will say i use to have depression anxiety and was all the pieces for several years on several meds for my nerves and then one day i gave up my meds which didnt seem to help and decided to trust God to provide what i need and ever since ive done great for several years my weight hurts me alot too use to be around 360 pound now down to 320 and i plan bring it on down,i try stay active and go for walks,swim,parks,i even do some hiking and love it all knowing that nature is curing me.ive lived a rough childhood and forgave all of it and now my goal is live and follow the word and love all my brothers and sisters in christ help them as we are all one big happy family,no one deserves to feel down or left out we should allways be there for one another,blessings to you all.what truly upsets me lots of christian brothers and sisters look down on me cause my weight and say its sin well not everyone eats out of control some have medical issues uncontrolable such as myself,i dont think anyone has a right to judge anyone as we are not God we have offer help suggestions but not judge,anyone thinks they are better than others are not christians in my opinion,we suppose to love everyone even our enemies and forgive those that done us wrong we dont have to like their ways but we have to love each other in the name of christ,anyone puts me down for my disabilities i ignore them cause a true friend or christian does not do these things.i love you all from my heart and will allways do anything i can for anyone whether they love me in return their choice but God will judge us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdcougar
Upvote 0

Quietus

Lost Cause
Mar 29, 2020
St. Louis
✟7,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And if sin remains, a bad conscience results, a seared conscience,

and perhaps a sin that leads to death (that Jesus Word did not say to even pray for ) ....

But see, what about those (like myself) who are aware of certain sins, have changed their mind about them (as in acknowledging that they are indeed sins, and that they don’t want to do them), but can’t put them away of their will or striving? What if one has prayed for deliverance from these sins, but these prayers go unanswered? Are they to remain slaves to the sin? To strive to quit, and ultimately fail each instance?

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You sound spiritually healthy to me @TimNunn. Meds do cause weight gain. Hang on to your faith @yeshuaslavejeff God forgives our sins. You may be going through a hard place right now. But I guess that is the cost of ‘continual’ sin. You are feeling guilty and the HS is working on you. Come out of your sin or for the time being live in repentance. Get with God feel sincerely sorry, grovel and get forgiveness. Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up. I know. He is always there. But we just can’t go on sinning, can we?

Upvote 0