Tell your story and change a life
Feb 8, 2008
Midwest
✟11,775.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I also have a lot of tummy issues and being a veggie has helped with that. As with any way of eating, you have to make sure you are getting a good balance of all the nutrients you body needs. It may take a bit for your body to adjust, but I sure have felt better the past several years.

Good luck!!

Reactions: notwrapped
Upvote 0
J

JenLove

I've been a vegetarian for years and have never experienced any digestive issues. As whatisyourstory mentioned, it will more than likely take a while for your body to completely adjust, but it will be well worth it in the long run. I felt pretty weak for about month after becoming a vegetarian, but now I regularly run long distance races and have more energy than ever. I'd say go for it!

Upvote 0

California Dreamin'

Crazy Cat Lady
Site Supporter
Mar 30, 2004
Nova Scotia, Canada
✟60,435.00
Faith
Un. Church of CA
Marital Status
Engaged
My mom has IBS and she is not vegetarian (my stepdad ate a lot of meat, she'd eat it with him, but since he's gone she rarely eats any), and she's lost 26 lbs. without exercise and hasn't had problems with IBS as much.

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My mom has IBS and she is not vegetarian (my stepdad ate a lot of meat, she'd eat it with him, but since he's gone she rarely eats any), and she's lost 26 lbs. without exercise and hasn't had problems with IBS as much.
Wow, that's awesome, good for her!:)

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I cut meat out of my diet I didn't lose any weight and I can't really say I felt better but then I was never a big meat eater to begin with. I felt better mentally because I knew I was not supporting the factory farming of animals. :amen:

Upvote 0