dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God *can* change consequences, but the general rule of thumb is that you reap what you sow. So, in general, there will be consequences from sin. And they may not occur in this life. Like many of the OT prophets, I too am grieved when I see the wicked prosper while I'm trying to live a Christian life and just keep trudging along. In the long run, though, Christianity is 100% better. And that's the key - looking at things from an eternal perspective. It gets easier to do that as you get older.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can God change consequences? Or make them less-painful? Is there consequences for ALL sin? Most times it seems like people just get away with the "sins" they commit.

God has every moment mapped out for the best.
What you get is what He planned.
Prayer can prepare you for what He planned
and God can change your view of His plans
if you allow Him to do that.

If we all got what we deserve, we'd all be dead.
So your gift of life extends to all sinners.

How does a person get what God wants?

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So even the hurtful stuff was designed for God and is for the best?

Morphine will stop the pain. Enough to kill all pain will stop your breathing as well.
So with your breathing, we also experience pain.

(Good nerves and pain nerves are all the same system by the way.)

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Can God change consequences? Or make them less-painful?

Is there consequnces for ALL sin? Most times it seems like people just get away with the "sins" they commit.
Until we repent of our sin, we are walking towards disaster. After we repent, the Lord forgives us and patches up our life as much as possible.

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Is there consequnces for ALL sin? Most times it seems like people just get away with the "sins" they commit.

Yes, wicked people seem to prosper. But then, we also have sinned several times and we don't deserve God's mercy. The Lord our Maker is too kind. Thank Him that He is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, wicked people seem to prosper. But then, we also have sinned several times and we don't deserve God's mercy. The Lord our Maker is too kind. Thank Him that He is.

Even if God knows you aren't sorry for your sins or feel any guilt and take full pleasure in them....why does he still show mercy? God knows what is in our hearts right? He has given wicked people free reign to cause havoc in people's lives. I am going through a situation right now where i feeI defenseless to stop someone who is targeting me and the lord says not to revenge but I cannot stand by idly to anymore. The police aren't all that interested in pursuing the matter and i have no where else to turn.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Anytime you start a question with "Can God..." the answer is yes. "Will God...?" is an entirely different matter.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anytime you start a question with "Can God..." the answer is yes. "Will God...?" is an entirely different matter.

That is true. Fair enough. I guess this is where his mercy comes in. IF he gives mercy.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right now I see God having mercy on a sinner who is taking pleasure in bringing harm and pain to my life. Where is my mercy?
That is basically the question raised in Job. In the end, God didn't give a straight answer other than to point out that we are simply not capable of understanding the totality of His divine plan. I suppose this is where faith comes in.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is basically the question raised in Job. In the end, God didn't give a straight answer other than to point out that we are simply not capable of understanding the totality of His divine plan. I suppose this is where faith comes in.

I guess I just have no choice but to just accept being defenseless

Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even if God knows you aren't sorry for your sins or feel any guilt and take full pleasure in them....why does he still show mercy? God knows what is in our hearts right? He has given wicked people free reign to cause havoc in people's lives. I am going through a situation right now where i feeI defenseless to stop someone who is targeting me and the lord says not to revenge but I cannot stand by idly to anymore. The police aren't all that interested in pursuing the matter and i have no where else to turn.

The police? If you have some threat to your life and property then you should definitely try to defend yourself and your family and seek help. Read what God says about the wicked in Psalms 37.

Upvote 0

DeeDee79

Jul 19, 2017
Canada
✟21,757.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The police? If you have some threat to your life and property then you should definitely try to defend yourself and your family and seek help. Read what God says about the wicked in Psalms 37.

The police won't spend the time to fully investigate it. God's institution for justice did not work for me.

Upvote 0