Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There are many who would take issue with Barack Hussein Obama being spoken of in terms as great President.

He was an enemy of business, middle class workers, manufacturing, oil production and millions upon millions of Americans lost when he lied repeatedly about health care, loosing coverage and then penalized for not getting coverage they could not afford.
Obama walked us back from a terrible recession and millions now have health care that wouldn't have otherwise. The economy was booming when Obama left office and now is teetering on the brink of a recession. The tax cut was obviously a benefit to the very rich and ultimately a burden to the middle class. Even at that, Obama is gone and Trump is trying to rule by the power of the pen and he is losing. I don't see anything great about that.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama walked us back from a terrible recession and millions now have health care that wouldn't have otherwise. The economy was booming when Obama left office and now is teetering on the brink of a recession. The tax cut was obviously a benefit to the very rich and ultimately a burden to the middle class. Even at that, Obama is gone and Trump is trying to rule by the power of the pen and he is losing. I don't see anything great about that.

You didn’t address my points. And millions are paying for healthcare because it is illegal not to have it. Up until President Trump, I paid almost 2,000 a year in penalties for being able to afford the affordable health care.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please cite sources for this opinion.
Please follow your current events, he has did everything based on what he signs or doesn't sign. Now as far was what his exercise of executive privilege includes with regards to punishable offenses, we are going to have to wait for the Mueller investigation to run it's course.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You didn’t address my points. And millions are paying for healthcare because it is illegal not to have it. Up until President Trump, I paid almost 2,000 a year in penalties for being able to afford the affordable health care.
You haven't made any points, Trump hasn't done much but repeal certain aspects of Obamacare. I had a health care package from my employer that required a 30% copay and making 20,000 dollars a year I was not eligible for any kind of government assistance. Because of my military service I was able to get an operation I needed but had I went with my health care at that company, it would have costed me thousands of dollars before the insurance paid a dime.

I'm not happy with health care but Presidents and the Congress have messed it up on a nearly bipartisan basis. Trump said we would have great health care and what we have is Obamacare, just a modified version. So he must like it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please follow your current events, he has did everything based on what he signs or doesn't sign. Now as far was what his exercise of executive privilege includes with regards to punishable offenses, we are going to have to wait for the Mueller investigation to run it's course.

You made the assertion it is your place to prove it.

If you cannot provide proof, that will speak for itself.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You haven't made any points, Trump hasn't done much but repeal certain aspects of Obamacare. I had a health care package from my employer that required a 30% copay and making 20,000 dollars a year I was not eligible for any kind of government assistance. Because of my military service I was able to get an operation I needed but had I went with my health care at that company, it would have costed me thousands of dollars before the insurance paid a dime.

I'm not happy with health care but Presidents and the Congress have messed it up on a nearly bipartisan basis. Trump said we would have great health care and what we have is Obamacare, just a modified version. So he must like it.

Sorry for your hardship. But it doesn’t negate what I posted.

Nor does it have anything to do with the topic of the thread.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how one sided the convictions have been the past couple of years (per the context of the thread). I wonder why that is? Further evidence of corruption in our justice system, imho. I wonder why the GOP is not pursuing legal action against any in the OP list, or are they? I wouldn't know cannot keep up with the mess that is politics.

Gee, I dunno....

It couldn’t be that most of the criminals are “one-sided”, could it...?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How would you know whether or not any of the names from the OP have committed prosecutable crimes? Based on what I have gleaned from various sources over time, Hillary Clinton committed prosecutable crimes but to date has not been prosecuted. Why?

I would assume, had they committed prosecutable crimes, they would have been at least charged with crimes by a DoJ run by Republicans. And perhaps you need to find better sources -- there have been at least six years of on going Congressional investigations into Hillary Clinton by Republicans, yet they never removed her from office (prior to her leaving government) nor sought to have charges made against her.

Again, trying to create a conspiracy theory here requires ignoring the six years and multiple investigations by a Republican Congress into Ms. Clinton, as well as the fact that you've had a Justice Department headed by Republicans that has chosen not to indict or prosecute the Clintons, or the others on your list. You would have to ask them why these Republicans, such as Sessions (before he was fired) or Whitaker, haven't filed charges -- they are the ones that have the power to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s the 64,000,000 question isn’t it?

Flynn lies to the FBI one time and lost his home and is heading to jail, Hillary lied to Congress six times as testified to by the Director of the FBI and nothing happened.

Why is that?
You might ask the Republican DOJ, the GOP Congress and the GOP President.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When will Hillary get locked up as promised?

When was that promised? It was chanted, it was shouted, it was discussed. But I don’t recall that as a promise.

Comey certainly prevented it. Even after admitting she lied multiple times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would assume, had they committed prosecutable crimes, they would have been at least charged with crimes by a DoJ run by Republicans. And perhaps you need to find better sources -- there have been at least six years of on going Congressional investigations into Hillary Clinton by Republicans, yet they never removed her from office (prior to her leaving government) nor sought to have charges made against her.

Again, trying to create a conspiracy theory here requires ignoring the six years and multiple investigations by a Republican Congress into Ms. Clinton, as well as the fact that you've had a Justice Department headed by Republicans that has chosen not to indict or prosecute the Clintons, or the others on your list. You would have to ask them why these Republicans, such as Sessions (before he was fired) or Whitaker, haven't filed charges -- they are the ones that have the power to do it.

You assume and suggest incorrectly, had you listened to Jim Comey leader of the investigation without blinders on, you would understand what took place. He only did an interview with her after the fact, but those at his house worship the ground she walks on. Is Jim one of those "Republicans" also? Maybe of the Jeff Flake variety? Hmm...

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟330,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When was that promised? It was chanted, it was shouted, it was discussed. But I don’t recall that as a promise.

Comey certainly prevented it. Even after admitting she lied multiple times.

Except the FBI, which Comey was in charge of, does not decide who is prosecuted and who isn't -- they only are the investigative arm of the US government. It is the Department of Justice that makes those determinations, which has been headed the last two years by Republicans. Whitaker, as Attorney General, could bring charges against her, at any time. So, again, if she is so guilty, why has she not been charged?

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Department of Justice (Non-FBI):

• John Carlin – Assistant Attorney General – Head of DOJ’s National Security Division – announced resignation on September 27, 2016 after filing the Government’s proposed 2016 Section 702 certifications on September 26, 2016. The filing does not disclose known FISA Abuses. Carlin is aware NSA Rogers is conducting a compliance review which will uncover the FISA Abuse. The 2016 certifications are scheduled for Court approval on October 26, 2016. Trump surveillance originated under Carlin’s tenure.
  • Sally Yates – Deputy Attorney General & Acting Attorney General (replacing Loretta Lynch – 10 days) – fired January 30, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
  • Mary McCord – Acting Assistant Attorney General – Acting Head of DOJ’s National Security Division (replacing John Carlin) – announced resignation on April 17, 2017 – Left on May 11, 2017. Complicit in Flynn Surveillance and surveillance of Trump Campaign.
  • Bruce Ohr – Associate Deputy Attorney General – demoted twice. Stripped of Associate Deputy Attorney General title on December 6, 2017. Removed as head of the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force January 8, 2018. Unofficial liaison between Fusion GPS and FBI/DOJ. Wife worked at Fusion. Long-standing ties to both Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson/Fusion GPS.
  • David Laufman – DOJ National Security Division, Deputy Asst. Attorney General in charge of counterintelligence – resignedon February 7, 2018. Laufman “played a leading role in the Clinton email server and Russian hacking investigations.”
  • Rachel Brand – Associate Attorney General – number three official behind Deputy AG Rosenstein – resignedFebruary 9, 2018. Takes top legal position at Walmart. Brand “played a critical role in Congress’ re-authorization” of section 702 of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.
FBI:

• James Comey – FBI Director – fired May 9, 2017. Oversaw all FBI operations – including exoneration of Clinton and Trump-Russia Investigation. Reported to AG Lynch.
  • Peter Strzok – Deputy Assistant Director of FBI’s Counterintelligence – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to FBI’s Human Resources. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Strzok involved in all facets of Clinton exoneration. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • Lisa Page – FBI/DOJ Lawyer – forced off Mueller’s team – demoted August 16, 2017 to parts unknown. IG Horowitz discovered texts July 27, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • James Baker – FBI General Counsel – demoted and reassigned on December 20, 2017. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group. Senior-most legal counsel at FBI.
  • James Rybicki – Chief of Staff to FBI Director James Comey & successor Chris Wray – resigned/forced out January 23, 2018. Working member of “Insurance Policy” group.
  • Andrew McCabe – Deputy FBI Director – on December 23, 2017 announcedretirement effective March 22, 2018. Forced to resign on January 29, 2018. Involved in all aspects. Reported to Comey.
  • Josh Campbell – Special Assistant to James Comey – resigned on February 2, 2018. Writes op-ed in New York Times on why he is leaving but does not disclose in op-ed that he was Special Assistant to Comey – or that he had been offered lucrative CNN job. Takes job with CNN on February 5, 2018.
  • Michael Kortan – FBI Asst. Director Public Affairs – resigned on February 8, 2018 – effective February 15, 2018. Kortan served as assistant director for public affairs, an influential job that controlled media access.
  • Bill Priestap – Assistant Director – Head of FBI Counterintelligence – Holds same position. Strzok’s boss – reported directly to McCabe.

So what is the alleged crime?

There was no “spying” or”surveillance” of the Trump campaign. This bogus claim has been debunked many times, yet people just can’t seem to stop bringing it up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...p-fbi-informant-russia-investigation.amp.html

Trump Claims His Campaign Was 'Spied' On. Here Are the Facts

Ok let’s say I am wrong and there was spying. We will know when the IG finishes investigating. So don’t worry your tinfoil capped head yet, the truth is out there:

DOJ asks watchdog to probe Trump campaign surveillance claims

The “insurance policy group” is another favorite right wing conspiracy theory.

Peter Strzok’s ‘Insurance Policy’

And, I am not going to bother posting links about the Clinton investigations. How many times did the GOP Congress go after her and come up empty?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What about just doesn’t keep the thread on topic

What is the thread topic, specifically? You just listed various names of people along with some claims about them. As did the post you were responding to. Although in his case, he also added concrete information about their illegal activities as part of the campaign or administration of Individual 1.

So really, what's your point?

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I thought there was a topic of connections to corruption. I could throw in the firing of James Comey because of the 'Russia thing', Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Preet Bharara, the US attorney for the Southern District of New York. Trump is clearing the swamp by hiring power brokers and cleaning out the DOJ at will and at random.
I'd also add the large amounts of money pouring into the Trump inauguration from Russian Oligarchs followed by Individual 1 firing the person responsible for investigating things like that, citing the "Russia thing" as one of his reasons.

Upvote 0