Not open for further replies.

airnut

Mar 7, 2009
✟7,612.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have an old friend, she is Christian I am not. We had a falling out because of some stupid mistake I made. I have apologized to I was blue in the face but she has refused to accept (even though she lied to me and I overlooked it and continued to be friends with her) I talked to her the other day and I just couldnt believe her. While telling me how much of a failure I am and how low of a person I am. She proceeded to tell me (Im a trauma rn) that she wishes that I would be the next one to die at my work.)Seriously? This is a christian that goes on missions wishing me death?
Anyways the biggest thing that got me was her telling me since my fiance is pregnant that she can not have anything to do with me because I do not lead a righoues life. Im confused are christians suppose to reach out to non christians? Mean while using and calling me words that I will not use on here out of respect to your site.
I guess I am just lookinig for an answer for her and to try to understand her thinkings.:confused:

BobW188

Growling Maverick
Jul 19, 2008
Southern Minnesota
✟10,103.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I would say that your friend has a long way to go to become a Christian. If your apology was sincere and, as sincere ones are, a request for forgiveness rather than a veiled justification for whatever you did, she should have accepted it. Jesus does not ask us to forgive, he commands us; and goes so far as to say that, if we don't, we ourselves won't be forgiven.
Beyond that, having accepted your apology, she could still opt to discontinue the relationship. Whether that would be wise or not, I have no way of knowing. I will say that, if she is going to confine her friendships to those leading "a righteous life," she is going to have a very small social circle, everyone of them engaged in kidding themselves.

Reactions: heron
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟738,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible says to not judge those that are unbelievers (God does that), but only to judge the behaviour of believers (if they are sinning). See the verses below:

1Co 5:9 I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—
1Co 5:10 not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world.
1Co 5:11 But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
1Co 5:12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 1Co 5:13 God will judge those outside.

Your friend sounds like she might be a little imature spiritually, her knowledge of the bible is a bit low. However we are not put on this planet to judge one another, it is not the primary task of mine to make assumptions about the spiritual fitness of any one individual. Just do your best toforgive her for her strange behaviour, and move on I guess.

Upvote 0

JCisGD

Mar 5, 2009
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Much agreement with the above posts, can i ask you to forgive this person and not think that anyone who behaves different to Jesus is a fair representation of Him. The false only proves that somewhere is the true.
Also my friend can i encourage you to ask Jesus to show Himself real to you. He was there with you when those conversations took place and He has led you this far, He knows all your thoughts and experiences. He will not be hard on you, for He wants to give you eternal life, where he lives inside of you helping you live to please God and enjoy it. Only believe.

Upvote 0
Jan 18, 2008
✟7,872.00
Faith
Christian
i am thinking, wow, I never met a missionary that uncontrolled by the holy Spirit...I would go so far as to ask her what her mission org is, then get online and report her to the mission group....hey, I had to go through weeks of training, lots of reference checks, and a psychological profile test and an interview with a licensed psychologist before I was given the go ahead,,,

I am not kidding, report her, the mission org wants to know this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.