Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let me see if I can explain this without confusing you guys....believe me, I'm confused enough for everyone!
For a long time, I thought that God was telling me to take my life in one direction. No, it was more than that; I was SURE. It's hard to describe, but there was no doubt in my mind that God was telling me where I should be headed. Now, I'm not so sure. I'm not getting the strong feelings about that particular path that I was in the beginning. There's actually another road I'd like to take, that seems much more appealing than where I thought I was going. I'm really concerned with following God's will for my life, but I'm not sure what that is anymore. I don't want to botch things up by taking the wrong path. I've considered the possibility that maybe God pointed me in my original direction because He wanted me to have the experience of making a REALLY big decision with His help.
So....that's it, in a nutshell. What do you guys think? Should I stick with the original plan, or should I think about this new one? Is it possible that GOd DID want me to choose one thing, but now He wants me somewhere else? I thought He was supposed to be constant and unchanging....
Anyway, I've been praying, and I'll continue to until I find some peace about this. Thanks for reading my ramblings!

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, fieldmouse! :wave: I don't know what to tell you in the way of advice here. But know that God is constant and unchanging. We are the ones who change. I will pray that God will make clear to you the path you should take. Just remember...God doesn't usually go around shouting at people. You need to listen for that small voice within. Hang in there, fieldmouse!

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks....I wrote my post last night when I was tired, and I realized upon reading it again that I wasn't very clear about what's going on. The first path I thought God was pulling me down was going away to college. The second, which I'm SERIOUSLY considering now, is deferring school for awhile, and moving out on my own and working.
Peggy, you're definitely right about me changing...I know I have since I first thought God wanted me to go away to college.
I just don't want to screw this up...this is my life we're talking about!

Upvote 0

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
mouse, I don't blame you for not wanting to screw up your life! Wow. College. Let me ask you one question. If you put it off for now, will that jeopardize your going in the future? Just something to think about in case not going/working/being on your own doesn't work out.

As for me, I'm sorry I didn't have the opportunity to go to college. It just wasn't an option for me. But that's me. Just don't want you to have regrets later on.

I will definitely keep you in prayer!

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi fieldmouse,
as long as the path you choose in life includes God, then it is the right one. I am praying for and with you always and I am ALWAYS here for you. Follow your heart sweets and stay with God and then you'll never go wrong...Love and blessings to you always...
your friend
Amie

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Peggy - I'm not sure if putting off college would affect me going in the future. It might make it easier; I have NO money right now, so I'm paying for everything through loans. That means I'm going to be in debt for many thousands of dollars when I graduate, and it'll be much harder to establish myself once I'm done. If I worked for awhile, I could save money and NOT be in debt for quite so much. On the other hand, if I did go to college, I know I could count on God to provide what I need to be there. See why I'm confused? :)

Amie - Well, one thing's for sure; no matter what I decide to do, God will DEFINITELY be a part of it! I couldn't get by without Him! I know He has a plan for my life, and I can't help but think that only one of my current options fits in with that plan. It's sort of hard for me to believe that He'd leave such a big decision up to me. I want what He wants!!!! I guess I'm just trying to figure out what that is....

Upvote 0

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by fieldmouse3
Peggy - I'm not sure if putting off college would affect me going in the future. It might make it easier; I have NO money right now, so I'm paying for everything through loans. That means I'm going to be in debt for many thousands of dollars when I graduate, and it'll be much harder to establish myself once I'm done. If I worked for awhile, I could save money and NOT be in debt for quite so much. On the other hand, if I did go to college, I know I could count on God to provide what I need to be there. See why I'm confused? :)

Yep, I can see why you're confused! I thought maybe you had scholarships you'd lose if you put off going, but if that's not the case, then maybe it would be better to work for awhile and save. Wow...now you have me thinking in circles about this. :confused:

You definitely have my prayers, gal. We know God is there no matter what you decide.

Upvote 0
Hi fieldmouse. I just thought I would let you know that I will be praying for you to make the right decision. Just to let you know, I am 32 and going back to college. I went right out of high school for 2 years. About a year ago, I decided I wanted to become a teacher so I am going back. I really enjoy it now. I didn't then. I am getting grants and student loans to help pay the costs. I don't know what God has planned for you but, deep in your heart, you know. Continue to pray about it and God will lead you in the right direction.
Child of God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
fieldmouse, I'm going through the same thing brother.

I was suppose to take the LSAT this week but I decided not to take it. I feel that God steered me away from that direction FOR NOW for a reason. He wants me to focus on my mental and spiritual health before I go on to the next phase in my life.

Through prayer I'm learning more and more about myself and I'm figuring out what God wants.

I've always wanted to go to law school or Graduate school for my Masters.

The other day, I felt like a new seed was planted inside of me and now all of a sudden I'm considering grabbing a Masters before I go on to law school. The Master would probably only take me 2 years if I went full-time.

Life is a hazy picture but along the way it becomes a clearer picture.

fieldmouse, I know your situation is a bit different so my only advice to you in this situation is to pray, pray, pray, and then make a decision. Trust that God will steer you in the right direction. Life is a learning process and no matter what happens, you will grow from this.

Upvote 0

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by angelgabriel
fieldmouse, I'm going through the same thing brother.
Hi! :wave:

Thank you for your input....I can't tell you how much I appreciate all the help I've gotten in making this decision!

Ummmm, one thing though: I'm a girl! ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.