confused about subforums

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Shalom Issa,
That's a good question and you probably got it right. I pretty much stay on the MJ forum proper because I'm not Jewish and I do not call myself Christian, I'm a Torah observant believer in Yeshua. I guess I'm a "tweener", hehehe. (I get a bit loopey at 4am.)

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,108.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Messianic Hebrew Christian= Jewish Christian, attending a mainstream Christian church, but who keeps his or her Jewish identity and so forth. To accommodate members of that inclination was the original intention of that sub-forum.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
im not sure if i got this right but the subforum for orthodox messianics are meant for the jews who are believers and the messianic hebrew christian is for the gentile believers who are messianic?

Actually, the orthodox area is for both jews and gentiles who are more orthodox in their observance.. all still lovers of Yeshua. "Orthodox" being the key word here.

The messianic hebrew christians is for actually the Jews who are of other Christian churches who happen to be Jews. They claim they are of the Messianic Judaism faith, but exhibit traditions that can be traced back to RCC for example. The reason they give for being able to declare themselves Messianic Jews is because of the belief in Jesus Christ and are of Jewish blood. "Jews" aka "hebrews" and "christian" being the key words in the subform name here.

Upvote 0

yedida

Ruth Messianic, joining Israel, Na'aseh v'nishma!
Oct 6, 2010
Elyria, OH
✟25,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Don't go down that road. Lots of us have questioned these purpose built anomalies but you come up against a very big brick wall which many have hit and just walked away from the forum (or have been 'invited' to leave).

Huh?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heber

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2008
✟21,923.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

It was nearly three years ago - I ended up with a new name as my account was terminated. We are not permitted to pass judgement, or even comment on, any action(s) taken by Moderators so I am prohibited from going any deeper into this. Just keep out of any debate on the issue(s) involved. :)

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
im not sure if i got this right but the subforum for orthodox messianics are meant for the jews who are believers and the messianic hebrew christian is for the gentile believers who are messianic?

Shalom Issa:wave:

Basically, the Subforum for Torah observant Messianic Believers is just that, for those who are either Jewish or gentile Messianics that believe that the Torah was not done away with, nailed to the cross or any of the other doctrines regarding that that Christianity teaches. For them, Messianic Judaism is not a thing you do to look Jewish on Shabbat, but rather a way of living, such as keeping kosher, obeying the family purity laws, observing the Shabbat and other holy days as the Torah requires.

The other forums is for those that are Jewish by birth but have converted to Christianity and pretty much what Visionary said so nicely about what they practice. :)

Upvote 0

issa

pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Sep 21, 2004
Ortigas
✟20,936.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
thanks for all your replies and advice. they are all helpful and encouraging :)

let me see if i got it right:

the orthodox is for both jews and gentiles who are kosher/sabbath keeping and follow the regular jewish stuff maybe like the talmud?

and the other forum is for jews by birth but have become believers of Yeshua.

so i guess i will be posting mostly in the main forum then since i do not consider myself orthodox (i am still learning the ropes here)

shalom everyone!

• Useful
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums