Confounding of the language.... reversed?

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Are you supposing there were no Jewish believers in any of those congregations? Are you supposing there were no Jewish believers among the Galatians?
No not at all, but the Elect were only those Jews of that time leading to the destruction of Jerusalem, and the Temple, then years after, don't know how long God extended the time of the Elect.

It is my personal belief that those called the Chosen, are the Gentile believers of that time as well.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why would either Jews or Gentiles be "exiles" in those regions?

No matter. I'm sure that God also chose (elected) some from the twelve tribes. It must be noted that,

Paul was the apostle to the gentiles.
Peter was the apostle to the Jews.
Jesus was "sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel".

Follow Jesus' trail and you'll find the lost sheep.
The LOST sheep were the Jews which rejected Jesus as Messiah, which was 99% of the Jews.

The Elect were the Remnant.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
A universal language restored to planet earth during the millennium kingdom in Jerusalem after Christ’s “second coming “?.

Yes...... Messiah Yeshua - Jesus is opening massive doors to all nations and I do agree with the prophecy that by the year 2185 much of the earth will be in a state where people know G-d from the least to the greatest...........

Revelation 3:8

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name."

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

The image of the future that they gave me then, and it was their image, not one that I created, surprised me. My image had previously been sort of like Star Wars, where everything was space age, plastics, and technology.

The future that they showed me was almost no technology at all. What everybody, absolutely everybody, in this euphoric future spent most of their time doing was raising children. The chief concern of people was children, and everybody considered children to be the most precious commodity in the world.

And when a person became an adult, there was no sense of anxiety, nor hatred, nor competition.

There was this enormous sense of trust and mutual respect. If a person, in this view of the future, became disturbed, then the community of people all cared about the disturbed person falling away from the harmony of the group. Spiritually, through prayer and love, the others would elevate the afflicted person.

What people did with the rest of their time was that they gardened, with almost no physical effort. They showed me that plants, with prayer, would produce huge fruits and vegetables.

People, in unison, could control the climate of the planet through prayer. Everybody would work with mutual trust and the people would call the rain, when needed, and the sun to shine.

Animals lived with people, in harmony.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Here is an interesting thought I have been considering for some time...

When God confounded the language at Babel, He gave this reason:

Gen 11:6 And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them.

The ability of man to accomplish things God was apparently not ready or willing to see them accomplish is why He made it more difficult to communicate. However, I want to submit to you that we have overcome this impediment. Just look right here on Facebook as one example. if you go to a page that is written in a foreign language, you will find, "Translate this." When you click on it, whatever you are reading that you do not understand, will immediately become understandable. Likewise, we now have portable translating devices. I can be speaking to a man in most any language on Earth and as he speaks "in real time" I will hear it in my translator in real time in my language. When I speak back to him, he will hear it in his language. Voice recognition software has evolved quickly.

So what does this mean? I am still not certain... but I THINK that because the obstacle that kept man from doing anything "he proposes to do" has been removed... that things can or will unfold more quickly now and even to the point of radical change to whatever we consider to be "normal."
It was more than confusing them Ken. This was a unity of sin challenging God's Sovereignty, which He'll not tolerate. Multi-lingual unity of holiness was demonstrated when the Holy Spirit anointed the Apostles. That was unity in diversity, but God's way. That's my take on it. Happy New Year :).

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The LOST sheep were the Jews which rejected Jesus as Messiah, that was 99% of the Jews.

The Elect were the Remnant.

Actually........Sid Roth has put forward an estimate that
if correct.... could mean that well over twenty percent of
the population of the Roman Province of Judaea......
was Messianic Jewish by the time of the Bar Kochba Revolt......

"The first Church was Jewish. If a Gentile wanted to follow the Messiah, he had to convert to Judaism. Then Peter had a revelation that Gentiles did not have to convert to Judaism to be saved (see Acts 10). The Jerusalem Council meeting determined that Gentiles did not have to be circumcised. There were only four easily followed requirements. They were to “abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood” (Acts 15:20). After all, James said, they could learn more about God by hear- ing the words of Moses every Saturday in the syna- gogue (see Acts 15:21). This opened the door to widespread church growth among the Gentiles. So many Gentiles were saved that the Jewish believers became a minority.

The first Jewish followers of Jesus were called “Nazarenes” (part of the Essenes sect of Judaism dis- cussed in Chapter 3). They practiced traditional Judaism and were widely accepted by unbelieving Jews. Early in the second century their numbers reached 400,000.1 In the Book of Acts, the early church fathers said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many myriads [tens of thousands] of Jews there are who have believed, and they are all zealous for the law” (Acts 21:20).

The Nazarenes’ acceptance by traditional Jews came to a halt in A.D. 135 when Rabbi Akiba declared that Bar Kochba was the Jewish Messiah. His followers hoped he would lead them to victory over the Romans. The Nazarenes refused to fight because they believed Jesus was the true Messiah rather than Bar Kochba. They were branded traitors, not because they believed in Jesus, but because they would not join Bar Kochba’s armed struggle. Bar Kochba and his followers were quickly slaughtered by the Romans. Afterward, Jews were banned from Jerusalem.

History shows that as the center of the Christian faith moved from Jerusalem to Rome, it became increasingly Hellenized, adopting pagan customs and philosophies rather than the God-ordained practices and beliefs of the Bible. At the same time, Christianity became increasingly anti-Jewish."
(Sid Roth, The Incomplete Church, Chapter 7, page 64, 65)

Upvote 0

LDane

Dec 11, 2017
Davao City
✟8,294.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is an interesting thought I have been considering for some time...

When God confounded the language at Babel, He gave this reason:

Gen 11:6 And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them.

The ability of man to accomplish things God was apparently not ready or willing to see them accomplish is why He made it more difficult to communicate. However, I want to submit to you that we have overcome this impediment. Just look right here on Facebook as one example. if you go to a page that is written in a foreign language, you will find, "Translate this." When you click on it, whatever you are reading that you do not understand, will immediately become understandable. Likewise, we now have portable translating devices. I can be speaking to a man in most any language on Earth and as he speaks "in real time" I will hear it in my translator in real time in my language. When I speak back to him, he will hear it in his language. Voice recognition software has evolved quickly.

So what does this mean? I am still not certain... but I THINK that because the obstacle that kept man from doing anything "he proposes to do" has been removed... that things can or will unfold more quickly now and even to the point of radical change to whatever we consider to be "normal."

I like your thoughts on this passage Sir. True indeed that digital age has made the gaps of understanding languages narrower.

Yet, this is also my thought about it. Languages may imply nationality. There are certain cultures, laws, beliefs that govern in every nation. So each nation has their own identity of its own. Your laws there may not be applicable in my nation as ours to yours. It withholds us to do what we want to do. Yet, even all these uniqueness we have, Grace still is so powerful that it overcomes differences by simply showing love. And the simplest form of love I know is respect. ;-)

Differences may withhold us of what we want to do, but Respect captivates friends. :)

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I like your thoughts on this passage Sir. True indeed that digital age has made the gaps of understanding languages narrower.

Yet, this is also my thought about it. Languages may imply nationality. There are certain cultures, laws, beliefs that govern in every nation. So each nation has their own identity of its own. Your laws there may not be applicable in my nation as ours to yours. It withholds us to do what we want to do. Yet, even all these uniqueness we have, Grace still is so powerful that it overcomes differences by simply showing love. And the simplest form of love I know is respect. ;-)

Differences may withhold us of what we want to do, but Respect captivates friends. :)
I agree... I am very much for mutual respect between those of the faith regardless of the doctrinal points that divide us. When we can show mutual respect toward one another and work as one to the glory of God we exalt His name (character, reputation) and when we don't... when we claim to belong to Him and then divide over petty doctrinal differences (like when the rapture may or may not happen... for example) I think we profane His name.

Be blessed!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

So true... I lived in Quito, Ecuador for over a year and it is amazing how many differences are there between two quite different cultures. I am from Nova Scotia, Canada.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I used Facebook as one "example" not as the standard. I could have written many pages giving many examples... but who would have bothered to spend the time reading it? So, I chose one popular form of social media to make my point.

What do you think of the idea of two beasts being raised up.......
one out of the oceans... and one out of the land?

Pastor Rick Joyner, The Call.....“Soon the leaders of the world will cast you overboard, just as the men in that ship had to do to me. They will not let you keep going in the way you are headed. This is the grace of God to you. He will then discipline you with a great beast that comes up out of the sea. It will swallow you for a time, but you will be vomited out of it. Then you will preach His message.”

“Is there no other way?” I asked.

“Yes, there is another way,” Jonah replied, “although this has come and is coming. Some are already in the belly of the beast. Some are about to be cast overboard, and some are still sleeping, but almost all have been on the ship going the wrong way, seeking to trade with the world. However, you can judge yourself and He will not have to judge you. If you will wake yourself up, repent and go the way that He sends you, you will not have to be swallowed by the beast.”

“Is the beast to which you are referring the one in Revelation ” I asked.

“It is the same. As you read in that chapter, this beast is given to make war with the saints and to overcome them. This will happen to all who do not repent. But know that those who are overcome by this first beast will be vomited out of it before the next beast comes, the one that comes up out of the earth. Even so, it will be much easier for you if you repent. It is much better not to be swallowed by the beast." (Pastor Rick Joyner, The Call)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you think of the idea of two beasts being raised up.......
one out of the oceans... and one out of the land?
Honestly I don't. :) Here is why... oceans can means seas... bodies of water. But it can also mean large amount of people. The context would SEEM to be the seas but it isn't 100%. Then, even if oceans and land are literal in the written sense, they can still be used metaphorically, abstractly, and since most of the main points in the NT are more abstract (a parable is abstract) then there would still be something hidden here. So... I can spend the next year, 2, 10... on my knees trying to figure this thing out (when I can't change whatever it means anyway) or I can spend that time praying and learning what God's will is for my daily walk and those I encounter. Which profits the Kingdom more...me being able to tell everyone the details of events they can't change... or teaching others about God's will for our lives today?

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0