Confess Christ, but has no Understanding of Sin

Should homosexuality be tolerated in the church in the hopes that they will be convicted?

• Yes, tolerate in the hope of change

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, they cant change when we agree by association

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

HeLeadethMe

Apr 27, 2017
Toronto
✟32,827.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The focus of church has changed from God and Jesus Christ to more of a feel good self help social club. God is incidental to its purpose.

Amen that is so true............and I think the term our brother was looking for in the OP might be "nominalism", nominal Christians......in name only.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Amen that is so true............and I think the term our brother was looking for in the OP might be "nominalism", nominal Christians......in name only.
I think that is what the majority of people attending church these days are. Even lots of true christians act this way.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a common misconception that God's love means acceptance of people's lifestyle.

God's love is defined in 2 verses.

Romans 5:8
1 John 4:10

He wants to save us from our sins. Not condone our sinful lifestyles.

Anyone who condones such things is living in darkness

Upvote 0

Steven Torman

Jun 3, 2017
Tn
✟9,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
<staff edit>
Well there are others, take for example Romans 1

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."

Of course you are going to say that this is not specific to your exact situation. And this is where you are treating it as a rule book rather then a Spirit filled revelation of God's will.

Well if you can say that "it does not speak to committed relationships". I can equally say that it does speak to sustaining homosexual relationships as a norm. The qualifications for a Bishop is to have one wife. Thus excluding homosexuals from the ministerial positions that they occupy in the Episcopal and Anglican Church - and this is exegeting according to your standard. But you will also deny this as well, though it be according to your own previous principle of interpretation.

What you are essentially doing is the same thing that large corporations do. You assume that if it is not specifically named according to the parameters that you set, then it must be free game. And so where do we get the ethics on enviorment that Christians espouse? They are not specifically named, therefore by your standard it must not matter.

But of course they do, and we extrapolate that by talking about the Genesis account of where humanity is given stewardship, and then extrapolate stewardship from other places, and then we have a theology of environmental care. (Of course I am assuming you care about the environment, if you do not care about the environment, then I can accept your position just in the fact that you are maintaining logically consistency, but if you agree with my logic, then you lack a sound argument, even on the ministry hypothetical. Thus you have been caught being illogical either way and either must deny homosexual ministry or environmental responsibility.)

I would love to Skype with you just so that you can see that I am not trying to judge or condemn, but only understand. I do expect the logic to be consistent, and that is where it is lacking for me at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Raphael Jauregui

Episcopalian, liberal Anglican, Mdiv
May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
A small local church in my neighborhood did actually disfellowship and individual. I was shocked there was this kind of grit these days.
how sad that rejecting people from church of all places passes for 'christian' these days.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
MOD HAT

Posts have been removed for off topic discussion, discussing/flaming/goading each other, promoting homosexual lifestyle, or hate speech against homosexuals, discussing homosexuality.

Homosexuality can only be discussed in congregational forums that allow the discussion in their SOP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The focus of church has changed from God and Jesus Christ to more of a feel good self help social club. God is incidental to its purpose.

You should change churches. Of course if this doesn't apply to you then why are you judging the body of Christ??

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a common misconception that God's love means acceptance of people's lifestyle.

God's love is defined in 2 verses.

Romans 5:8
1 John 4:10

He wants to save us from our sins. Not condone our sinful lifestyles.

Anyone who condones such things is living in darkness

1) He has saved us from our sins.
2) I don't know of any Christian who condones sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1) He has saved us from our sins.
2) I don't know of any Christian who condones sin.

I know of entire denominations that condone sin and sinful lifestyles. Many more will sit under an immoral preacher or teacher for other reasons

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that is what the majority of people attending church these days are. Even lots of true christians act this way.

You think that the majority of people attending church these days are "nominal" Christians, including "true" Christians?

You exclude yourself, of course. What separates you in your righteousness from the rest of the body of Christ? (Read that again carefully.)

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know of entire denominations that condone sin and sinful lifestyles. Many more will sit under an immoral preacher or teacher for other reasons

And which denominations are those? And what are those "other reasons"?

Upvote 0