Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You do realize this makes no sense, and is completely out of context? Right?

SOLA FIDE.

And you are going to tell me that it is out of context when you have repeatedly posted verses from Scripture, out of context, to support your assertions.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What you don't like is the fact that I am right. You hate it. You want to be right and look cool. Tough.

This coming from a "man" who writes in large fonts about smacking down and being the lawgivva, all the while light-heartedly proclaiming genocide. You utter child.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shadowfax503

Jan 15, 2008
Near "Four score and seven years ago" Pennsylvania
✟8,565.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
===============================================

LAW 2. : EVERY time a real born again Christian creates a thread, or makes a post that deals with a very right wing topic, they are instantly labeled as a POE/ TROLL! This will occur within two or three posts, or at least somewhere in the thread.

This Law will hereby and forever be known as Shield Of Faith's Law #2. Or Shields Law #2. Or SOF's Law #2.
==============================================

..."I am the Law givva...!!! :thumbsup:

SOF,

Redirect,Evade,Deflect,Change course,Ignore,Make blanket statements and change subjects, Use absolutes frequently, Attack, Dodge etc....
You are VERY good at all these. Are you a politician?

My post was not about you being or not being a TROLL.

TO reiterate my post.
You stated that the Confederates States of America in the 1860's was AWESOME. Or at least when they seceded it was AWESOME.

My purpose of the post was I could not believe you would think it was AWESOME. I am from the South and love my Southern heritage and personally can defend for hours the States right to secede. I would NEVER say what they did was AWESOME. They knew when they did it it would lead to war, and a civil war at that.

Can you explain how having over 600,000 dead American solders (not to mention the civilians) was an AWESOME thing?

If you are talking about State rights I'm all for that. But to suggest that to "turn this nation around" will cost 3,000,000 American lives (that is todays equivalent of the death toll in the Civil War) is not Christian.

Creating a New Nation is one thing but suggesting the destruction of America in the process of creating that new nation is evil.

So in conclusion,
If you want a new CSA that is great! Just don't think it would be AWESOME to have States secede because that would lead to another civil war and that would NOT be AWESOME.

Upvote 0

Übermensch1

Jun 15, 2008
Illinois
✟155.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you are talking about State rights I'm all for that

Tell me, does that also mean you're "all for" the rights of individual states to ban private Christian instruction, or to defend homosexual marriage, or to Constitutionally protect abortion? What about a state's right to nationalize corporations?

I've not yet heard a state's rights proponent defend these things; only implied segregationism and Christian dominionism.

Upvote 0

FaithLikeARock

Let the human mind loose.
Nov 19, 2007
California
✟4,662.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Upvote 0

Shadowfax503

Jan 15, 2008
✟8,565.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Übermensch;47502742 said:
Tell me, does that also mean you're "all for" the rights of individual states to ban private Christian instruction, or to defend homosexual marriage, or to Constitutionally protect abortion? What about a state's right to nationalize corporations?

I've not yet heard a state's rights proponent defend these things; only implied segregationism and Christian dominionism.

When I speak of States rights I understand them to be any power to govern not spelled out as a federal power in our constitution.

If a State bans private Christian instruction (I assume you are talking about home schooling or private schools) that is unconstitutional! (as long as the education received is up to par) The State has no business getting involved in the personal lives of its citizens.

As far as Homosexual marriage goes I feel the same way. The State has no business in their personal lives. I may not personally agree with the issues but the State has no business telling people who they can and can not marry.

As far as abortion goes I really loath the practice. I think it is murder. And on this issue I think it is up to the individual States to decide what to do about it in their State. It is not a Federal issue.

I beg your forgiveness as I do not understand "nationalizing corporations"?

I have stated before that if I as a Christian have a problem with they way people live their lives I should tell them personally. If I have a problem with my neighbor I do not go to the Governor and try and force my neighbor to see my point of view. I go to my neighbor a talk to him. Almost always we can come to some kind of agreement. And in the few cases we cant we then agree to disagree on that part. Only in less than maybe 1% of the time does it really need to be taken beyond that.

We Christians tend to have gotten lazy in our personal responsibility's of being the salt and light to the world and have shoved that job off onto our ministers and politicians. If we want things to change then we have to start at Home, then our Town, then our State, then our Nation, then the World.

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes except, Deathnote is awesome.

SOF is not.

Also you get the feeling that SoF is one of those mass murderers who can't just sit back and write someones name and have them die... no not him.

SoF wants to get his hands bloody.

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And you are going to tell me that it is out of context when you have repeatedly posted verses from Scripture, out of context, to support your assertions.

Sorry, I have never once quoted Scripture out of context. Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand the Word of GOD, and I do not quote the WORD out of context.

When I am quoting Romans 13, it is in perfect context!!! When I am quoting Lev. 20 it is in perfect context!!!

Sorry, I don't do that. I will not do that.

SOLA SCRIPTURA.

Upvote 0

Shadowfax503

Jan 15, 2008
✟8,565.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

When I am quoting Romans 13, it is in perfect context!!! When I am quoting Lev. 20 it is in perfect context!!!

SOLA SCRIPTURA.

Can you please explain the Spiritual and Historical context of both those passages?

Upvote 0

ShieldOFaith

Aug 18, 2007
✟3,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also you get the feeling that SoF is one of those mass murderers who can't just sit back and write someones name and have them die... no not him.

SoF wants to get his hands bloody.

WEAK.

I have nothing to do with mass murderers. I have everything to do with the Word of God.

Capital Punishment is a wonderful thing.

SOLA GRATIA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadowfax503

Jan 15, 2008
✟8,565.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You don't like me because I love JESUS CHRIST the righteous, the holy One of Israel. I love His Word and this bothers you.

SOLA GRATIA.

This is circular reasoning!:confused:
A is true because of B
B is true because of A

A= You don't like me
B= I love JESUS CHRIST The Holy One of Israel.
B= I Love His Word.
A= This bothers you.

Upvote 0

Wednesday

Heretic
Dec 17, 2007
✟8,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Shield, you know you used to be interesting. I admit, you became my hobby. I used to love your rants, I anticipated your responces. Now it's like watching Scary Movie sequels, for the sake of finding out just how dumb they will get this time.

Same with you, you are getting really dumb and really unoriginal, you are just recycling your old, used material. Boring!

Please come up with something new.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't like me because I love JESUS CHRIST the righteous, the holy One of Israel. I love His Word and this bothers you.

SOLA GRATIA.

Hmm. But we like plenty of people that love Jesus Christ and his Word. Its probably something else. Perhaps its the fact that we don't see you loving His Word?

Speaking of love, have you seen this passage?

1 Corinthians 13

Love

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames,[b] but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Reactions: scraparcs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

SOLA SCRIPTURA.

Saying your perfect over and over does not make it so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others

SOLA GRATIA.

I don't like you because you type in big letters.

It's times like this that make me wonder if you're trying to fulfill the very Revelation prophesy in the Bible by attacking people to the point where they hate Christians like you so much.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

pinnochio.jpg

Upvote 0

Morcova

Oct 30, 2006
✟10,470.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian

SOLA GRATIA.

Oh come on now... you've got more in common with the roman who stabbed him while he was on the cross than any of his apostles.

Upvote 0