Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For example, to some people at work, I'm their boss. To some other people at work, I'm their subordinate. To some people I'm a confidant. To some people I'm their buddy from HS. To one person I'm a husband. To others I'm this... to others I'm that. My behaviors aren't uniform across the board. Are you saying that's being disingenuous?
I don't know if you are responding this way because you believe my comment about disingenuous behavior was an attack on you, if so I apologize. But I was just answering your question about if God actually had a problem with pot. I personally don't do it but I know many fine people who do and I know many fine people who don't for a variety of reasons. I know some Christians who believe it to be a sin and I know some who don't. So what I mean by disingenuous is agreeing with a peer group in one area that it is harmful and then engaging in it with another peer group whom says it isn't. Again I apologize if my statement could have been construed as an attack on you.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
^_^ Zoolander, must every post that nitpicks a spouse be hers?? I thought this one was safe because it's "him" posting!

There was at least one confirmed troll post that was presented from the perspective of the old patriarch who's wife suddenly rebelled against his authority, and the daughter in laws took off with the rich son in law, claiming to go to a ministry event and instead partying. The trend is that they usually involve some type of family dispute, and usually some level of fundamentalist belief.

It is hard to say in any given case.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm also curious what line of work you are in, that you can just jump into a two week business trip with your wife on the spur of the moment.
I am currently a house husband. A major in English does not quite pay the same dividend as one in Geology.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if you are responding this way because you believe my comment about disingenuous behavior was an attack on you, if so I apologize. But I was just answering your question about if God actually had a problem with pot. I personally don't do it but I know many fine people who do and I know many fine people who don't for a variety of reasons. I know some Christians who believe it to be a sin and I know some who don't. So what I mean by disingenuous is agreeing with a peer group in one area that it is harmful and then engaging in it with another peer group whom says it isn't. Again I apologize if my statement could have been construed as an attack on you.

There has been a repeat troll presenting different scenarios here lately, and they are trying to determine if that is what is going on, or if you are a legitimate poster.

Upvote 0

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
There has been a repeat troll presenting different scenarios here lately, and they are trying to determine if that is what is going on, or if you are a legitimate poster.
Oh dear...
The trend is that they usually involve some type of family dispute, and usually some level of fundamentalist belief.
We belong to a very progressive congregation that stresses true faith over fundamentalism. we believe that the 10 commandments have been replaced with the 2: love God and love each other. But that being said we believe that it's more important to truly know why it's important to not steal, not lie, not murder, than it is to actually refrain from stealing, lying, or murdering (the why being because it is in my heart to Love God and Love others). Therefore we don't judge some one for say slipping up and telling a lie or slipping up and stealing or even slipping up and committing a murder. Of course there are consequences both spiritually and temporally for the act but those are left to those who are vested with that authority. What we would do is pray for and council the person to give unto God the underlying reason for their transgression but that is it. However we would have a lot of concern for some one who doesn't in their heart want to do what's correct out of love for God. And that concern is out of a desire for every one to be saved.

Upvote 0

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No doubt. I've got a pretty high position job at a multi billion dollar corporation - and they don't give me 10 day vacations paid on the company dime...lol In fact I spent the new years working!
This is why I think it is questionable what my wife's supervisor allows this, especially since that company did a round of layoffs in September. So it would have been one thing if this was something the company allowed . But you are right, companies generally don't allow expenditures like this. So it is obvious that this was something of a buddy buddy situation that flew under the radar. My wife is a Geologist so she travels a lot for work, that coupled with the fact that the head office of her company is international it is relatively easy to bury some additional travel expenses into a monthly report. And for the record she technically "worked" on Christmas and new years day too. She signed in to the office sat at her desk for an hour and a half answered two emails from one of their operations in the middle east so for what her work was concerned she "worked". I don't think it is on the up and up hence my concern for the fruits which her spirt displays. I don't think what she did was illegal but oersonally I think it's immoral.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
There are hundreds(maybe millions) of people who try to blend in with the crowd around them. They're more worried about what people think than what God wants. Do you trust God to have the best plans and to carry out those plans?

PRAY.

Matt. 6
10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Believe that the instruction is for us to request that because we believe. We can't be the Holy Ghost for people. We can gently instruct them but not make ourselves an accuser like Satan is. And we don't get up every day with a list to reform our spouses. You have probably already expressed your views to your wife. Now let God do the convincing.

I'm in my seventies --- my family of origin were unbelievers. When I get to Heaven I might see a small percentage of them there. I hope so.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did i possibly post in the wrong forum?

if you only want advice, one can post in Christian advice
there people can ONLY respond to the OP and not to other people's posts on the thread

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
maybe

if you only want advice, one can post in Christian advice
there people can ONLY respond to the OP and not to other people's posts on the thread
May I ask then what is the purpose of this forum if not to discuss specifics of Christian marriage ?

Upvote 0

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
it seems your post is more about advice, isn't it?
do you think your marriage is in trouble because of your wife's job?

my husband travels internationally, also
I have to trust him when he travels
he's been gone as much as 1/4 of a year
Absolutely not. The marriage is great, what I am concerned about is if the fruits of her spirit are good fruits or not. I don't know if she does what she does as a result of peer pressure or if she is acting from her true hearts spirit. Like I said I realized she acts slightly different at home than when she is traveling for work. If peer pressure while traveling to Canada is causing her to act a bit more wild that's not really a huge huge deal. That just means she knows in her heart of hearts what's right but as an imperfect human she is just going in the path of least resistance. I believe God does forgive that. However, if it is peer pressure at home that is causing her to "behave" her self better than that is a cause for concern since that would mean she is only acting Christian to make me and our church friends happy and that's not true faith. Without true faith she is rejecting the gift and that makes me very very sad for her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
your wife is fortunate to work for a company that will foot the bill for a 10 day vacation with spouse including airplane & hotel

I can't imagine what type of company that would spend thousands of dollars for their employees and spouses at a peak travel holiday time when hotels are most expensive

my husband's company doesn't allow spouses to travel and they've cut back on company travel for employees

so I'd question her working for that company as something feels very off about it
I think that she is very lucky that this corporation has vested so much trust in her that they do not question her and her supervisor's use of their department budget. The company isn't willing to foot the bill for a vacation she and her manager deceived the higher ups into thinking this is work related. I personally think it is unethical. Hensel my concern about fruits of the spirit.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
causing her to "behave" her self better than that is a cause for concern since that would mean she is only acting Christian to make me and our church friends happy and that's not true faith.

you've been married long enough to know who she is
no one is that good that they can "fake" behavior 24/7

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The company isn't willing to foot the bill for a vacation she and her manager deceived the higher ups into thinking this is work related.

so it wasn't a bonus vacation from company

if you knew that, why did you go as that added cost?
would think your wife and mgr may possibly lose their jobs
and if they don't, the company is lax in keeping track

that would never get by anyone where my husband works
when he travels, he works nonstop and has to write up everything done and acct for all expenses

Upvote 0

Les Castor

Jan 5, 2019
Pearland, tx
✟12,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
you've been married long enough to know who she is
no one is that good that they can "fake" behavior 24/7
I never said fake. Because you are right you can't fake 24/7. What I am talking about is societal pressure.here is an example our pastor likes to use. Say a person really really wants to kill another person for some odd reason. However he never does because he is scared of being arrested and thrown in jail not because he knows it is wrong since we are called to love each other. He goes his whole life without killing anyone but at the end of his life God condemns him for committing the sin in his heart. You wouldn't say he"faked" not being a murderer his wole life but since God could see into his heart he is condemned for it all the same. That is am bit of hyperbole but that is my drift.

Upvote 0