Chicago, IL
✟15,513.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Computers and other gadgets are useful and, at the same time, harmful in our daily living. But remember, too much usage of gadgets can lead to games’ addiction and failure. There are disadvantages of researching on the internet because you can see unexpectedly the topics that are not wholesome anymore. It is up to the viewers to be prudent about surfing over the sites and to be very careful for not pressing the wrong button or else typing a tag phrase can lead to inappropriate contentographic sites, etc.

Technology nowadays is continuously improving. Gadgets such as PSP, MP3, computers, and many more are commonly used. All of them are invented to make one’s life easier.

Technology affects human beings, most especially to students. In fact, students utilize computers for making their projects and assignments easier to accomplish. They can surf over the internet for more information. Communication is also a factor–that is the reason why computers are made. Through computers, communication is easily conducted from one place to another place. But, are all gadgets used for good? What do you think?

Technology is also used for having fun like for instance, computer games. These are indispensable to everyone, especially children in order for them to play different sorts of games and to have fun. Unfortunately, children and adults are abusing the so-called technology. Because of their internet games addiction, their grades are severely affected.

“Computers and other gadgets are useful and, at the same time, harmful in our daily living. But remember, too much usage of gadgets can lead to games’ addiction and failure. Never forget that regret comes in the end. What about the integration of technology in education, particularly in curriculum?”

As far as education is concerned, the integration of technology in education is no longer a “novel” notion. Because technology has become such an integral part of society, it is essential to integrate its use with education in a variety of ways. The use of computer technology has moved beyond computer assisted instruction in the form of tutorials or drill. Today’s technology can provide teachers and students with opportunities for teaching and learning that were impossible in the past. Computers can be used as devices for communicating with people literally a world apart. They can be used as tools to create instructional materials or as presentation devices to provide information in different ways.

Most learning institutions will require a teacher to intermix computer into the grade level curriculum. The new teacher may need assistance and may have cognizance about deciding how to do this on a daily basis. Some teachers are skeptical to introduce computer time into the classroom, because they view computer time as a form of “free time” or they may not be confident of their own computing skills. However, when governed and led properly, incorporating or integrating computer time and activity into the classroom seems beneficial to everyone.

Here are the benefits of using computers in the classroom: students can acquire word processing skills when learning to write; working on computers fosters collaboration between students and teachers as facilitators; often leaders emerge who really feel happy about utilizing computers and can help others; computer time promotes problem solving skills with promotion application; computer time increases responsibility and independence; students have a natural form of breakthrough and often learn by trial and error methods.

Computers can teach instruction through integrating across the curriculum. One of my students said, “Sir, if you are teaching a science unit about penguins, we as students of this learning institution will have prior knowledge about them and can go to a scientific website to learn more about rare variations of penguins. It is not only the topic about penguins, but also other topics that are related to language and literature.”

Generally, the topics are very broad if you surf over the internet, you can spend much time in computer by scanning specific topics and pressing them afterwards once you have chosen them already as part of your main research in class. There are disadvantages of researching on the internet because you can see unexpectedly the topics that are not wholesome anymore. It is up to the viewers to be prudent and be careful for not pressing the wrong button or for not typing a tag phrase that can lead to inappropriate contentographic hubs and other malicious websites.

Finally, the title cited above needs an honest replication by everyone. Are computers considered a friend or a foe? What do you think?

Jason195

Feb 9, 2019
Pennsylvania
✟15,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
While I do like computers and my Xbox One, I’m afraid of as computers grow and become more advanced what will happen to us as humans. Will teachers no longer be needed because a computer will teach students? Will the career of culinary arts be irradicated because computers can cook food faster? And what about car mechanics and welders and other jobs in the trade department? So as technology becomes more advanced how will we as people grow with it?

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While I do like computers and my Xbox One, I’m afraid of as computers grow and become more advanced what will happen to us as humans. Will teachers no longer be needed because a computer will teach students? Will the career of culinary arts be irradicated because computers can cook food faster? And what about car mechanics and welders and other jobs in the trade department? So as technology becomes more advanced how will we as people grow with it?

Jason, I agree with you. The implications of advancing technology in the workforce is enormous. Where are a lot of people going to get jobs? It is bad enough now.

There is good and bad to computer use but if I HAD to choose was it better before or after the widespread use of computers, I would say it was better before.
Why? Whilst it is the person using the computer who determines how it is used, it is all too easy for the wicked to get together ie pedophile rings etc.
As mankind is in a fallen state, computers make sin so much easier and many innocent are drawn in through no fault of their own.

I have to even watch my use on this site as it is very easy to while away time which could often be put to better use with prayer and Bible reading. Here I am only talking for myself.
With computers or phones (as in my case) we have access to many audio sermons, study sites (ie Biblehub) books etc that are invaluable but even here we must show caution and discernment as there is much masquerading as Christian that is not.

Upvote 0

Artra

The unforgivable sin is not repenting
Jan 31, 2019
United States
✟13,245.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Computers and other gadgets are useful and, at the same time, harmful in our daily living. But remember, too much usage of gadgets can lead to games’ addiction and failure. There are disadvantages of researching on the internet because you can see unexpectedly the topics that are not wholesome anymore. It is up to the viewers to be prudent about surfing over the sites and to be very careful for not pressing the wrong button or else typing a tag phrase can lead to inappropriate contentographic sites, etc.

Technology nowadays is continuously improving. Gadgets such as PSP, MP3, computers, and many more are commonly used. All of them are invented to make one’s life easier.

Technology affects human beings, most especially to students. In fact, students utilize computers for making their projects and assignments easier to accomplish. They can surf over the internet for more information. Communication is also a factor–that is the reason why computers are made. Through computers, communication is easily conducted from one place to another place. But, are all gadgets used for good? What do you think?

Technology is also used for having fun like for instance, computer games. These are indispensable to everyone, especially children in order for them to play different sorts of games and to have fun. Unfortunately, children and adults are abusing the so-called technology. Because of their internet games addiction, their grades are severely affected.

“Computers and other gadgets are useful and, at the same time, harmful in our daily living. But remember, too much usage of gadgets can lead to games’ addiction and failure. Never forget that regret comes in the end. What about the integration of technology in education, particularly in curriculum?”

As far as education is concerned, the integration of technology in education is no longer a “novel” notion. Because technology has become such an integral part of society, it is essential to integrate its use with education in a variety of ways. The use of computer technology has moved beyond computer assisted instruction in the form of tutorials or drill. Today’s technology can provide teachers and students with opportunities for teaching and learning that were impossible in the past. Computers can be used as devices for communicating with people literally a world apart. They can be used as tools to create instructional materials or as presentation devices to provide information in different ways.

Most learning institutions will require a teacher to intermix computer into the grade level curriculum. The new teacher may need assistance and may have cognizance about deciding how to do this on a daily basis. Some teachers are skeptical to introduce computer time into the classroom, because they view computer time as a form of “free time” or they may not be confident of their own computing skills. However, when governed and led properly, incorporating or integrating computer time and activity into the classroom seems beneficial to everyone.

Here are the benefits of using computers in the classroom: students can acquire word processing skills when learning to write; working on computers fosters collaboration between students and teachers as facilitators; often leaders emerge who really feel happy about utilizing computers and can help others; computer time promotes problem solving skills with promotion application; computer time increases responsibility and independence; students have a natural form of breakthrough and often learn by trial and error methods.

Computers can teach instruction through integrating across the curriculum. One of my students said, “Sir, if you are teaching a science unit about penguins, we as students of this learning institution will have prior knowledge about them and can go to a scientific website to learn more about rare variations of penguins. It is not only the topic about penguins, but also other topics that are related to language and literature.”

Generally, the topics are very broad if you surf over the internet, you can spend much time in computer by scanning specific topics and pressing them afterwards once you have chosen them already as part of your main research in class. There are disadvantages of researching on the internet because you can see unexpectedly the topics that are not wholesome anymore. It is up to the viewers to be prudent and be careful for not pressing the wrong button or for not typing a tag phrase that can lead to inappropriate contentographic hubs and other malicious websites.

Finally, the title cited above needs an honest replication by everyone. Are computers considered a friend or a foe? What do you think?

There's another possible danger that wasn't mentioned: the blue light from computer screens can cause dry eyes and eye strain, possibly bringing permanent damage to the retinas with enough exposure (from what I read that part is contested). The human eye was not designed to stare directly into any light for as long as the average person might with their phones or computers, even if it's not as extreme as staring into a flashlight or the sun. It's part of why I'm cutting back as much as possible. You can also do the 20-20-20 rule to help protect against eye strain; staring at something far away for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.

There's also the problem that any amount of computer use requires a degree of inactivity, which won't be good if an addiction builds up over time.

As for integration in curriculum I say the more books that can be used in lessons instead the better, but I know that isn't efficient all or most of the time. Computers are a part of education to stay now, no doubt about that. As long as the computer time and webpages are being monitored and computer safety is being taught effectively I'd be fine with it.

Overall computer use is a useful tool but a very easy addiction as well, and without guidance children aren't going to appreciate how important it is to space your time with computers until it's severely affecting them as they get older, and if they never get guidance their children could become even more addicted.

• Informative
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Residential Bob

Dec 24, 2018
Ormond Beach
✟18,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My computer is a friend. It even came with a retractable cup holder.

p50t_optical-100269148-large.png

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The computer is a tool (and not a perfect one) ... tools can be used negatively or positively. The computer will return associated info that may or may not be what the user is looking for and/or may not be true ... but it is up to the user to sort (discern for themselves) it all out ultimately.

All things considered, I'm thankful for it.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟938,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, Freddy, interesting that you ask this question...on a computer. :)

I'll have to vote "friend," although somewhat reluctantly because I think many good things can also be used for evil. But here's my story that influences my vote. I hosted a bunch of my sons' friends every Friday night and some Saturday nights for computer games and LAN parties in my basement. From middle school through high school graduation. I bought enough pizza that I should have a franchise by now. I was that dad that went to the basement door and yelled down the stairs that they'd been on long enough and they should go out and get a life. That there is more to life than computers.

They didn't listen to me. And, I'm glad they didn't. Four IT careers came out of my basement, all now working for the largest IT companies in the US. Think the top 5 tech companies and you'll be sure to place them all. At age 26 fresh out of college all four of them could buy and sell me many times over even though I have a graduate degree, hold a professional position, and have been in the work force longer than they've been alive. So, it's pretty hard for me call computers evil.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m not saying I’m against computers. I’m just saying I’m scared of the advances of technology.
What is Biblehut?
Biblehub is an app with lots of study resources, translation comparisons, Bible versions etc. It can be very handy as a quick resource.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums