Australia
✟28,117.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering how one can express displeasure without grumbling against God, as google articles seem to suggest that even complaining about the weather is a sin as it complains against God's provision. I just struggle to understand how saying "It's too hot, I wish it were cooler." grumbles against God when my intention isn't to say "God you shouldn't have made it so hot." but just stating that I dislike the weather. This could apply to nearly any dislike: food, designs etc.
Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm just a bit confused...

• Useful
Reactions: mlepfitjw

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sune,

I’d liken complaining to the dripping faucet in Proverbs. Sometimes we need to stifle negative expressions. Not because they’re ‘wrong’ per se. But edifying speech has a greater effect on our person than the other.

It can be difficult to do in a culture that encourages us to let it out. Restraint cultivates a gentle and quiet spirit. You fix your mind on wholesome things.

Thank you for the question. It blessed me. :)

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hate the cold weather, sune. I hate the fact, I messed up and broke the furnace and it exploded while being gone from home, now it's cold around the house all the time until the means come around to have it fixed.

(Thankfully the house didn't burn down) (also Im not perfect and have complained a lot in life just the spirit helps me restrain myself now with the spirit built up inside.)

You can dislike ice cream, but don't hate on the person who enjoys ice cream. Pray and love them. Matthew 5:44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!

Grumble grumble. The thing is there is a time for everything, according to what Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, for me. As a human, I hardly complain... because I try to stay content no matter what position that I am in because of learning from the bible the spirit has me this way it's not really me because I could complain about a lot with my own self-pity and oh poor me I am alone type deal.

Here is a few scriptures I would like to share with you and maybe others can comment and help you too.

Ephesians 4:26 And “don’t sin by letting anger control you.” Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry,

Philippians 4:
4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
^ This is the content part

You have a blessed day sune. (Gotta go to work now here)

Galatians 6:18 Brethren and sisters, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sune
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people are negative and are being honest when they complain. I call them serotonin vampires. They suck the joy right out of you and move on to ruin someone else's day. It's good to censor our thoughts as Paul says.

“Finally, brethren [sistern], whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone, I'm just wondering how one can express displeasure without grumbling against God, as google articles seem to suggest that even complaining about the weather is a sin as it complains against God's provision. I just struggle to understand how saying "It's too hot, I wish it were cooler." grumbles against God when my intention isn't to say "God you shouldn't have made it so hot." but just stating that I dislike the weather. This could apply to nearly any dislike: food, designs etc.
If you are complaining to God, you are in good company:

Psalm 142, 1A Maskil of David, when he was in the cave. A prayer. I cry aloud to the LORD; I lift my voice to the LORD for mercy. 2I pour out my complaint before Him; I reveal my trouble to Him.

It's when we find fault with God's ways, complaining about Him, that we get in trouble. That was a great sin of Israel in the wilderness. They could only see the environment, they did not acknowledge the mighty acts God had done to set them free from Egypt.

Our fellowship learned something from a 12 year drought that our state suffered. If you ask God and mean it, He will intervene. The then leader (now passed away) said that God had told him to buy an umbrella because the drought was over. Sure enough, the umbrella came in handy!

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

We are to look up in our times of need. In these bodies of death we will have sufferings . we can surfer for doing the will of God or surfer the pains of death .we are as part of the armor of God armed with sufferings. We have a future hope a promise of a new incorruptible body.

Isaiah 63:4-6 King James Version (KJV) For the day of vengeance is in mine heart, and the year of my redeemed is come. And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me. And I will tread down the people in mine anger, and make them drunk in my fury, and I will bring down their strength to the earth.

Dislikes are the normal sufferings the wage of sin effects everyone that lives in a earthen body of sin (suffering) the temporal wage we are appointed at birth..

Believers yoked with Christ thier sufferings is lighter. iIt is that in which we should focus on and not the accuser of the brethren he accuses mankind 24 -7 , Not just the weather man etc . We have the privilege to eat of the meat of doing the will of God being empowered by our Holy Father. (Emanuel)

I would offer if we do complain and cry out as babies . God who knows all the thoughts of mankind and therefore is able to work in them in order to give us his desires making them ours. We can cry out for strength over and over. Its not repetition itself that is vain but the manners by which men seek to work with him as he works in us to both will and empower us to do His good pleasure.

We can do it with grumbling or murmuring like that of Jonas or as a delight to do the will of the father like Jesus but no one can turn the father who is of one mind and always does that which he appoints to us Him making out new hearts soft and formable .without him we can do nothing. Cry out our Holy Father makes all things good in its time as he teaches us how to pray. .

Philippians 2: 13-14 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

Reactions: Sune
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome ! Everything in moderation. Even our Lord had a complaint or two.
Blessings.

Upvote 0