✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
Current landscape commission i am working on 26x30, oil on hardboard.

I took a protracted break from art for some months, and I see you all have been busy.

Nice work, and I like the large scale. Very cool palette. Does the translucent nature of the palette cause any issues?

Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ball point pen used, drew these a while ago
Ballpoint is a challenging medium. Hard to make changes! What does the imagery in these mean from your perspective?

I like the cross hatching in the armor where you managed to both shade and still give it a clean smooth look.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris V++
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
some older sketches from my sketchbook.
I would take a sketchbook whenever I'm out and would do some sketching of people around me ... as covertly as I can, of course.

View attachment 334651 View attachment 334652
View attachment 334654View attachment 334655
That is quite a difficult task to capture people on the move, while remaining clandestine!

I have tried that before and I struggle with it. I have had a bit better success if I look up videos of people filming boardwalks, etc. on Youtube where you can pause as people walk by.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I took a protracted break from art for some months, and I see you all have been busy.

Nice work, and I like the large scale. Very cool palette. Does the translucent nature of the palette cause any issues?

These are gray/grey days so i need the coolness for these fall days atmospheres. But my palette colors are the same when i paint a sunny day, the palette consist around 20 colors

Yellows to orange to reds to a purple and then about 6 earth colors then two greens and finally 4 blues

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was it hard jumping back in? It looks like you didn’t miss a beat!

A bit. When I was painting every day for a long stretch I had gotten quicker. I also had to switch phones which I paint on due to a screen failure, and the slight difference in the stylus actually through me off a bit more than I expected. But now it is feeling fine again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Working from an old black and white photo again, in order to practice on inventive color.

In this case the idea was to use very cool colors in the background, with relatively warmer skin tones. Then I had to put some cool tones in the shadows to tie it into the environment the background created.

Looking Up adjust 2.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Comments and criticism appreciated. (Though I would understand if not, my drawing prof said that wasn't the point of art and reprimanded me for offering my thoughts on my fellow students' pieces. Let's just say I won't be criticizing your work in the slightest since you all outclass me, but you are welcome to criticize me because I consider that helpful.)

devil_cross_fish.jpg

block_creature.jpg

basketball_net.jpg

These are some older works of mine which I think are more developed:

linuxpoet, The_Caterpillar_Train.jpg

linuxpoet, Best_Foot_Forward.jpg

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These are all very creative Linux! My favorite is the drawing of the book with the feet. The perspective is especially interesting and dynamic. Constructive criticism is invaluable so I wouldn’t take what you professor said as gospel. I only had a half a year of formal instruction in a private studio and the master used to draw right over my works to correct them when something was off. That’s the right way to teach. Imagine if your English teachers never corrected your grammar or sentence structure? Or if music teachers allowed students to play off key? Art isn’t an exception. This is why thousands graduate from art schools every year in debt and not even knowing how to mix colors properly.
Comments and criticism appreciated. (Though I would understand if not, my drawing prof said that wasn't the point of art and reprimanded me for offering my thoughts on my fellow students' pieces. Let's just say I won't be criticizing your work in the slightest since you all outclass me, but you are welcome to criticize me because I consider that helpful.)

View attachment 339927

View attachment 339928

View attachment 339929

These are some older works of mine which I think are more developed:

View attachment 339930

View attachment 339931

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0